PDA

View Full Version : flexing with disposable

CajunDave
09-04-2012, 06:57 PM
i have a neotat i do all my shading and color with....im doing a convention type deal that has a liscensed tattoo booth at it so i need assloads of disposable tubes.

i dont normally use these things and when i have with my neotat, i get alot of tube flexing i assume is the problem. i have a hard time getting the needle to ride the back of these plastic tip disposables. the needle looks like it flexes and curves upwards as it moves in and out the tube tip.

i need to make my order today and definatly cannot afford metal tip disposables(which i assume would be an easy fix). anyone have a fix for this problem?? ive tried disposables from unimax and from kingpin and both had this issue. i have none right now so experiment with but my buddy here does.....maybe a different way to bend the needle when using disposables with a neotat?

(Opted Out)
09-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Tatsoul wraith tubes!

CajunDave
09-04-2012, 07:49 PM
heres a question, are the wrath originals made out of the same flex resistant stuff as the new gen 2s? id hate to order wrath originals and they arent made of the same no flex material as the gen2s are

chris-in-cali
09-04-2012, 07:51 PM
i believe so....not 100% positive

Administrator
09-04-2012, 08:23 PM
heres a question, are the wrath originals made out of the same flex resistant stuff as the new gen 2s? id hate to order wrath originals and they arent made of the same no flex material as the gen2s are

Shoot tatsoul a pm on here. Billy may have already gone home for the day. Or try calling them and ask. The csr People they have are helpful.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

tattoosbyjamison
09-04-2012, 08:26 PM
i use all disposables and i use them with my neo tats all the time with no problem. yes the tat soul tubes are the same just don't have the squishy grip. the gen2 ones are redesigned with open face mag though, which i just ordered, id say the tat soul tubes or the griffin tubes from eikon are the best out there.

CajunDave
09-04-2012, 08:27 PM
anyone else has had flexing issues when using a neotat with disposables?

slicksteel
09-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Put a slight bend at the solder joint only.

Brian Russell
09-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I've used the Wrath tubes with the neotat, I always bent the needle grouping down at the solder and never had any issues. I did so to compensate for the needle clip pulling it back a little. No flexing with them either.

CajunDave
09-04-2012, 09:26 PM
i usually only use disposables when doing white highlights and i always just put a slight bend at the solder when using the neo and the needle still flexes in a upward curve when the machine runs. when i have the needle extended with the machine not running its sitting against the back of the tube like normal , but curves upward when i run the machine. ive only tried unimax and kingpin so far but im definately checking out wrath tubes. need some serious bulk for this convention

Alie K
09-04-2012, 09:33 PM
anyone else has had flexing issues when using a neotat with disposables?

Only when I use sub-par tubes. I find Good Guy, Eikon Griffin, and Tatsoul Wrath to be some of the best out there (other than the truetubes Durb M. promotes). It's hard to say if your issue is from flexing tubes or other things (Unless you see the flex in the tube, of course). I have a constant issue relating to this since I've switched to Good Luck Irons steel tubes (I don't think it's tube flexing issue there). One thing though, I can't use grommets on my neotats. It raises the eye of the needle too far away from the needle clip which makes it bend in a weird way. I use paper towel squares so that the eye rides a little closer to the glide, or the tubing from Lucky's. If your tubes bend, you may actually have to put a bend in the needlebar closer to the solder point to compensate, or (like I did with an older Roy Richardson machine) flip the needles upside down in the tube so that the bar is on the bottom. I've also noticed that it does that with my Good Luck Irons tubes and not my Eikon disposables (where the needles are not along the base of the tube, but riding or floating high - so I have to bend them a little or flip them, because the needle clip is pulling them down too much so when the needles are at the edge of the tube, all the downward pulling makes the tips want to flex up). This pulling/flexing thing can happen in the same way when a soft disposable flexes. Does that make sense?

Alie K
09-04-2012, 09:35 PM
So, in other words, before you go buying up all sorts of new stuff, try using paper towels to lower the eye of the needle, and/or flipping your needle upside down, maybe with a tiny little bend near the solder...

CajunDave
09-05-2012, 03:14 PM
imma try that alie and see how it works. neotat works beautifully with steel tubes btw

(Opted Out)
09-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Only thing is with tatsoul disposable liners the needle needs the big solder facing up, if not it makes the needle go all over the place!