PDA

View Full Version : China Fly

Burlakov
07-08-2012, 05:04 PM
11794the engine dpm-20 Russian, adjustable course of a needle from 0 to 4 mm

Wonderland
07-08-2012, 05:30 PM
looks a little cheap to me, hows it run.

vsprotoss
07-09-2012, 02:42 AM
looks garbage like the other 'fly knockoffs from china.

Burlakov
07-09-2012, 07:23 AM
garbage?! for that works and it is not bad!!!

feb
07-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Burlakov...
Did you change the original china motor with another motor? or is it look really that way as in the picture without any alteration?

fkirons
07-09-2012, 10:32 AM
this post made me sick in my stomach. More power to knock offs and people that support them :mad:

Stripe
07-09-2012, 11:36 AM
I do not own any of china macines and won't... But a co-worker of mine has one of these same knock offs. He didn't know what he was buying when a traveling guy pimped it to him for $50. I have to say it really runs great, it feels as cheap as you would expect a china toy to feal but really runs great. He likes it alot and is now saving to get the real one cause he expects the plastic parts to break sooner or later.
At least one good thing coming from him having one of these things is that he is now sold on the rotary thing and upgrading to the good stuff. He wasn't willing to spend the big bucks till he tried out the cheap model first.

Bruce Gulick
07-09-2012, 12:39 PM
I do not own any of china macines and won't... But a co-worker of mine has one of these same knock offs. He didn't know what he was buying when a traveling guy pimped it to him for $50. I have to say it really runs great, it feels as cheap as you would expect a china toy to feal but really runs great. He likes it alot and is now saving to get the real one cause he expects the plastic parts to break sooner or later.
At least one good thing coming from him having one of these things is that he is now sold on the rotary thing and upgrading to the good stuff. He wasn't willing to spend the big bucks till he tried out the cheap model first.

This is what I was trying to get across to all the table flippers around here..the knockoffs are actually GOOD for their business if they can calm the inner ape long enough to see it..it's like trying the sushi at your local grocery store. Maybe it's not that great compared to what you'd find in LA or Japan, but now that you know you like rice, fish, seaweed and soy sauce you're a lot more likely to go spend $100 in a good restaurant. I know this takes a lot more patience, thought, and tranquility than your average hothead big shot egoist machine builder is likely to be able to muster, but it's true nonetheless.

vodu
07-09-2012, 01:49 PM
LOL!

Sage Oz
07-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Bruce, it's not that they are pissed about less expensive rotaries bringing people into the market, it's that most of these are stolen replicas that are made to look exactly the same as the original. Should Oakley be happy that cheap knockoffs of their glasses are being sold by the millions? Should Aaron Cain be happy about his knockoffs? By that same rationalization it's okay to make cheap knockoff tattoo machines because they make tattooing easily accessible to scratchers.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

hellraiser6662
07-09-2012, 03:04 PM
But some great tattooists of are day have started as scatchers with home made machines or stuff sold for a bag of weed. Because machines are getting to the point of being to much to buy my real dragonfly ss cost me way less than they are going for today. Now you know why people buy china copies and add maxon motors you then havr a machine thats 100 pounds not 450. Thats why people do and to be honest I dont blame people in doing so. And also there are getting so many rotaries out there and if you study them all closely there isnt much new in how any of them work

Bruce Gulick
07-09-2012, 03:11 PM
So the statement made by Stripe that his coworker is now saving to buy an original because he liked the knockoff is an isolated incident? It never happens anywhere else? I think it happens a lot and if machine builders understood this they'd spend a lot less time fuming over something they can't change and embarrassing themselves (and the rest of us) with bullshit theatrics and get back to making something worth buying. Not that anyone needs a "better" tattoo machine, rotary or otherwise. I talked to my friend Carl Brennalt the other day and asked him what machines he is using.."Bruce you wouldn't believe it-I tweaked these $13 Chinese machines and they run like a dream! HA HA!" This is a guy that has been building amazing machines for thirty years. Today's scratcher is (possibly) tomorrow's Guy Aitchison. The world is full of tattoo machines. We have to accept this and move on.

