PDA

View Full Version : Nedz MR04 Ready

Nedz
07-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Here are the first 20 MR04's ready for assembly £159 or 245 dollars plus shipping.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/484097_248031808633817_1600126186_n.jpg

gangstajay
07-10-2012, 09:02 AM
pm sent

slicksteel
07-10-2012, 12:33 PM
that looks a bit different then the prototype-cleaner can you post a pick of the two halves together?

Sage Oz
07-10-2012, 02:03 PM
They look great!

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

Nedz
07-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Red MR04, hope you like it. I will post the other colours tomorrow.

thesmokingmirror
07-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I like that design, looking good! How does this machine compare to other armature style rotaries & what are the stroke lengths avail?

Nedz
07-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Strokes are 2.5mm 3.5mm and 5mm just like my other machines.

tatu richie
07-11-2012, 06:31 PM
ya i have a purple one in route... :) thnx Ed

S_Trofatter
07-12-2012, 12:19 AM
w0w great price on those, Im gonna have to grab one of those soon!

tattoosteve
07-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Same design I have seen a hundred times. When can we see some innovation and not the same regurgitation of the same ideas? No offense, but I know most rotary tattoo builders claim R & D is why the machine costs so much. This same design has been done countless times and is basically a rip off. This is practically the same as China ripping off a design. I could use this machine below and get the same quality results in my tattoo. Sure the motor might blow out in a few months, but its $15 to replace it, and at that rate it would still last two years and be cheaper. Just my two cents. I check the forum daily for new products and just see the same damn thing over and over.

tatu richie
07-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Same design I have seen a hundred times. When can we see some innovation and not the same regurgitation of the same ideas? No offense, but I know most rotary tattoo builders claim R & D is why the machine costs so much. This same design has seen countless times and this is basically a rip off. This is practically the same as China ripping off designs, although in a somewhat fancy package.

there is only but so much to do, this is lookin good ed

Wonderland
07-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Same design I have seen a hundred times. When can we see some innovation and not the same regurgitation of the same ideas? No offense, but I know most rotary tattoo builders claim R & D is why the machine costs so much. This same design has been done countless times and is basically a rip off. This is practically the same as China ripping off a design. I could use this machine below and get the same quality results in my tattoo. Sure the motor might blow out in a few months, but its $15 to replace it, and at that rate it would still last two years and be cheaper. Just my two cents. I check the forum daily for new products and just see the same damn thing over and over.

Jeesh man hate much, sure there are a bunch of different takes on just about every machine, rotary or coil.

thesmokingmirror
07-12-2012, 05:34 PM
I see a cool looking machine from a good builder at a budget price, the mark up is not to much on these

Nedz
07-12-2012, 06:35 PM
What has this machine got to do with mine, I am trying to give artists that don't won't to splash out 600 dollars on a rotary the chance to try a quality rotaries at a buget price. Just because it's not something completely new you want to have ago, I dont see people telling Aaron Cain or Seth Ciferri to stop producing the same old stuff and produce something new. There are at least 6 new rotaries released recently including my MR01 that are all different in their own way the only thing they have in common is the electric motor. Why don't you go and produce a tattoo machine that does not use an electric motor or magnetic coils and be the first to produce something completely unique.

Administrator
07-12-2012, 06:38 PM

There is a long long thread about this on the site started long ago about what we are really reinventing. There are certain machine types that are popular and the physics and mechanics of tattooing can only be modified so much. If you choose to use a machine like the one in the photo and it works for you good on you. I could go on but I would rather not derail this thread anymore. If you want to open a dialog about this you are more than welcome to somewhere else on the board but the last one quickly became a bit of a hornets nest for no legitimate reason.

nivek
07-12-2012, 06:39 PM
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/images/styles/blackfolio/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by tattoosteve http://www.rotarytattoo.com/images/styles/blackfolio/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php?p=48034#post48034)
Attachment 11906 (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11906)

There is only so much "innovation" that can be done with something before it starts to be useless or even become something that causes issues. I mean, what was the last "innovation" you saw on a coil machine ? nothing, most of it these days is bs or just design elements. Tattoo machines are pretty simple machines, over-complication in design can cause redundancy and potential issues. I mean we are talking about a rotary version of a machine that has pretty much remained the same for a very long time.

Do expect some sort of brand new innovation on something that works as well as it can ? Whats next .. wheels? still round whats up with that ?? I drive to work and all I see it round rubber wheels on cars.. nothing new.. pfft

I see your shop does a lot of traditional tattooing ... where's YOUR innovation ? There is a reason why things are repeated - because the basics WORK ! Simple.

