PDA

View Full Version : First outing with LETRASET PROMARKERS or any type of markers

adamfromessex
07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
shading with markers is new to me, give me your input pls guys.
used a lil metallic for the scale tips, so much fun!

Sage Oz
07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Still looks awesome! Markers are super fun :)

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

Wolfie
07-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Looks Awesome!

adamfromessex
07-12-2012, 07:13 PM
lol thank you so much, yes they are, i only starting inking this as an experiment to see how i could do certain things, and expected to royally fuck it up, but they were so easy to work with, my only regret is due to this being the first try that expected to not complete- i didn't rub out any of the pencil lines on the body- so they are under it lol, if u look closely.
tooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adamfromessex
07-12-2012, 07:20 PM
thanks wolfie

adamfromessex
07-12-2012, 07:21 PM
ooo, if i was one to "title" a piece, this would be "fuck you- I'M FABULOUS!"

Scentless Apprentice
07-13-2012, 02:48 AM
Looks awesome mate, I like to play around with these too, are you using the blending marker?

adamfromessex
07-13-2012, 02:57 AM
Right, this was gonna be brought up-I found the blender Ab no use, where was I going wrong? Honestly didn't feel it worked, what did work was laying the colour down, then adding shades of my umbers/greys, more obvious on reds.
Could u walk me thru it please?
Cheers Adam

Scentless Apprentice
07-13-2012, 03:02 AM
I was going to ask you how found the blender actually haha, I've always been a black n grey artist so I sometimes struggle a bit with colour. I tend to use them like I'm tattooing, I undershade with the greys, go over that with a darker colour such as red, and blend into my lights. When blending, it really helps to keep the paper wet, I use a Zeta pad for this. Can upload a pic I've done with them if you want.

Scentless Apprentice
07-13-2012, 03:02 AM
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to pick up the blender from the art store, so I haven't used it yet

vodu
07-13-2012, 03:41 AM
Nice work!
I still don't have the blender too, trying to find in my city, the copic set didn't come with one

Baldrick
07-13-2012, 04:05 AM
I've got blenders but I find them best to lighten darker colours - almost like an eraser - I find it best to use the lighter shade of whatever colour to blend the tones instead.

adamfromessex
07-15-2012, 07:39 PM
right- I used the blender, great tool, felt it was good for knocking the stuffing out of a harsh colours/ tones, too strong for subtle shades,
i used it on the grey on the mask- to knock out the harsh differences shading through to the paper's "colour".
but felt I could really use it one a larger are than i needed area so it softened the tone, like popping more skin than needed to introduce more suble ink.
basically blender is good- for bleaching, but bad because it bleaches ;) i screwed a couple of things up, that i rectified, because it pulled all the colour out :)
i have found my medium i think- tried painting, tried pastels- this feels good and right. and wow- once they dry they are opaque, vibrant and no striping from the filling