KONON
07-09-2012, 11:19 PM
What's the deal? The guy just took apart T replaced the motor, ithe Dragonfly and is not going to build a cool machine.

Scentless Apprentice
07-10-2012, 03:12 AM
Buy the real thing I say. Don't support thieves, any decent tattooer can make back the money spent in a single tattoo.

Bruce Gulick
07-10-2012, 03:50 AM
All this talk of originality and yet I can't think of a single tattooer out there that hasn't copied someone else's artwork as a tattoo and then passed it off as their own. In fact that's about 90% of the tattoo business, and it's done without attribution and sure as shit without payment. That's right, every tattoo you did of Spiderman, or some Frazetta piece, or some photo of some celebrity that someone else took..all stolen but I don't hear any complaints...that's your bread and butter! If someone walks into your shop and wants a Calvin and Hobbes tattoo you'll do it without a thought, even though Bill Watterson has specifically stated that he doesn't want it done. You'll happily copy a set of flash for your buddy. You'll never think twice about tattooing the lyrics to "Hey Jude" on someone, and pocket 100% of the money. But copy a tattoo machine? THIEF! LOWLIFE! PIECE OF SHIT!

Cyberitual
07-10-2012, 03:57 AM
You dont intentionaly go out to tattoo somebody elses work. It comes in and they ask for it. Now if you go out and build a machine that is a knock hoping someone comes in to buy then your a thief. Big difference Bruce think about it.

Bruce Gulick
07-10-2012, 03:58 AM
So if someone asks for it that makes stealing OK? Of course it doesn't. What if (unnamed hated tattoo supplier)'s customers asked for copies of some popular coil machine? How is that any different? When you tattoo that Frazetta Death Dealer do you send 50% of the money to his family? I'm sure they would appreciate it. There's a huge double standard here and I'm shocked you don't see it. An entire business built on plagiarism and then people have the nerve to whine when they get a taste of it back. Good thing Frazetta isn't still with us or he'd be well within his rights to flip virtually every table at every convention in America.

Scentless Apprentice
07-10-2012, 04:02 AM
So in your eyes, because nothing is truly original, anyone should be free to take this: http://www.inkmachines.com/content/dragonfly-0

And do this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Dragonfly-Rotary-Motor-Tattoo-Liner-Shader-Machine-Gun-Gold-/160822544397?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2571c5480d

Personally, I think that is pretty fucking shitty

Cyberitual
07-10-2012, 04:25 AM
We are in the business of replicating images no matter who designed them. We are not in the business of replicating tools of the trade. Now if you purchase and use a pirated copy of a tool of the trade then you arethe reason they exist. If you buy that shit your really making a statement about your character and business ethics and its not a positive statement. But then again without those trashy ass people the loyal wouldn't shine so bright. Cheers to the trash that actually define the scale for quality!

Bruce Gulick
07-10-2012, 04:25 AM
So in your eyes, because nothing is truly original, anyone should be free to take this: http://www.inkmachines.com/content/dragonfly-0

And do this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Dragonfly-Rotary-Motor-Tattoo-Liner-Shader-Machine-Gun-Gold-/160822544397?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2571c5480d

Personally, I think that is pretty fucking shitty

Who on earth would think that that $30 piece of shit is the actual Dragonfly? You ever heard the phrase "you can't con an honest man"? It's true! No tattooer with half a brain in their head would think that's the Genuine Article. Sure it's lame. Sure it's unethical. But were you fooled? Was anyone? It's a cheap piece of shit and it will fall apart in no time and the problem is solved. What's the concern all about? Personally I don't worry much about "should"..fact is it exists and there's nothing short of invading China that anyone can do about it. And for tattooers of ALL PEOPLE to talk about unoriginality, well, that's so rich I can barely type this I'm laughing so hard. Here's a test, everybody..go look at your tattoo portfolio and figure out what percentage of those photos are of tattoos you drew from your imagination vs things you took from some other artist or photographer, traced, and called it your own.

