PDA

View Full Version : The Fastest Rotaries

PAWNJOB
07-03-2012, 01:00 PM
I'd like to know what some of the fastest rotaries are. I know my Bizarre V2 is really fast but just by feel, I don't know what the actual cycles per second are. I like the Bizarre but wouldn't buy another one, I don't like the exposed springs, cylinder, or the needle tension system. While I'm at it are there any meters that can read the speed of a rotary machine (CPS or RPM's)?

turnrock
07-03-2012, 01:16 PM
i bought a lazer rpm meter on ebay for under $20

turnrock
07-03-2012, 01:20 PM
do a search theres a couple threads about the meter

slicksteel
07-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I would say oldschool directdrives are the fastest they can really jam even with a junk motor on board!

Magnu
07-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Yep especially the one I saw in an edition of the old Buzz magazine which used a model aircraft motor!.Or the one I have which uses a motor from a printer which will handle 24V When I return from the land of much pain on Fri I'll see if I can find the article.

No Iron Machines
07-04-2012, 10:11 AM
DIRECT DRIVE must be more fast, becouse also have less part in movement
i have STROBOSCOPIO, i dono the real name in english, for ceck the exactly speed of any thing that move, can ceck easy the real speed of COILS of ROTARY MACHINES at different voltage

No Iron Machines
07-04-2012, 10:39 AM
i test some of the machines i have with this STROBOSCOPIO, all machines run at 10 VOLTS, with tube needles and rubberband

-NO IRON, ACTION- 6700 rpm

-DRAGONFLY- 5100 rpm

-SWASHDRIVE GEN. 7, SOFT CLIP - 6400

-DRAGONFLY COPY FROM CHINA - 6.200

i try also one of my coils i use for shading, is basicly liner machine with long spring on front, i realy like for shading, very fast, but not strong, easy for me and run at 7900 rpm

and i try a NEXT GENERATION HALF COIL ALUMINIUM, one of my favorit machine of all time, adn run at 5900 rpm

on ROTARY depend also how many RUBBER BAND u use, how strong are, that machines are lube or not, many different things can change the speed, of course, im sure some DIRECT DRIVE can run faster, but i don realy see the positive things on run so fast

PAWNJOB
07-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks No Iron, very cool; I love this forum. The benefit for me is that I work faster w/ a faster machine, more punctures per min. I especially like faster running machines for lining and Blk&Gry shading.

I like the precision of a "no give" machine but find that my work slows down when doing black and grey w/ them because I have to turn it down more than I would a rotary that has give in order to soften the hit. I've only used a couple Swiss style "no give" machines, got a CAPO scheduled for delivery on Mon. I bought it in hopes the "Soft Hit Slide" will become available soon. Unless the Capo changes my mind about using no-give machines for blk&grey I'm looking for a good replacement for my Bizarre; Something w/ a little give (adjustable or not) and really fast. Just checked out the specs on Stigma's site, the Bizarre runs up to 10,000 rpm @ 12 volts!!!

slicksteel
07-05-2012, 03:16 AM
get the no irons -action-great machine that has damping instead of that crappy give that others have that needs to be cranked down or it gets sloppy.very well made machines that have speed and torque both. at a great price.

MAD DOG
07-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Most eikon power units have cps readings built in .

No Iron Machines
07-05-2012, 07:55 PM
STYGMA maybe run at 10000 rpm NO LOAD, but when u put NEEDLES and TUBE, drop down, is very hard to run at 10000 RPM with needles and tube, AND I THINK GONNA BE REALY TO FAST, become easy to damage the skin i think

suppose STYGMA use the same motor for all them models, almost all use the MAXON 216000,

PAWNJOB
07-14-2012, 01:27 AM
I agree, the 10,000 is most probably unloaded, but still faster than hell w/ or w/o a tube & needle set up! And I agree you definitely need to be careful not to damage the skin when you've got that machine cranked up, especially when lining. But too fast is a matter of opinion. As long as you keep movin' you can really lay some nice lines faster than any machine that I've ever used. Now granted my experience w/ machines is somewhat limited but I've used more than a few.

Blondan
07-14-2012, 06:47 AM
I find that the thunder is really fast to work with. Maybe is just my opinion, but I find that it takes me less time to do certain things with it compared to my other machines.

Magnu
07-14-2012, 11:39 AM
The Tracker lite I have is a little pocket rocket, a tad on the noisy side but at 5V it really flies Don't know what the CPS are but it is the fastest liner as far as hand speed goes in my arsenal.

skinmech
07-15-2012, 08:31 AM
I would say that the Spec Tech Tracker, and the Peter Tiegs are among the fastest I have came across...You need to be on your game when lining with these beauties...Don't forget the Bazooka, crank that Monster up, and it will run with the best of them....;)

PAWNJOB
07-16-2012, 12:09 AM
I've used my new Bishop Capo to do a couple tattoos now and it has a perfect amount of dampening for me even at the higher recommended range of volts. It really doesn't have the speed I was looking for but this is a great machine in a few respects. Incredibly smooth and quiet too. I also found and old post by tattooed pirate on here and he claimed that the motor he used for the Rapier II ran at up to 14,000 rpm's @ 12 volts!!! He also said that he thought this was too fast for tattooing and chose a different motor for his treasure chest build; but is this the reason the Rapiers II's get such great Liner reviews??? I haven't used it YET but I gotta think that there's some correlation. I really wanna try one of these (and no one says you have to run it at 12 volts).

Dan Kubin
07-31-2012, 10:20 PM
It's more of a matter of how high you turn it up.. The motors I use have a standard rpm of about 7,000, but can spin faster without doing any damage. The motors are rated for 10. I have found that most tattooers who like to run them fast go at about 8.. Which is pretty fast. I notice that the heal time is longer when you have them cranked up too fast.. Even if you are efficient.
There is also the way it hits and cycles that can effect how fast you work. I have found that with machines with no give, you have to work harder to get the needles in. Too much give, and they are not going in either.
How the machine dampens is another story.

vodu
08-01-2012, 04:01 AM
Too fast doesn't mean all the ink is going to flow under the skin, need to remember how the fluids works. For example, even if you have the speed of the flash and the machine equally fast, the ink will not flow as a normal speed... You can use more speed and a faster hand but you'll need to compensate with another technique, a different stretch, depht, or make the ink be more fluid... Because 7500 to 10000, is 33.3% faster...

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

Dan Kubin
08-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Well put.
I suppose Demaglo would be the way to go if you were wanting to go fast. It's real thin

Alie K
08-04-2012, 11:46 PM
My Rotaryworks machine runs really fast. I can't turn it higher than 3 volts (though he makes one with another motor that runs slower). I'd swear it was a helicopter motor in there.

PAWNJOB
11-04-2012, 06:01 PM
It's more of a matter of how high you turn it up.. The motors I use have a standard rpm of about 7,000, but can spin faster without doing any damage. The motors are rated for 10. I have found that most tattooers who like to run them fast go at about 8.. Which is pretty fast. I notice that the heal time is longer when you have them cranked up too fast.. Even if you are efficient.
There is also the way it hits and cycles that can effect how fast you work. I have found that with machines with no give, you have to work harder to get the needles in. Too much give, and they are not going in either.
How the machine dampens is another story.

Thanks for the reply Dan. It's interesting what you said about the ease of use and effectiveness of machines w/ no give. Interesting because you're Mini Crankers have no give but they're recommended for liners (and otherwise) so often on this forum and hailed for their ease of use. And I agree about the heal time, I've been slowing down a little as of late.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2