PDA

View Full Version : HM La Pinta color adj. machine first impressions

slicksteel
08-11-2012, 09:15 PM
My new La Pinta came in yesterday! First off, I must say Roman has some of the best customer service around!He is quick to help with any problems are questions you have and gets back to you asap.:)
On to the tattooing tool!
The machine came packed in a very nice box that is well padded with formfitting foam cut & made for the shape of the machine.Inside came a instruction sheet and a card showing all of the HM machines.The machine also came with a large syringe of super lube grease.
The finish is very high quality and is very slick and nice looking with the company's logo on the side of the motor can.
The machine came lubed up and ready to go right out the box.The La Pinta is sold as a color machine usage rotary machine that has a black nylon screw on top of the needle bar slider which adjusts the hit from hard to soft.

So I loaded up the machine with a few different steel tubes to test the front fit as some machine can have problems here. The chuck grabs tight with very little pressure from the chuck screw.The chuck screw is of the nicest welded coin type that I have seen-has no sharp areas and is smooth and centered straight. I then slide a few disposable tubes in to see how the chuck would grip on them. They also were held & gripped very well with getting crushed.Only a little bit more turn/pressure was need to to do the job.The balance of the La pinta feels very nice with both styles of tubes and is nether to heavy or light

Next up I tried three different RCA cords on the La Pinta to see how the fit would be-on most machines i have used it is hit or miss as they are ether to tight a fit or to lose and fall off easy! not on this one-it seems to be the perfect size and will grab on nicely with out being to tight or lose. The RCA plugs fit & finish look perfect to this machine and was well designed and does not look like a out of place last min. addition to it like I have seen on a lot of other rotaries.

I then loaded up a 7mag & 15mag and turned the power up and down on a Mastech lab power supply -the result was very smooth and got a bit louder after 8volts .5-8v is recommended but can go up to 12. So there seems to be plenty of speed and punch to drive any size grouping you want with ease.

While running the machine I then adjusted the hit knob from all the way in.(came that way) to almost out.The feel of the built in give is very good and not to loose & wobbly like some other machines when they are backed out. I tested against a piece of fake skin and needle against my hands skin. Even with the give nob backed all the way out the machine has a lot of power yet is very smooth & soft even as it backs up in the slider.

So for my conclusion: This machine runs great and looks very well made with great craftsmanship were every part is made to work perfectly with each other.This machine also feels like you could also do bng and lining with ease.
Upon some time tattooing with the HM's La Pinta I will give a further review on my exp. with it.

Roman HM tattoomachines
08-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm Glad "La Pinta" gave you such a good first impresión!!!
you made a really nice description of the machine! Thanks and cant wait to hear how in works for you!!!!!
Thanks again , roman

grey
10-06-2012, 12:26 PM
i agree, same sentiment about the la nina, and la pinta. they rock as a team...