PDA

View Full Version : Really?

Fatlad5
08-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Saw this, thought I'd ask what others opinions are on it....looks really heavy and cumbersome and rediculously huge...
http://www.killerinktattoo.co.uk/products/tattoo-gun-machines/otm-rotary/the-otm-battery-powered-rotary-tattoo-machine-in-red/

The Limey
08-05-2012, 03:31 PM
There is a thread about it somewhere...

JammyJake
08-05-2012, 03:39 PM
seems like a bit of a ball-ache to me... what happens when it strikes sunday n your batteriess aint charged u cant buy any new ones.. also.. switch at the back of the machine to turn off means its constantly running.. nightmare to color blend and more chance of cross contamination... its a no no for me

Jack Steel
08-05-2012, 04:23 PM
hahahhh!
this is stupid!

DiarrheaSuitcase
08-05-2012, 05:20 PM
The great thing about these is the attachments. Say you're finished tattooing for the day and you need to catch up on some lawn work... BOOM! Weed-wacker attachment! Now you're ready to landscape with the precision of a huge rotary!

Wonderland
08-05-2012, 05:27 PM
The great thing about these is the attachments. Say you're finished tattooing for the day and you need to catch up on some lawn work... BOOM! Weed-wacker attachment! Now you're ready to landscape with the precision of a huge rotary!

HA ha ha ha! coffee is every where thank you!

asA
08-05-2012, 07:40 PM
There is a post about this some time ago. Doesn't look like they took much critism to heart though they pushed forward and released it with all the silliness still there... I mean I'll buy just about anything and give it a shot.... But.. I don't think I can do this one... at only 9.2 oz. That's only like 2 fk coils tied together or 4 spektras. Nbd...

Inkslingers
08-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Did anyone catch this on the same page? http://youtu.be/degun6qPZDU

Sarenity Tattoo
08-05-2012, 08:55 PM
i kinda like the standard battery plug in idea, a push switch would be WAY more practical than that style of toggle. lol i hate to admit it but i kinda like it, anything will be better that those ultra crap "freewire" machines. I could see uses for something like this, but not at that price. but gives me ideas to rig a stealth with a similar setup, should be pretty easy, all radio shack components.

shoutingbombs
08-05-2012, 09:52 PM
that's some funny shit..lol

shoutingbombs
08-05-2012, 09:54 PM
that's some funny shit..lol

tattooedjim
08-05-2012, 11:34 PM
We are a stingy an a selvish juno?

vodu
08-05-2012, 11:59 PM
No CAT stick on the side of the machine ?

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

Sage Oz
08-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Funny thing is it is lighter than the brass Coastal swing gate shader that I used to use in late 90's. Was over 10oz lol! Gotta subtract the 2ft of clip cord weight as well so it probably feels lighter when working. The battery is low and close to the hand too. Surely though they could shave off some weight and make it more compact. I'd like to see the switch mounted near the vise in a way that is easy to toggle with the thumb but not accidentally as where it is now I'd be hitting it all the time.

vodu
08-06-2012, 01:27 AM
I don't know Sage, I'm getting old and i need to take care of my wrists... I don't know about you but for me less weight, longer I wait to be a crippled artist.. Lol

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

Sage Oz
08-06-2012, 01:56 AM
I hear you bro, I only use lightweights as well. I like weight weeny stuff, my bicycles are all covered in super light parts too lol
I'm sure though if they could get it down to 5-6 oz then it'd be comparable to a 3-4 oz machine with a cord

wildboy
08-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Sonner or later someone will come out with a lightweight version and a cool design... Since the ideas are there it wont be very long till it happens.

turnrock
08-06-2012, 03:57 AM
we actually lost power yesterday for a few hours because a transformer blew. this would of been hit at the shop.
im almost tempted to buy one just incase it happens again but my luck ill forget to charge it . i think ill invest in a ups backup battery for that purpose.

Fatlad5
08-06-2012, 05:45 AM
I actually like the idea of a battery powered machine, but not this....too heavy, but what happens when the battery dies, will it just shut off with a needle stuck in someone's skin or will it slow down....and on a lighter note, will you still have your foot hovering over a 'ghost' pedal haha

Sage Oz
08-06-2012, 06:06 AM
Here's the future. Wireless footpedal remotely working a wireless machine adapting the technology from rc cars have to foot buttons to change voltage and another to cycle to a different machine. Each machine can be bound to a DSM channel.