spoonertattoos
07-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Personally I think you get what you pay for. Pay for a 30 dollar machine you are most likely putting out 30 dollar tattoos. I can say that my tattooing is effected by the tools I use. My lines are much cleaner lining with a 500 dollar stigma than they are with a 75 dollar stealth. My shading is much smoother with a 35 dollar a box set of needles from needle jig than they are from a 20 dollar a box from mithra. Yes I can tattoo with most machines, and most needles, but why do that to myself or my clients. at 100 , 125, 150 an hour, we should be able to afford some decent tools to work with. And honestly, If I only had one stigma, dan kubin, swash drive or special technique I could do most tattoos quite well. If you are buying a knock off of any of these machines, most of you are turning out crap tattoos. And thats the real shame here. you could be a much better tattooer if you gave yourself a fighting chance.

Burlakov
07-10-2012, 07:40 AM
You think I'm a thief!? because I have repaired the broken Chinese typewriter? I stole it? It did not sell

Sage Oz
07-10-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't think you're a thief:)

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

Blondan
07-10-2012, 10:42 AM
The thing is the guy did not took merits for it, it says clearly china fly, I don't see anywhere Burlakov Rotary. Sometimes people have to improvise. There might be countries in this world where tattoos don't pay as much as in America or UK and machines and supplies are not so easy to get. That means that you shouldn't even try to tattoo even if you're more talented or motivated than a lot of so called tattooists that I've seen in some licensed shops, but just can't afford the same equipment. Fair enough it's not ok to steal intellectual property to make money, but I don't think this is the case. A lot of builders get inspired one from the other.

Burlakov
07-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Sorry if I offended you (Commercial) interests, you are attacked on the fact that the car was from China, I posted it to discuss what happened, not who is not interested in what I came up with adjustable cam?!
I really think interestno your car!! but almost all invented! and you do not steal when building similar machines1181811819

Burlakov
08-12-2012, 04:22 PM
1249412493not Chinese! made ​​in Russia))))

asA
08-12-2012, 04:27 PM
I wanna see this run. It looks like it would wobble itself to pieces.

JammyJake
08-12-2012, 04:45 PM
I think the whole thing of stealing the design of the fly is disgusting.. it is pretty much exact. However when you think about it.. most rotaries look alike anyhow.. yes some run better than others but if you ask me, it all depends on the user. I've used a knock off fly (a friends) and it was surprisingly decent, which then made me buy the real deal. I get the impression that the chinese will break down easily. But then.. you compare the price to the real deal its a bit astonishing. Especially considering some distributors give out guarantees for them. I had the stealth copy a while back (actually was better than the real one) and it ran like a charm.. but it did break easily... But that was expected. People know if they buy cheap it won't last. The only real reason I buy real machines are because of guarantees and that they are tried and tested. The only problem here I believe is that the prices are extortionate. I know theres a lot of hard work involved. But look at Nicks Rotary's... every single one different to the next. Totally custom. And at a fraction of the cost of a proper fly. And they run like dreams so I'm told (Mines on order). Bishops are decently priced also. Why such a high price tag on others?

Burlakov
08-25-2012, 04:43 PM

Burlakov
08-27-2012, 11:03 AM
http://youtu.be/-BBC0IfROtU

Eturnus
08-27-2012, 11:10 AM
You forgot to run the other machine.

peter clements
08-27-2012, 12:14 PM
11794the engine dpm-20 Russian, adjustable course of a needle from 0 to 4 mm

What about " Spanish fly "? :rolleyes:.

Burlakov
09-02-2012, 10:34 AM

Burlakov
09-05-2012, 04:44 PM
13070Sorry ..... I put my car does not boast!, what they do not like this for you??

