PDA

View Full Version : Stealth vs Storm

vito
08-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Who t is th difference between these machines? Can anyone help me here...I'm asking whether or not its better to get a storm?

(Opted Out)
08-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Both seem simillar... Both ok as an intro to rotary.. I thought the stealth wasnt a bad little machine! Didnt like it at all for lining but was ok for shading... The storm seems a bit better and theres an adjustable storm too which may be cool but for the money of the adjustable storm inc vat u could buy a neotat vivace or a nedz which are both amazing machines! (3.5 stroke neotat) thats just my opinion..

PAWNJOB
08-30-2012, 01:51 AM
I own a storm and my co-worker owns a stealth and the stealth II. I've used both (but not the stealth II yet). The quality is what you'd expect from this price range, it's cheap shit. But I gotta say the Storm ran pretty smooth. It has absolutely no give unless you turn the motor down enough so that it bogs down slightly, which in turn slows down your work. I haven't used the Storm w/ the give system yet though. If you can get this thing to work for you it'sw well worth the price but I didn't care for it. It's now my dedicated T-Tech driver until I use the last of my cartridges at which time the Storm will be sold or passed on.

Anyway, The Storm is a nicer machine than the original Stealth, can't say between the new stealth and the storm though. It'd probably come down to the motor. The motor is stronger and faster in the Storm than the stealth.

hendricksonart.com
11-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Ive owned about 6 top of the line rotarys all sold the only one I still use is the stealth. Often feel it would be better if it just had a we bit more power. Would love to hear others opinions on the stealth 2 and storm.

OwlsDen
11-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Get a used Swiss ( the original of these machines ) I have seen them for 200-300$ an they beat the pants off the stealth an I am sure the storm too. Or grab a neo tat original they can be had used for about 200$ as well. Either machine will take you farther and will be less headache. Also if you ever want to trade for another machine most people will take one of those before a stealth anyway of the week.

peter clements
11-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Get a used Swiss ( the original of these machines ) I have seen them for 200-300$ an they beat the pants off the stealth an I am sure the storm too. Or grab a neo tat original they can be had used for about 200$ as well. Either machine will take you farther and will be less headache. Also if you ever want to trade for another machine most people will take one of those before a stealth anyway of the week.

and let's not forget the "Peter Tieg" ,that is the Rolls Royce of this style machine.

OwlsDen
11-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Or the Ben wight ( or is it right ) that the storm copied

hendricksonart.com
11-10-2012, 10:28 PM
I googled ben wight cant find anything but udated myspace accounts

johndameart
11-11-2012, 05:32 PM
from what i hear, and this is only from what i hear, is that storm is better smoother and better of quality of the two. I PERSONALLY Like the SWISS Rotarys instead tho. i know they are more expensive, but it pays off in the long run personally. They are of Precise Quality compared to the "REMAKES" so to speak.

hendricksonart.com
11-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Here is the thing my buddy has had the same stealth for probably two years he uses it almost every tattoo, tattoos 6 days a week and does pretty damn solid work and the thing is still ticking. I Love my coils and get really good results but man do I get tired tattooing with the them, stretching like crazy for hours on end. This is the best thing about rotary's the lightweight and that you can ease up on the stretching a bit. I've sold all my rotarys but the stealth and still use it for black and grey. With color I think I tend to rush a bit because you can tattoo so fast with it and have to be real careful with needle depth. I appreciate the feedback kinda want to give these things another good shot. I also think the stealths small lack of power might work in its favor a bit. It creates a small ammount of give. Ill maybe try one of these others come spring.

johndameart
11-12-2012, 05:07 PM
I had one for a year, dont get me wrong, you can do nice and clean tattoos with them, the only gripe i had is that mine slowly fell apart. I take very good care of my things too, so Maybe thats why im a little against the stealth haha.