PDA

View Full Version : Metaxa users, please post photos of how you set up...I'll owe you big.

Alec_Benjamin
06-22-2012, 07:53 PM
OK I think this thread will cure my problems, or at least I hope it will!

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I get mad ink climb up the needle bar when using Metaxas, doesn't seem to matter what type of ink I use, but it does tend to only happen with 11mags and upwards.

If you use Metaxas with no problems at all, please post how you set your machines up. So that's needle bend, if you do or do not open the needle loop, bands or o-rings, what type of grommet, as detailed as possible!

I know it's asking a lot, and I'm not sure how to repay the favour to those that take the time, I'll try get some shirts sent out.

I've spent hundreds of pounds trying to solve the problem, and am at a loose end cos nothing I try prevents the problem and they were once the best machines I've ever used.

P.S. Admins feel free to delete previous threads started by me concerning this problem!

TattoosByRob
06-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Have you tried Needle Runners?? They work great....

Alec_Benjamin
06-22-2012, 08:19 PM
I tried em with my swash once, huge fail. I'm just looking for photos of set up here, but thanks for the suggestion man.

chris higgins
06-22-2012, 08:28 PM
I would try bending your needle bar some and see if that helps

Alec_Benjamin
06-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks Chris, this isn't a thread for suggestions, I've made too many of those already and believe me mate, I've tried EVERYTHING you can think of, just after photos here, maybe descriptions of set up. Thanks for the suggestion though man.

skinmech
06-22-2012, 08:48 PM
I know you tried them b4,but,do you want me to post some Needlerunners to you...I don't like them, I chew on them when I am drawing a stencil...P

Alec_Benjamin
06-22-2012, 08:49 PM
I have a bunch at work mate, my boss tried em for giggles and ended up eating them or something.

hellraiser6662
06-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Why dont you let someelse use your machine and set it up? Might be you the way you hold and use the machine it might not be the machines for you. Some body else they might work and be ok.

Bruce Gulick
06-22-2012, 10:54 PM
The trick with needle runners is to clip them on the needle bar with the opening in the needlerunner facing back (towards the machine), and it should be on the bar so it rides right in the middle of the tube stem, not too high and not too low. Don't bend the bar at all, and just bend the needles back a little. Dab some vaseline on the needle runner and it should work like a charm. (Still doesn't solve your problem, I know)