Burlakov
09-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Sorry for the translation

Burlakov
09-08-2012, 01:21 PM

Sage Oz
09-08-2012, 01:45 PM
^^^nice! Looks like the Dan Kubin with a twist.

skinmech
09-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Vibration and use, could possibly cause that "central" support to slacken off, or become loose, unless it was Locktighted..

Simple Equation.....Too many parts + Too many angles = Too Many Problems.........Keep it Simple, Kubins,Nick's, etc,etc.........have already answered the question regarding this type of Machine Construction, and will be very very hard to compete with...IMO

Burlakov
09-13-2012, 02:37 PM

wildboy
09-13-2012, 02:54 PM
The new one looks very retro. You should name it East Berlin ^^ Cool looking machine!

Burlakov
09-13-2012, 03:30 PM
It is retro))) she was 15 years old ...... updated
so it was13340

Burlakov
09-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Burlakov Rotary))))))1355413555135561355713558

Eturnus
09-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Actually i like this make. I like the needle tentioner alot too.

Burlakov
10-02-2012, 05:51 AM
http://youtu.be/vFo2RgyxB2I

Burlakov
10-02-2012, 05:55 AM
http://youtu.be/m7T1cV-kZwY

Barrett Russell
10-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Who on earth would think that that $30 piece of shit is the actual Dragonfly? You ever heard the phrase "you can't con an honest man"? It's true! No tattooer with half a brain in their head would think that's the Genuine Article. Sure it's lame. Sure it's unethical. But were you fooled? Was anyone? It's a cheap piece of shit and it will fall apart in no time and the problem is solved. What's the concern all about? Personally I don't worry much about "should"..fact is it exists and there's nothing short of invading China that anyone can do about it. And for tattooers of ALL PEOPLE to talk about unoriginality, well, that's so rich I can barely type this I'm laughing so hard. Here's a test, everybody..go look at your tattoo portfolio and figure out what percentage of those photos are of tattoos you drew from your imagination vs things you took from some other artist or photographer, traced, and called it your own.

I agree with Bruce's attitude 100% as a machine builder, i scour tons of what is out there's online, getting ideas, most of the shit doesn't make sense until i actually get a makin a machine, then i realize what i am looking at, change whatever accordingly, and sometimes dif than the original ref that hadn't made sense before i ran in to said problem building blind. The only thing in my opinion wrong with slave labour produced chinese machines is just that, the labour practices. the materials are what they are, you get what you research to have gotten, and if you are too lazy to research, don't complain to me. As far as copying design, i find it hard to believe that any builder with half a brain more than ego wouldn't be more than flattered their machines design were chosen to copy.

Burlakov
10-04-2012, 03:13 AM
close the subject China in this post, I want to show you the machines

lab rat
10-04-2012, 06:45 PM
is that atari pacman im hearing at 1:33?!

awesome!!

Burlakov
10-07-2012, 10:16 AM

skinmech
10-07-2012, 10:56 AM
That is one Super clean looking Machine.....I would be happy to have that in my Arsenal if it runs half as good as it looks, well done..:D

Eikonic
10-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Nice machines Burlakov.
you ever try a 0-ring between the a-bar and connecting rod? it may make the second machine in the first video a little quieter. 0-ring as a shock absorber, it should be stiff enough to not do anything else but quite the metal to metal sound.

Burlakov
10-08-2012, 03:46 PM

R0st0ck
10-09-2012, 06:28 AM
Burlakov you spend your whole Life to make these awesome machines?
I love your work

Burlakov
10-11-2012, 11:19 AM

Burlakov
10-13-2012, 12:14 PM

peezie
10-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Hey burlakov, start a new thread to showcase your machines. Headline for this thread is really taking away from your cool machines bro. Polished turd is still a turd btw.

KONON
10-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Good job!

Burlakov
10-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Polished turd is still a turd btw. you did not like!?
what?

Eturnus
10-14-2012, 09:33 AM
I think he was saying that the "china fly" title is degrading the look of your machines. You should start a new thread with a better title.