PDA

View Full Version : HM Pinta losing power on Critical CX-1

Mozzer337
07-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Just wondering if any of you guys has experienced this problem? Ive been through the process of elimination and come to the conclusion it doesnt like the PS. Tried different rca leads and footswitch's and it still happens. What I have noticed is, once it starts really bogging down, if I unplug the machine and run on a different set up for a second or two, and then go back to the critical, its ok for a short while, but then reverts back to running weak??I run it at around 6.5 to 7 volts and wanted to use it for mostly black and grey. I know its not a faulty ps as its less than a year old, and runs all my other machines including a Rotary Works.Just wondered if there was a known issue with using this machine, with this particular PS.Cheers in advance for any help.

evlink2006
07-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Its probably the PS. It wasn't designed to handle rotaries.

Administrator
07-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I sent Roman a heads up that you are having trouble as well so he might be able to troubleshoot this for you.

Mozzer337
07-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks a lot people. Just had a PM from Roman. Looks like the Critical isnt a fan of rotaries. Roman is on the case. Thanks again.

nivek
07-03-2012, 06:50 PM
I have a cx2 and several rotaries, and no issues, thus farm, maybe a software update ?

biggboy
07-03-2012, 07:21 PM
i use a cx-1 and not much problem running most of my rotaries..what power supply do you guys recommend for use..??

fkirons
07-03-2012, 11:46 PM
I think the problem can be the external transformer. If the transformer has low amps the motor may cause the transformer to die out. This happens with coils. We have these units for sale and use it myself and never had problem though

biggboy
07-04-2012, 04:33 AM
I think the problem can be the external transformer. If the transformer has low amps the motor may cause the transformer to die out. This happens with coils. We have these units for sale and use it myself and never had problem though

what units for sale are you talking about??

Mozzer337
07-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Just a quick update on this issue!! I think it was down to the lube. I bought the machine second hand and after realising I couldnt find any superlube I purchased some 3 in 1 lithium in aerosol form. The machine had a grease like lubricant in the slide, so that was the kind of lube I was trying to get hold of. Well today I thought i'd give it a clean and test it again once more (prior to posting back to Roman). I flushed out the slide with instol, and added some 3 in 1 oil instead of the lithium grease. and it seems to have done the trick. When I said switching over from one PS to other seemed to help, in hindsight I dont think it made any real difference, just a coincidence that it may have seemed that way!!! So all in all, I just think the lube was too thick.

Anyhow, ive got to say Roman was a gentleman to deal with regarding this matter. He was prepared to accept the machine and give it the once over, and if needed get it back to full working condition, even though I purchased it second hand!!!

Thanks again people. Im a happy Pinta owner. :)

fkirons
07-04-2012, 12:09 PM
what units for sale are you talking about??

Here are all the power supplies we carry
http://www.fkirons.com/shop/power-supplies

The Limey
07-04-2012, 02:40 PM
That's very cool! If you still want some you can get Superlube on Ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221062451349)

Mozzer337
07-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Cheers Limey. Superlube purchased, and Roman has even offered to work on my Pinta, as it is an early version that has since been upgraded.

Thank you all round. Great help from the forum, and outstanding customer service from builder.
Happy days
:-)

Mozzer337
07-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Just wanted to update this thread with the outcome of this issue. I returned my machine to Roman at his request, so he could upgrade it with new bearing and slide etc. And I got it back last week, and ive got to say Roman is a gentleman with real passion for the products he manufactures. Even though my machine was purchased second hand Roman still produced excellent after sales service.

So if anyone has the good fortune to deal with Roman and his machines you will not be disappointed.

Wonderland
07-23-2012, 05:58 AM
Just wanted to update this thread with the outcome of this issue. I returned my machine to Roman at his request, so he could upgrade it with new bearing and slide etc. And I got it back last week, and ive got to say Roman is a gentleman with real passion for the products he manufactures. Even though my machine was purchased second hand Roman still produced excellent after sales service.

So if anyone has the good fortune to deal with Roman and his machines you will not be disappointed.

I too had a issue that was diagnosed and remained very quickly with a bent frame that I got from Roman. Couple of PM's and all was figured out and my machine was running smooth as silk.