PDA

View Full Version : new HM thumscrews

Roman HM tattoomachines
08-17-2012, 06:23 AM
hello everybody, just wanted to share the new thumbscrews we made! I'm thinking of having the 2cents euro coin as an option, just think these have better leverage and are more unique.
what do yo guys think?????
thanks, roman

The Limey
08-17-2012, 06:35 AM
I like those, they look like they came off a 1950's wind up toy which to me at least, is super cool

wildboy
08-17-2012, 06:38 AM
very nice they do have a vintage toy feel for sure.

Wonderland
08-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Those are really nice..

Stripe
08-17-2012, 10:16 AM
I like these a lot better then the coin.
Are these going to be sold as a replacement part?

Eturnus
08-17-2012, 10:21 AM
I think thess fit the theme of you machines better. :)

Sage Oz
08-17-2012, 11:21 AM
While I like the coin it should be on a hand built frame, these will fit the looks of your machines better. And yeah wind-ups are cool...

Roman HM tattoomachines
08-17-2012, 12:08 PM
thanks everybody for the comments. i think exactly like sage says, so i will keep the coins on the custom frankies and some other machines. and yes stripe, as soon as we can, we will setup our web with spare parts that we are working on like clipcords,rca,footswitches,etc,etc!
but the idea is to have these thumbscrew on our HM machines instead of the coin.
so what i read, everybody thinks this will be a slight upgrade? change coin for windup type thumbscrew???
thanks everybody!
roman

tatu richie
08-17-2012, 12:49 PM
diggin them

slicksteel
08-17-2012, 12:55 PM
yep I also think they would look better on the machined rotarys and the coins on the coils n hand built rotarys, very cool linking!

Administrator
08-17-2012, 01:05 PM
I like those, they look like they came off a 1950's wind up toy which to me at least, is super cool

Wind up toy... I see a rotary joke in there. Haha

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

The Limey
08-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Shit man I never even thought of that! However, according to the coil heads we are already using machines that sound like bee farts, so why not go the whole hog ;)

Roman, you need to make a bumble bee machine with a wind up vice screw :D

Wind up toy... I see a rotary joke in there. Haha

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Roman HM tattoomachines
08-17-2012, 04:28 PM
I never looked at it That way nor offensive either!!
I firmly believe Many of the people here Now the differences between toys and tools( hopefully)jajaja

Administrator
08-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Never any offense made, the wind up toy thing and bee fart thing is an ongoing joke between Limey and I about other tattoo forums poking fun at us and eachother.

After all...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/044/778/hatersgonnacat.jpg?1318992465

Administrator
08-17-2012, 04:39 PM
they are also an improvement on these

http://www.wzchutian.com/uploadfiles/bigpic/Nuts8.jpg

Roman HM tattoomachines
08-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Jajaja i never got ofended and i can imagine were the joke comes from!
I had a very good friend of mine saying i was taking the motors off my kid's scaletric cars to use the motors to make rotaries!!!! Jajaja he even made a Banner That i actually used at a show! a Super coil guy( Now he uses mainly rotaries!!jajaja)
Tools are tools / either coils or rotaries

Baldrick
08-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Hey Roman - I liked the coins that much I made my own upgrade on another machine ;) http://img.tapatalk.com/56a97984-aae6-bfcb.jpg

But the new ones would look at home on your machines - top end machining.

grey
08-19-2012, 01:36 PM
1. its funny that baldrick credits roman for the coin thumbscrew. 2. although i like the winged/hm logo thumbscrew, I love the fact that i get the same feeling as all of my ciferri thumbscrews, and i feel like the euro is branding enough because my HM machines are the only ones that have a eurocoin thumscrew. it is classic. one thing i dont like about rotary "culture" is that some feel the need to change everything, and update things about the machine that are functionally perfect. workhorse uses and makes different thumbscrews, and they are cool, like the full circle wingnut, and they have a key looking one, and those are on coils...i would opt for the euro coin, but having more options is always a great idea in any case. roman will make a top product no matter what.

Baldrick
08-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Grey - I don't credit Roman with the coin thumbscrew - I just have a few of Romans machines and I like the coins - same as on some of my coils, a real old school feeling, and I prefer them to wingnuts - mainly because I find them easier to clean. - purely my opinion.

And yes I do modify some of my machines, either to suit me better or sometimes just to make them more unique - I'm an individual and I hate being the same as everyone else - that's why I'm covered in tattoos ;)

Anyway this is Romans thread to see who likes his new wingnuts so as I've put my opinion in I'm done here.

peter clements
08-24-2012, 04:28 PM
I think the new thumbscrews look swell, hopefully they'll fit on other machines aswell.