PDA

View Full Version : Jimmi Hendrix - Halo

fkirons
08-23-2012, 09:53 AM
From a super tiny reference with bare details. Guitar and hands is one picture and head another picture. Not done, still work to do on hair. this is the beginning of a musician sleeve. Jim Morrison next. Used Spektra Halo 2.5 and One cap of straight Kuro and a cup of water. I think I'm done with pre mixes.

JammyJake
08-23-2012, 11:15 AM
very nice... i'm still a little unsure on the mixing grey in the tube... seems to work well for you though!

Cyberitual
08-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Looks great! I don't use premix's ethier, waste of money... Although I use 1 cap solid black and have 3 caps with distilled water and a rinse cup but i mainly use the caps for thinning for alittle more control. Looks great

fkirons
08-23-2012, 11:42 AM
yep, I'm tired of reworking tattoos for trusting so much the pre mix. Won't mention brands. But since I went back to the ol' method my tattoos heal great and not second pass is needed.
It takes you a few tattoos to nail the technique but just make sure you run the machine low and preferably with give to forgive more when you are applying the pigment. You can crank up speed/ voltage and hit as you start building confidence. Better start light than darker. Not easy but works better for me than relying on 4 caps.

skinmech
08-23-2012, 11:47 AM
This is Awe inspiring......Longevity, may be it's only enemy, but, who cares 40 years down the road,LOL....10 stars...

Tat2dPinoy
08-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Very nice Gaston! Kuro rocks especially with a little witch hazel/glycerin mix to thin it out. At a convention, I overheard an ink manufacturer laughing about how he pretty much sells water to people as greywash mixes, and that sickened me. I see you have strayed away from the 3.2 and giving the 2.5 a try for black and grey ;) that is my favorite stroke for greywash. By the way, I still haven't touched another machine since I got my Spektra!

polynesianworks
08-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Nice, I got a mix you can try

Sage Oz
08-23-2012, 03:14 PM
So sick Gaston, you are as awesome an artist as you are a builder!