PDA

View Full Version : diablo

tattoo4satan
08-16-2012, 08:35 PM
they took care of it. so nevermind

Shawn
08-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Ah man really. There was some dude on here sayin good things about them and look. I knew it. Get your money back.

evlink2006
08-16-2012, 09:04 PM
that looks bent bad.

slicksteel
08-16-2012, 09:15 PM
the fake dragofly are better then that! damn!

thesmokingmirror
08-16-2012, 10:05 PM
thats too bad, i would think they would have quality control measures since they are trying to market there products as good quality and affordable. How well was it packaged?

Bruce Gulick
08-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Did you put a needle bar on and run it?

fkirons
08-17-2012, 01:34 AM
ouch!

Wonderland
08-17-2012, 07:37 AM
What a shame. I would send it back, and buy a spektra.

Tullin
08-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I would never buy something without having proper feedback about the product. Unfortunately you had to be the guy to try it out and now we know not to buy them. So absolutely get your money back man and good solid machine. I would say buy a Spektra as it truly is a great machine and is pretty close geometrywise to what you wanted with the diablo. I'm definately getting a halo as soon as my wallet allows!
It seems to me the diablo is just a reworked dragonfly clone from china. Sorry again for the machinemisfortune, know the feeling and it really aint nicee.

Bruce Gulick
08-17-2012, 12:05 PM
"Now we know not to buy them."

Right, because no one on this forum has ever had an issue with their rotary machine. Never a problem with a Bishop, smooth sailing with every HM, and not a single complaint with a Stigma.

Put a needle bar on the thing, adjust the tensioner, and run it. If you still have an issue, ask Friction what's up. My Diablo+ has a little side to side play in the chamber and it hasn't affected the way it performs in the slightest.

Not saying there's not an issue, there could well be, but y'all could tone down the "OOOO YOU GOT BURNED!" histrionics, at least until there's a little more to the story.

artoftatt2
08-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Feeling awkward? Have a beer..

Wonderland
08-17-2012, 12:21 PM

Right, because no one on this forum has ever had an issue with their rotary machine. Never a problem with a Bishop, smooth sailing with every HM, and not a single complaint with a Stigma.

Put a needle bar on the thing, adjust the tensioner, and run it. If you still have an issue, ask Friction what's up. My Diablo+ has a little side to side play in the chamber and it hasn't affected the way it performs in the slightest.

Not saying there's not an issue, there could well be, but y'all could tone down the "OOOO YOU GOT BURNED!" histrionics, at least until there's a little more to the story.

I can honestly say that I have never had an issue of poor manufacturing or quality control with any machine that I have ever had. But that is because I buy my machines from people who care about their product. Thats 26 years of buying machines, and I have never had one that was off like that diablo is, ever.

Bruce Gulick
08-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Awkward? No, I feel like I don't have enough info. Can we see some more photos? Video maybe? Let's see it all set up and running. Also, tell us about how you contacted Friction and they told you to pound sand. If it still looks fucked up and you got a shitty response from the company you'd have a point. As it stands you're making assumptions based on a single photo and ignoring lots of positive reviews from people who have, you know, actually tattooed with the thing.

tattoo4satan
08-17-2012, 12:35 PM

so is your geometry off on yours like mine? is it intentionally machined like that? thats really what i wanted to know. nothing is bent, the hole for the armature bar/slider is off center, and the needle stabilizer is equally off center in the opposite direction, so it was machined like that. it has crossed my mind they did it intentionally, kinda like the two off center pieces would cancel eachother out. but that doesnt really make sense to me.

yea i have ran it with a needle, its seems to run fine .

but check yours and see if its aligned like mine, thats what id really like to know. and yea im gonna ask them too.

tattoo4satan
08-17-2012, 12:36 PM
and on a side note, never had a problem with any of my neotats, they are amazing machines, incase anyone out there hasn't used them, give them a shot. they changed my life :)

Shawn
08-17-2012, 12:39 PM
No reason for it to be like that. Yeah it's crooked. He plainly got a bad piece. If the company won't refund or send a new one just let it go and move on. If you want a good machine just ask the big dogs in here and you definitely won't be disappointed.

