PDA

View Full Version : about to trade for an original hawk.

DCtattoos07
08-19-2012, 03:41 PM
my question is the guy says that the t tech cartriges he has leak some on this machine. he say the cheyenne cartriges work with no problem, however. says hes only ran into a few that leak. and some other company named cherry or simethibg makes pretty good ones with zero problema

my question is, should i be weary about buying a possible fake are messed up hawk???

serial1313
08-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Save yourself the problem & get yourself a Centri or a Spektra. Then you don't have to worry about any of those problems. Read the reviews & comments on both of those machines.

DCtattoos07
08-19-2012, 05:07 PM
ill have to check them out, thanks!!

Sinnersink
08-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Personally i Hated hawk. Centri however. Blasting cool machine. So unique nothing like it. And the spektra rocks aswell.

Sage Oz
08-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Ttech cartridges aren't sealed like hawk's are, that's one reason they are cheaper and can leak. Not sure if thats a real hawk but the leaking with ttechs is common, and a sanitary no búeno...one reason I'm not a fan but I don't like to be locked in a needle system I can't make my own of. And yes both the spektra and Centri are the shit!

DCtattoos07
08-19-2012, 07:16 PM
i found some of that info out after doing a little investigating. i think im still going to trade and test it out. appreciate the feedback, once again. even if i dont like the hawk, ppl are using the adjustable tubea with the conventional needles in other machines, correct? if so, i wonder how it would feel with one of my direct drives.

Ainslie
08-19-2012, 07:45 PM
I have never had a leak issue with my t-techs. Just make sure to not dip too deep into a rinse cup and let the water drain out for a second before turning the machine horizontal to wipe the tip off. No backflow that way. I swab out the inside of the grip with Madacide after every tattoo also. The little bit of ink spitting that may occur inside of the cartridge isn't enough to leak outside of it.

DCtattoos07
08-22-2012, 09:36 AM
thanks for the info. what if i were to use the tube/grip with my other rotaries? ive heard of people doing this, is this mainly because they can adjust needle depth with a few twist of the tube??

turnrock
08-22-2012, 09:54 AM
thanks for the info. what if i were to use the tube/grip with my other rotaries? ive heard of people doing this, is this mainly because they can adjust needle depth with a few twist of the tube??
just buy some t-tech tubes if thats what you want it for, you can autoclave them.

DCtattoos07
08-22-2012, 11:04 AM
would i be able to with the hawk thats in the mail? i am totally unfamiliar with this machine

DCtattoos07
08-22-2012, 11:05 AM
i traded the hawk to try it but i am just a bit curious about ppl using the tubes in other machines

asA
08-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Cheyenne grip can only be used with Cheyenne machines(unless you get and injecta combo, whenever they become available)...or you by an adapter.. And then you can only use Cheyenne/ttech cartridges with the grip... Not regular needles.

DCtattoos07
08-22-2012, 11:51 AM
the cartriges i am aware of. this is what took me ao long to come around into buying into the hawks. where can i see one of these adaptors you mentioned

asA
08-22-2012, 12:04 PM
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/4934-Connection-Tube-for-the-Hawk-!?highlight=Cheyenne+grip

DCtattoos07
08-22-2012, 12:29 PM
oh wow, that looks pretty sweet.