PDA

View Full Version : Needle Retainer

Eikonic
08-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Looking to purchase in bulk needle retainers, ie the ones used on most machines these days.
please dont redirect me to alibaba unless its the only place to get them.

Do not need the small bearings and O-rings, Unless total price in bulk includes them for less then $0.39 each at 100 quantity.

Thank you

evlink2006
08-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Why in the world would you need those things in that kind of bulk? Are you building machines? If you're building, then why not make them yourself?

turnrock
08-21-2012, 11:25 AM
i would talk to a machine shop to make those but only place your going to get them that cheap is injected molded plastic from china.

Eikonic
08-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Because there plastic and I dont do injection mold, and why would I want to spend the time or effort milling them out of an alloy, when i can just purchase in bulk for less then I can make them.
ya looks like alibaba it is, I have been looking around for a while, and even to have a local plastic injection company, or having them milled from aluminum cost 10x the price then to have them imported.
its to bad union labor is so high, guess the good'ol USA will miss out on some of my pennies....

wildboy
08-21-2012, 02:02 PM
what kind of machine will yours be?

Eikonic
08-21-2012, 02:24 PM
@Wildboy Its a rotary much like everyone elses. piston system like the dragonfly/nedz style but with a little different suspension system to clean up the way the "give " works.

slicksteel
08-21-2012, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=Eikonic;52163]Because there plastic and I dont do injection mold, and why would I want to spend the time or effort milling them out of an alloy, when i can just purchase in bulk for less then I can make them.

Because it helps support your country and have a better product for the end users, its because of this mentality that the USA is being sold out from under us.The money spent here helps to support people which in turn helps you.:confused:

wildboy
08-21-2012, 02:31 PM
@Wildboy Its a rotary much like everyone elses. piston system like the dragonfly/nedz style but with a little different suspension system to clean up the way the "give " works.

Id rather pay 5 bucks more for a high quality product...

Wonderland
08-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Sorry to go all off topic, but manufacturing in the USA can be very expensive. Especially when it is in small quantities. I would shop it around an see what you can come up with before out sourcing a product. You may get lucky, or at least I hope you do.

Shizzai
08-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Resisting urge to rant about capitalist inflation and lining the pockets of the elite, tee hee.

Eikonic
08-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I agree with the economics of the purchase, I would gladly pay a little more for a tiny plastic part if it wasnt going to cost me. $2.50 for a part thats made from plastic that i can get elsewhere for $0.19.
<Quote>"Because it helps support your country and have a better product for the end users, its because of this mentality that the USA is being sold out from under us.The money spent here helps to support people which in turn helps you."
as far as support for the good ol' USA in the long term I am, the cost I save vs the cost I make in turn lines the pocket of not only mine but the retail of the product. considering every other part is made " In house" .

I do appreciate the conversation, and will take all advice into consideration, but in the long run, im not going to cut my own wrist. Id rather take what I save from buying Chinese plastic retainers and buy a injection machine in the long term, then worry about the few hundred $$ a year i send to china..

Edit:
I may do something like this, seems like a invaluable tool for the shop. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD-kCf8amHk
http://youtu.be/hvJil9lilE0

for those of you that are interested http://www.techkits.com/pim/

P.S from the looks of your list of tattoo machines... Why didnt you buy machines with " American made" motors? ( besides there isnt any) ie, my little plastic part vs maxon motors, whos really spending more on foreign soil.... /rant

ckjr
08-21-2012, 09:45 PM
I agree 100%....... keep the people's money with the people.

lost in this strange galaxy.....
instagram @ckealohajr_tattoo
facebook.com/tawkpidgin