PDA

View Full Version : spectra halo

chris-in-cali
07-18-2012, 09:41 PM
i'm gonna pre-order one of these right now.
just having a little trouble deciding on what stroke.
right now i use my neo-tat vivace 3.5 stroke for color work and shading so i'm guessing the 3.6mm motor bolt would work best for me???
sometimes i wish i could work a little faster so i wanna give the 3.2mm a try.

just wondering if any of you guys can shoot some quick advice and maybe save me some time and money.

also, it's kinda weird that they have a deal on 2 bodies and one motor bolt.
I would like a deal on 1 body and two motorbolts to switch out.
like go from a 2mm stroke to a 3.6mm stroke by switching bolts and using the same body....makes sense no?
why would you need 2 bodies and only one bolt?

anyways...i wanna order like right now but i'm gonna wait a day to hopefully get some advice here by people that are using them.

thanks,
chris

slicksteel
07-18-2012, 09:54 PM
two bodies-a liner and a shader/packer pre set up

chris-in-cali
07-18-2012, 09:58 PM
ahhhh....ok....gotcha.
now i feel a bit on the dumb side, but not the first time so......

clint morrison
07-18-2012, 10:11 PM
I have the 3.2 and it kicks ass for everything. Lining, packing and shading. I figured it might be a touch short because I usually like 3.5 or so. But I was wrong. It's perfect. Trying to save up for another body myself.

chris-in-cali
07-18-2012, 10:13 PM
thanks bro....that helps alot.......i think i will go 3.2 also.
i'm about to just say fuck it and order 2.........

asA
07-18-2012, 10:34 PM
two bodies-a liner and a shader/packer pre set up the motorbolt determines the throw not the bodies.. So to have two different strokes ya need 2 motor bolts.. Or at lease 2 berrings and swap the berring on the 1 motorbolt.

fkirons
07-18-2012, 10:56 PM
3.2 is an all terrain. It's basically all I use.
Here is my take on all the available strokes:

2.5mm: great for black and grey, color blending.
3.2mm: great for grey color and also lining
3.6mm: Awesome liner and color packer
4.0mm: color pounder, also great liner for bigger rounds.

fkirons
07-18-2012, 11:04 PM
right now i use my neo-tat vivace 3.5 stroke for color work and shading so i'm guessing the 3.6mm motor bolt would work best for me???

just wondering if any of you guys can shoot some quick advice and maybe save me some time and money.

like go from a 2mm stroke to a 3.6mm stroke by switching bolts and using the same body....makes sense no?

anyways...i wanna order like right now but i'm gonna wait a day to hopefully get some advice here by people that are using them.

thanks,
chris

We haven't sold two motors and one body to anyone yet but something to consider. The reasoning behind or packages is that it makes sense to get two bodies and one MotorBolt since you can run two machines (two needle setups with one motor) We also have a 3 Machine body deal.

I only use one motor that remains plugged and bag. We don't have deal in motors as we are basically giving the motors away when you ad up the cost of the Maxon motor, the cnc machine body, stroke wheel, bearing, hardware and labor.

Should you have any further questions feel free to email us at [email protected]

Gaston

chris-in-cali
07-19-2012, 12:00 AM
i appreciate the reply....these questions probably should have been asked in a pm to you.
but decided to just put it here in case anybody was also wondering....

awesome reply from the builder himself...hard to find and much appreciated bro.
i'll be ordering soon...

thanks,
chris

tattoosbyjamison
07-19-2012, 12:56 AM

thanks,
chrisyou can always buy one machine and then get the different stroke wheels they are $25 a piece and supper easy to change i have 2 machines and all of wheels so i can change them out and use whatever i want.

chris-in-cali
07-19-2012, 03:48 AM
nevermind....was gonna a ask a question but you answered it.
was also thinking about the flywheels too....you mentioned how easy it is to swap them out...
what a great design!!!

wildboy
07-19-2012, 04:12 AM
Is there an European supplier that sells the Spektra Halo?

darkness
07-19-2012, 04:35 AM
deleted posting

wildboy
07-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Not in stock at the moment at barberdts but thanks for the link! Its really a pain with the shipping to Germany/Europe sometimes...

Zapp
07-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Not in stock at the moment me almostat barberdts but thanks for the link! Its really a pain with the shipping to Germany/Europe sometimes...
Yes,its fucking pain in the arse ! Last time i was at customs to pick up a small parcel and pay 11 euro tax !
Takes me almost 2 hours because fucking custom is in the middle of nowhere !!!!

peter clements
07-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Customs are a terrible pain-legalised theft in my opinion. However, on a more possitive note, whatever we pay is a tax deductable exspense, and we are all self-employed are we not?

wildboy
07-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Yes,its fucking pain in the arse ! Last time i was at customs to pick up a small parcel and pay 11 euro tax !
Takes me almost 2 hours because fucking custom is in the middle of nowhere !!!!

Same here I loose 2 hours when I have to drive there...

chris-in-cali
07-19-2012, 11:45 AM
could you cut a corner by having some trustworthy buy the machine for you here stateside then ship it to you from here?

wildboy
07-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Same problem with the customs office... If they dont know what it is or if the declared value is correct they send you a letter and you have to bring an invoice.

chris-in-cali
07-19-2012, 12:43 PM
bastards.......is it worse then canadian customs??? those those dudes right there have some serious issues...

darkness
07-19-2012, 02:41 PM
deleted post

Zapp
07-19-2012, 06:20 PM
shipping with usps is the answere - you can go to the office and give your invoice with a small amount , and you have not to pay the extra customs clearing ! so you safe a lot ... but fkirons only send with ups..so i have buy a stigma hyper v3 and i´m happy with this smooth machine. No Pain and very good performance !
I have testet the spektra and the only better is the weight ... but 229 EUR / 280 USD for only 30g ????

Gaston tell me he send usps global express !
Do you want to promote the stigma machine on a spectra thread,its the second time you tell the same !!!!

Administrator
07-19-2012, 08:59 PM
shipping with usps is the answere - you can go to the office and give your invoice with a small amount , and you have not to pay the extra customs clearing ! so you safe a lot ... but fkirons only send with ups..so i have buy a stigma hyper v3 and i´m happy with this smooth machine. No Pain and very good performance !
I have testet the spektra and the only better is the weight ... but 229 EUR / 280 USD for only 30g ????

i can appreciate you like what you got but please do not derail a this thread. if you have a review about the stigma start a new thread about it in the reviews section please. its good for the guys you want to promote to have good reviews written for them in their own section.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

lammy2012
07-19-2012, 10:45 PM
you can buy the 3.6 motorbolt and frame and then buy the 3.2 bearing for $25. this way you can determine which one you like best.

darkness
07-20-2012, 03:55 AM
deleted posting

wildboy
07-20-2012, 04:22 AM
No its not its just the wrong thread... This one is about the Spektra Halo not the Hyper V3 ;-)

fkirons
07-20-2012, 10:07 AM
deleted post

Hey Brother. I have never used UPS in my life to ship a machine. We only ship via USPS because it's cheaper reliable when shipping abroad and because the post office is at the corner of our shop lol. Please do not make statements that are not true as it may confuse folks. You can also see this on our site http://www.fkirons.com/shop/faq

Going back to the topic, Spektras Black and Red are now shipping. The new Red is called Ruby and you can see it on the site at www.spektrarotary.com (http://www.spektrarotary.com)

fkirons
07-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Just to answer some of your questions guys: We have several European Distributors that are going to carry the machine. Killer Ink and Barber DTS have placed orders already. We also have pending deals with several european distributors.