PDA

View Full Version : Who sells good UV tattoo ink?

Sarenity Tattoo
06-29-2012, 02:04 PM
since http://www.crazychameleonbodyartsupply.com doesn't seem to be in business anymore. Who knows anything about using/purchasing legit UV ink, brands? websites? anyone know what happened to Crazy Chameleon?

Sage Oz
06-29-2012, 02:12 PM
UV ink is a bad idea and not to be trusted, it's been on and off the market so many times and never stays around. Dangerous stuff with no long term testing, getting liver cancer isn't worth having a blacklight tattoo...

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

reigningink
06-29-2012, 04:30 PM
I've used millennium and skin candy. Both are lagit brands. I've had no issues with any tattoo done with them. I used to use crazy chameleon and loved it. But I dont know what happened to them. Ive had several of my own u.v. pieces for over 9 years. No issues, and they still glow. I say to each their own. I provide the option of u.v. to clients. I , all these inks are phosphorous free. And while no ink has an FDA approval, the pigments used in these inks have been approved for permanently marking animals. While not noted for humans.... No ink is... So there ya go... Just my two cents.

nivek
06-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Skin Candy .. legit ??? bahahahhahah

good UV ink is as easy to find as an honest politician

peter clements
06-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Good tattooist freind of mine Marc Fairburn, used to aleays say of this stuff " I'll be fucked if I'm gonna Tattoo anyone with something that glows in the dark "

Sarenity Tattoo
06-29-2012, 08:51 PM
i used crazy chamealeon for a long time, cant seem to find another i trust tho, i havent myself used skin candy uv inks but i have used the regular ones and wont be trying those again, ive seen their UV colors and dont think they look very good in the skin. anyone know about "Prime Pigments"? seen those for sale at a couple of sites.

Sarenity Tattoo
06-29-2012, 08:53 PM
I've used millennium and skin candy. Both are lagit brands. I've had no issues with any tattoo done with them. I used to use crazy chameleon and loved it. But I dont know what happened to them. Ive had several of my own u.v. pieces for over 9 years. No issues, and they still glow. I say to each their own. I provide the option of u.v. to clients. I , all these inks are phosphorous free. And while no ink has an FDA approval, the pigments used in these inks have been approved for permanently marking animals. While not noted for humans.... No ink is... So there ya go... Just my two cents.

can you post some pics for me, id like to see the healed results with those brands, haven't used millennium inks since my apprentice days.

fkirons
06-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Satan does

spoonertattoos
06-30-2012, 02:41 AM
When people ask me to tattoo them with glow in the dark ink, I instantly know they want a "sweet tat" and not art. Call me a snob, but Ill pass.

johndameart
06-30-2012, 08:59 AM
yeah i received a tattoo about 5 years ago, when the uv ink wasn't as popular, first off, i did not know i was getting tattooed by uv ink, second, it broke out for about 2 years till it finally went away. the only way i found out it was uv was riding hahahah (( rockin rollar coaster )) here in orlando a while back while i had cut offs on and it was glowing hahahaha. i just thought i was having an allergic reaction to the hot pink ink. NOPE! we get people asking all the time, i tell them this and they think different after taht. 3 months of antibiotics, and breakouts, NOT WORTH IT ATALL haha.

asA
06-30-2012, 09:54 AM
yeah i received a tattoo about 5 years ago, when the uv ink wasn't as popular, first off, i did not know i was getting tattooed by uv ink, second, it broke out for about 2 years till it finally went away. the only way i found out it was uv was riding hahahah (( rockin rollar coaster )) here in orlando a while back while i had cut offs on and it was glowing hahahaha. i just thought i was having an allergic reaction to the hot pink ink. NOPE! we get people asking all the time, i tell them this and they think different after taht. 3 months of antibiotics, and breakouts, NOT WORTH IT ATALL haha. some colors are uv reactive without being labeled and sold as uv reactive. Starbrite and intenze have a few colors that glow. Starbrites orange is the most common and the brightest under a black light.

johndameart
06-30-2012, 12:41 PM
yeah i found out later i was tattooed with iron butterfly uv specific ink. i guess he was testing it on people, would of been good to know hahaha

artoftatt2
06-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Japanese pink glows too

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kcmkq3

gravyray
06-30-2012, 09:52 PM
When people ask me to tattoo them with glow in the dark ink, I instantly know they want a "sweet tat" and not art. Call me a snob, but Ill pass.

some times its not art but a tattoo,some times its an artsy tattoo. if its a sweet one then thats even better! tattooist, tattooer, tattoo artist , artist that tattoos, whatever you call it, its still got tattoo in it!

Sage Oz
06-30-2012, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=artoftatt2;46785]Japanese pink glows too

The worst $80 I ever spent (on tattoo product at least). Looked real pretty in the bottle but horrible for tattooing...

artoftatt2
07-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Guess you don't use waverlys. Gap pink right then.. It looks good when I use it

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4pi43f

Sage Oz
07-01-2012, 02:59 AM
I've got a few waverly pigments and like them , but that jap pink is just so runny. And I'm not convinced that UV ink is safe.

artoftatt2
07-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Pm me and I'll let you in on a secret to use his jap colors

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tmmzrl

Sandalstattoo
07-13-2012, 10:27 AM
ive never used the prime pigments UV ink but there standard inks are good stuff. always worth a try. ive used the skin candy UV and had varied results with it.