PDA

View Full Version : New site skins

Administrator
08-27-2012, 07:00 PM
We are buying some new sins for the site this week. I am planning on picking up another multi-colored skin package so you can have a colored accents of your choice. We where going to forgo this idea cause every time we did software security updates it used to break the compatibility of the skin and it took a while to get to repairing things. I know many of you like the colors, hell I know Alie does especially. The one we found is supposed to come with its own update support this time.

Anyway just a heads up that the look of the site will be changing over the next two months. I will probably be killing the badges off on the site so we can do it right and properly re introduce them not to mention a few new ones that are not just related to the machines you own. Se

For those who are interested this is a statistic chart from the inception of the site.

August 1st the vBulletin license was purchased.
Between then we had multiple test accounts while building the site and a few legitimate tattooer friends helping to seed it.
September 1st 2010. The site was launched to the public.
the third I think was when we got our first group of people signing up through Google searches.

http://rlv.zcache.com/look_whos_2_birthday_train_cards-p137311241953526494envwi_400.jpg

Eturnus
08-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Sounds like a nice over haul.

skinmech
08-27-2012, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=Administrator;53073]We are buying some new sins for the site this week.

Shit Admin, don't buy new sins, I have a shitload of old,but, good sins, which I am willing to pass on for free, lemme know if ya want them all...P:cool:

Administrator
08-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Are they compatible with vbulletin4

The site you work on is IPboard no? Fortunately for us vb4 is now old enough that you can get out of the box skins for reasonable.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

skinmech
08-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Yep IPboard..http://www.ipbforumskins.com/......As you know, just like Politics, doesn't matter what you, do, there will always be some wanting more/bigger/longer/smaller/brighter/darker..LOL..Site regeneration, and development is "mass" driven, based on certain factors, popularity/security/advertisement....Growth is good, the added implications can be time consuming, and frustrating for the Admin, and Moderators..However, this site, has a great bunch of members, who are dedicated to promoting the site in a positive manner,ok, all sites have fall outs, and deep discussions....The difference between a Professional Forum, and a "tattoo website" is simple...It is how these issues are managed, and dealt with in a mature and informed manner...

Sekt
08-27-2012, 09:33 PM
The difference between a Professional Forum, and a "tattoo website" is simple...It is how these issues are managed...
Another word could be used and that is maturity!

skinmech
08-27-2012, 09:42 PM
I agree, so I added it...;)

Sekt
08-27-2012, 09:46 PM
just a pity 'maturity' doesn't apply to me lol!

Administrator
08-27-2012, 09:48 PM
My thing with wanting a new skin is mostly so the damn thing updates without having to dig around in the code when links disappear. Vbulletin is great but when version 4 came out it changed a lot. 3 was turn key and had so much free plugins. All the cool stuff for 4 you have to pay for.

skinmech
08-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Yep, popularity and recognition, doesn't come cheap......If there was any competition left in the Rotary Machine Forum "Market", they would be miles behind,LOL

Administrator
08-27-2012, 10:12 PM
If this was legitimately a revenue generating site i would be worried about competition. The real money in forums is honestly in automotive enthusiasts.

skinmech
08-27-2012, 10:18 PM
**Hijack** Well I still Rip and Strip Cars, and, until a month ago was active in the VW Scene, so I know what you mean,LOL..

Oh, and had one of the Fastest VOLVO 850R's in the UK...398BHP, but that is a different story/forum/lifetime...LOL.;)

vodu
08-27-2012, 10:54 PM
fine by me, I´m a sinner...so bring on the new sins!

Administrator
08-27-2012, 11:00 PM
**Hijack** Well I still Rip and Strip Cars, and, until a month ago was active in the VW Scene, so I know what you mean,LOL..

Oh, and had one of the Fastest VOLVO 850R's in the UK...398BHP, but that is a different story/forum/lifetime...LOL.;)

Did you mod on and vw forums?

Administrator
09-06-2012, 12:43 PM
New skins are just about done being installed.

Administrator
09-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Trying these out... I think I liked them better before they where installed but hey its a start. IF you want to pick a new skin out to see if you like it check the bottom left of the screen for a drop down bar and pick a color.

Cyberitual
09-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Oh man these are nice! Thanks!

joelhague
09-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Nice the banner is back to rotary tattoo forum not blackfolio!

Administrator
09-06-2012, 02:41 PM
the new skins come with support in the cost of purchase. Well for the first year anyway. The problem in the past was we picked up a free skin and then where basically told pay if you want it fixed after there is a software update. These are a little slicker, not my favorite choice and I will add options later for brighter skins for those who prefer white or bright sites.

Blackfolio was the company that made the original skins we had acquired for free.

wildboy
09-06-2012, 02:51 PM
btech purple ftw ^^ Feels kinda strange to have a different skin...

Administrator
09-06-2012, 04:23 PM
I know it feels odd but if you hate it you can still pick the original black skin.