PDA

View Full Version : beware the ronnie star

gangstajay
02-01-2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.powerlinesupplies.co.uk/product.asp?productID=325

was talking with my friend chris over in the uk alsed about this machine..he said this company is like cam. just wanted to put it out to eeryone

fkirons
02-01-2011, 12:43 PM
While I was in australia working at Frontline tattoo, my friend Dom had one of his first ones. It was a brass can with a huge motor.
Same concept.
My only comment regarding that design is that the pivot point on that armature bar is too short therefore the nipple bar angles drastically with every stroke, but again that shouldn't be a problem if you have good rubber band tension.

Administrator
02-01-2011, 01:00 PM
The body piercing barbell is an interesting addition to it.

gangstajay
02-01-2011, 01:14 PM
now thay have another one that has a double crank arm...but I didnt want to buy some crap..I think maybe he was talking about the company itself

OwlsDen
10-21-2011, 05:16 PM
I like that the double arm one looks like an open link from a bicycle chain.. If it works well it genius for cheap replacement parts. But it could easily be terrible... Interesting idea all the same..

Ta2GeezerUK
12-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I own 2 of Ronnie starrs Machines and they both perform well. I think maybe ya friend Jay might be talking about The supply house that used to be his supply business. It has started to Get more chinesey over the last 5 yrs or so. Ronnie has no more to do with the Supplies side of it

Ronnie has been a machine builder here for nigh on 25-30 yrs! I have the Brass with the armature bar and the Stainless with the crank! Both workhorses. I will post close up pics when I get time of the front of these machines if anyones interested.

slicksteel
12-02-2011, 12:06 PM
that would be cool as i was looking at getting one of those ,which one is smoother and more quiet the crank or the abar one?

Ta2GeezerUK
12-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Here ya go Slick! Not the best pics but it will give you the idea, When I bought the Brass 1 with the small armature bar I got it 2nd hand and it had a bit of side to side travel of about 3mm. I took the barbell and armature out then put the small bell housing in a Vice and very slowly closed the gap up checking every tweak til I got it so there is no side waiver whatsoever. It is linear all the way or as close as you could get With this kind of set up.
590459065907 5902

slicksteel
12-05-2011, 02:05 PM
geezer do you have any pics of work done with the cranklink one? does it work well for lining?

Mr.Taboo
12-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Interesting, I like the crank one the shorty a bar seems like the nipple would be tilting back and forth quite a bit like FK mentioned.

Barren
12-05-2011, 02:19 PM
didnt think much of the ronnie star coils not overly bothered about givng the rotary a go, as for powerline they are one of the many companies that sell to anyone via evilbay . . . . moral compass is a lil out of wack i guess meh

Ta2GeezerUK
12-05-2011, 02:32 PM
didnt think much of the ronnie star coils not overly bothered about givng the rotary a go, as for powerline they are one of the many companies that sell to anyone via evilbay . . . . moral compass is a lil out of wack i guess meh

They have gone that way sure. Along with a host of others, I guess there moral stance must be 'if We dont someone else will' I only ever dealt with Ronnie and that was mainly at the conventions and thats going back a few years, He was always straight up and no bullshit kind of character.

I'll have a look around Slick see what Pics I got of lining with em. A lot of my stuff like pics etc are sitting in boxes in a Shipping container lol. I'll take a trip down over next few days

Barren
12-05-2011, 02:50 PM
ive never dealt with ronnie personally and i realise its easy to be an idealist when the bills dont need paying, as always i have loads of opinions and no answers :P . best to keep my head down and concentrate on doing what im doing better