As for buying Chinese, it's your money and if you think giving your money to a huge company rather than someone that actually and does tattoo, then go for it, but to me you are missing the point. Hey, why not buy your needles from some Chinese company as well ? I mean sure they may not be consistent and you may have to through 1 in 5 out because they are being mass produced by someone that has NEVER tattooed. With shitty attitudes like that you will be back to making your own needles instead of buying them because you can't get good ones anymore.

That shitty attitude is EXACTLY why there are so many shops being opened by apprentices and they have apprentices because THEY DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE CRAFT. So not to be an ass, but, really ???? that's what you come back with ? pathetic !!

That being said, ED nice looking machine - more than fair price. If I had the money and wasn't trying to cut back on machines - I'd have sent my money already. I would much rather give my money to someone who is adding to the industry and not riding its coat tales.

Nedz
07-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't understand.

Sage Oz
07-12-2012, 07:02 PM
I haven't gotten to use one yet but these look like excellent machines at a very fair price! Nicely done Ned ;)

slicksteel
07-12-2012, 07:27 PM

I will say it in one sentence..THANKS for giving back and making a fine looking machine at a nice price!!

skinmech
07-12-2012, 07:34 PM
***Pos Hijack***:)

I remember, years ago, buying a direct drive from (Ed) Ned...It was spot on, and was pretty fukn cheap..He still produces great Machines, at very reasonable prices...

There are only so many innovations, features, concepts and developments that you can apply to ANY MACHINE, be it Rotary or Coil.....At the end of the day,the function of a tattoo Machine is simply to place ink into the skin, in a safe, prescribed and constant manner.
I really don't see the problem with any reputable Builder, improving or improvising ideas, or design feature, providing it actually works, and is not just a selling point...For instance, throw a "give system" on a cheaply built machine, to create the illusion of control, or tack on a "slide" mechanism and the user will think it is a Linear Drive, and will Line like a Sharpie.That would be wrong....
Utilising features and designs that are proven to work...is simply good business sense, and instils confidence in the buyer/user.The danger is when an un-reputable builder, cobbles all the latest innovations together, or blatantly copies a Machine entirely and sells it to the masses......
This is one sweet Machine for the Money, and has Customer Service from one of the nicest Guys in the Business.....And I ain't Blowing No Smoke....Sorry for the Hijack,P. :D

zack_fa1r
07-12-2012, 07:50 PM
i thinks its well sexy. never tried one with an a-bar yet.

Nedz
07-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Thank for the positive feed back.;)

gangstajay
07-13-2012, 10:28 AM
well I have one on the way... I tend to like the arm bar,spring deck type rotarys.... like HM, and now the nedz... and who ever that poop shoot was that fucked this thread up.. kick rocks !!! go make a machine and then come back with some comments. again ed thanks for making a quality machine and a good price.

elbo
07-13-2012, 11:33 AM

Looks well cool!

Nedz
07-13-2012, 06:27 PM
MR04 £159 to Forum Members - Pictures of the 5 colours.

Wonderland
07-13-2012, 06:58 PM
MR04 £159 to Forum Members - Pictures of the 5 colours.

thats a good deal!

vodu
07-13-2012, 07:36 PM
beautiful machine.

Wonderland
07-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Ordered one today! can not wait to get it.

wildboy
07-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Turned out great looks like a great tool to have

Sage Oz
07-16-2012, 06:06 AM
What's the weight on these?

Nedz
07-16-2012, 06:07 AM
Weight is 97 grammes.

Sage Oz
07-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Nice weight as well.

tugg
07-16-2012, 04:50 PM
sweet machine ,I'd certainly be up for one in the near future.

and why people feel the need to piss on someone elses fireworks on here is beyond me .
I say goodluck Ed;)

Sage Oz
07-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Are these both clipcord and RCA or just clipcord? Could I order one RCA only?

Nedz
07-16-2012, 05:56 PM
They have both clip cord and RCA but I can build you one with just the RCA.

acink
07-17-2012, 07:34 PM
nice machine ned ill be on to u soon for one just have to keep it quite from the misses just bought 3 rw this week lol ,talk to u soon mate once again cheers for the quality machines:D:D

biggboy
07-26-2012, 10:33 PM
recieved mine today,all is good..will give it a run in the next day..thank you..