Bruce Gulick
08-17-2012, 12:41 PM
The machine I have is the Diablo+ (Swiss) version, so it's a slightly different body. I'll take a picture of it when I get to the shop and see what's what. The guys at Friction have been super responsive to any questions I've had so give them a holler and see what they say. There's bound to be some kinks to iron out in any new machine and I'm sure they'd want to know if you're having a problem.

tattoo4satan
08-17-2012, 12:53 PM
i asked friction if there was a difference in the frames, incase i liked it and wanted to put a better motor in it. and they said they were the same.

tattoo4satan
08-17-2012, 01:04 PM
So i was getting ready to email friction and they had already emailed me, they read my post on here, and they want to fix it. so thats cool. good detective work on their part to figure out who i was based off this forum.

tat2dru
08-17-2012, 01:10 PM
i have one and its fine. But they are cool about making things right just chill

Bruce Gulick
08-17-2012, 01:14 PM
"So i was getting ready to email friction and they had already emailed me, they read my post on here, and they want to fix it. so thats cool. good detective work on their part to figure out who i was based off this forum."

Guess that's the kind of thing that happens when you buy machines from people that care about their product.

:D

asA
08-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Or they ship it not broken....

artoftatt2
08-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Not all my posts are about you buddy... Glad they cleared it up.. I like their style..

Bruce Gulick
08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Gotcha. Who was the "have a beer" comment aimed at?

Administrator
08-17-2012, 02:57 PM
I sure could use a beer right now.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Sage Oz
08-17-2012, 02:57 PM
*Drah-ma!*

artoftatt2
08-17-2012, 03:46 PM
I said akward because of the situation with his diablo.. I've heard good things about the machine. And figured if he'd have a beer by the time he was done they would take care of the situation.. Settle down people.. This forum is for fun.. Let's start checking egos and attitudes at the door.. We all can scratch each-others back a little and make tattooing what it use to be.. The old timers know..

Administrator
08-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Now about that beer... (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/5552-Beer?p=51666#post51666)

smiley
08-17-2012, 04:09 PM
I said akward because of the situation with his diablo.. I've heard good things about the machine. And figured if he'd have a beer by the time he was done they would take care of the situation.. Settle down people.. This forum is for fun.. Let's start checking egos and attitudes at the door.. We all can scratch each-others back a little and make tattooing what it use to be.. The old timers know..i agree bro were supposed to support eachother w constructive critisism not bash eachother this forum is great and i love that i have information from all of my respected peirs at my fingertips.

shoutingbombs
08-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Or they ship it not broken.... Agree!

vodu
08-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Stop the hattin... This is looking like TLC... :). I'm grabbing a beer.. 12558:):beer:

Enviado de meu GT-I9100 usando o Tapatalk 2

slicksteel
08-17-2012, 04:56 PM
lol been drinkin this as i am on a tight budget as of lates! BOATSWAIN Double twin screw steamer 2 bucks at trader joes!

Administrator
08-17-2012, 05:18 PM
The beer thread is in off topic. :)

artoftatt2
08-17-2012, 05:35 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/638d87d0-b63b-be23.jpg
Party on!

tattoo4satan
08-17-2012, 06:32 PM
just wanted to say im guessing friction will send me a good machine. they wouldnt of notified me of it before i told them about it otherwise. so hopefully i'll love the machine and write a great review on it. im thinking next time i'll just call the company if something like this happens. i didnt intend to come off bashing the company, i just thought i'd ask people on the rotary forum about my rotary.

slicksteel
08-17-2012, 06:41 PM
just wanted to say im guessing friction will send me a good machine. they wouldnt of notified me of it before i told them about it otherwise. so hopefully i'll love the machine and write a great review on it. im thinking next time i'll just call the company if something like this happens. i didnt intend to come off bashing the company, i just thought i'd ask people on the rotary forum about my rotary.
hey thats what the forum is for! did not seem to bashing to me you just wanted to know if that is how they were made.