PDA

View Full Version : NeoTat Vivace or Bishop Capo?

ratsnest
08-20-2012, 12:34 PM
this will be my first rotary... thinking med to long stroke for an all around machine .. which do you suggest for a Coil user..

thanks

slicksteel
08-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Any Rapier by tattooed pirate- of course the latest models of these are more refined.They feel like a coil machine and are easy to change strokes etc.They are well made and a fair price and made in usa. And the customer service is in the US(you talk direct to the builder) and easy to get a hold of at any time.

turnrock
08-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Out of those two go with the NeoTat for sure. if something ever happens with your machine they will be easy to contact with great customer service.

tatu richie
08-20-2012, 01:13 PM
for a coil user to get used to the rotarys i would say any of the nedz , thats what i started with to transition to rotary and the inkjecta is awesome as well and like mike said the rapier 2

wildboy
08-20-2012, 02:12 PM
It doesnt matter which machine you will pick it wont be your last ^^ A non adjustable machine with give might be a good start...

slicksteel
08-20-2012, 02:14 PM
for a coil user to get used to the rotarys i would say any of the nedz , thats what i started with to transition to rotary and the inkjecta is awesome as well and like mike said the rapier 2
yep all of those plus the neo,bishop are good machines- The Nedz is a really well built machine with also great customer service.Nedz machine can do it all with ease. Most rotarys can do abit of everything but never do it great-the Nedz can do lining,packing,shading,powerlining,color blending all great!
You can actually back of the tension with the Nedz and it still gets the needle in the skin and runs very smooth. Alot of other rotarys once you back them off more then a half turn they run like hell and get sloppy. If you have the money I would get the latest Nedz if you like the most tuning options or go with the latest Rapier which has almost as much if you don't want to mess with the machine to much.Both fell similar and do it all. The direct drives like neo,bishop,hawk I feel are more limited in what they can do very well.HM also puts out sweet machines that are made for specific jobs were you want more then one setup.

(Opted Out)
08-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Neotat vivace in my opinion is the best rotary out there.. Used Pretty much everything and now have 2 neotat vivace a 2.5 for linework and a 3.5 for black and grey for colour you can line with the 3.5 but i prefer a shorter stroke liner... Get the 3.5 if your only getting one!! Its amazing.. The only other machine i need to try is a swashdrive whip... They look great but never tried one... Neotat beats everything else.. In my opinion

serial1313
08-20-2012, 04:43 PM
The brass Traxis from Special Technique is weighted like a coil machine. That is what I started w/. I still line w/ it too.

skinmech
08-20-2012, 04:56 PM
IMHO there is no such thing as an all round machine...You come from a Coil background, like myself, no Coil machine is an all rounder, and "depending on your style" neither is a Rotary...So enjoy the journey, lots of great advice has been given, its up to you what you do with it,Peace,P.;)

ratsnest
08-21-2012, 12:19 PM
thank you all for the input

Blondan
08-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Hawk thunder is an all rounder, does anyone agrees with that?

slicksteel
08-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Hawk thunder is an all rounder, does anyone agrees with that?lol yep did not think of that one as you change depth etc.

DR.MYK
08-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Neo Tats for sure. Great machines.

tattoodee
08-31-2012, 04:02 PM
hm tools and dye are the beez

PAWNJOB
09-03-2012, 05:57 AM
I'd really like to hear from anyone who has used both the Capo and the Vivace. It'd be nice to hear about any differences between the two and any advantages/disadvantages over the other.

I own a Capo w/ the 3.6mm stroke and I really like it for shading & coloring, very smooth and very quiet. Not my 1st choice for a liner though, the 4mm stroke might be a better set up for lining but I haven't tried it yet. Haven't tried the Vivace yet either.

joelhague
09-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Why dont you order the 4.2 cam wheel and try it on your current model to see if you like it 25 buxcks instead of 400

PAWNJOB
09-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Thinkin' about it. Guess I oughta. I'm just so happy w/ the 3.6 and I guess I already decided it might not be as fast as I'd like for a liner anyway. But like you said, what the hell it's only $25. I might be willing to go a little bit slower if I had good luck w/ it, it's such an awesome machine.