PDA

View Full Version : stigma bizzare problem

Fergus
07-31-2012, 02:58 AM
hey guys im new on this site and also new to rotary machines.
i recently picked up an INKJEKTA from Bez triplesix and i must say its a lovely machine to use.
I swapped with another guy a few months back for a stigma bizzare i think its version one. i have attached a picture and my problem is the needle holder pictured is wobbling and causing the machine to only run properly when the screw at the back is twisted in fully. where do i find a replacement for this or is there supposed to be a little play in this part of the machine?
thanks lads,
Gus.12224

Sage Oz
07-31-2012, 05:41 AM
That's the give adjustment screw, back it out a bit if you want a softer hit. I had a hyper2 and I think the armature give setup is similar. I felt it hit too soft unless it was all the way in. I ended up modifying mine with a 5mm length of spring stolen from a disposable lighter that I placed in the screw hole so that it had some spring in the give rather than free play. I then added a cone screw from a bike q/r axle on the outside to keep pressure on the adjustment screw to stay in place(like some coil contact screws). Sorry I traded the hyper or else I'd post a pic.

Tullin
08-01-2012, 05:43 AM
Hey and welcome to the forum!
I had a similar problem with my hyper V2, the needle bar came all the way out on my hyper. Artemis of stigma then sent me a new needle bar that I mounted in place and haven't had a problem since and my hyper is back in my everyday arsenal. What seemed to be the problem on mine was that the rubber "stopper" that controls the give was totally worn out and beaten up. So I'd definetly send him a pm here and see what he has to say about it.