PDA

View Full Version : final Version of the New ed. rotary!

Stylus Machine
09-06-2012, 04:32 PM
So here is what will become a final set of what was the New Eddison rotary.
Since i am no longer working with my business partner on this it will change name.
4mm stroke length.
adjustable stroke length with the twist of the grip.
direct drive 12v german motor.
will only accept ttech cartridges.
the first 10 prototypes are powder coated.
the last pic is of a final model. and will be anodized.
A batch of 20 ready in the next month or so.
I will not be preselling the machine. i will announce when it is finally up for sale.

I have been tatooing for over 10 years you can check out my work here

https://www.facebook.com/RickSTattoo
you can contact me @
[email protected]

slicksteel
09-06-2012, 04:38 PM
nice look machine and tattoos ,were those done with the prototype?

Blondan
09-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Have you got a price? Any preorders?

Stylus Machine
09-06-2012, 04:43 PM
yeah, they were done with the prototype. @ the knoxville tattoo convention. no preorders. i want to make sure i have everything set up. i had some setbacks before with this machine so i want to make it 100% before it goes for sale.

Administrator
09-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Have you got a price? Any preorders?

It saws no pre orders but he will announce the launch it looks like.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Sage Oz
09-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Very cool!

Stylus Machine
09-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I wanted to keep the price at $350-$400
but realistically I think it will end up $400-$450.

Nedz
09-06-2012, 05:08 PM
I like it and look forward to its release.

asA
09-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I want one! Haha, been excited about these ever sense your first post.

Blondan
09-06-2012, 05:32 PM
It looks like a cool concept. I will get my hands on one of those for sure.

Thom Macy
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Very interesting!

e_Bangs
09-06-2012, 08:22 PM
I was telling sage in a private about this idea.... Lol I was looking for something like this to get a full twisting machine to hit every corner without the awkward RCA cord being in the way.

hellraiser6662
09-06-2012, 09:23 PM
The only problem and the thorn in your side is the useage of t-tech cartridge, in the UK or Europe I don't think there is a supplier so it's a nice looking machine but you isn't going to sell it to the euro market unless the hawk cartridge fits

polynesianworks
09-06-2012, 09:29 PM
WOW!

Bruce Gulick
09-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Killer machine, killer tattoos!

Stylus Machine
09-07-2012, 12:39 AM
I thought about that, the hawk cartridge fits but themotor will not push it unless its turned way up. I have a fewideas for a stronger motor but i need a bit of time to work them out. The us market will have to do for now.

The only problem and the thorn in your side is the useage of t-tech cartridge, in the UK or Europe I don't think there is a supplier so it's a nice looking machine but you isn't going to sell it to the euro market unless the hawk cartridge fits

throwhammers
09-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Looks like what the Marksman should have been... Looking forward to reviews and or videos.

By the way, I am in switzerland, and we get T-tech...

Pain Inc
09-07-2012, 01:42 AM
I will probably reach my stupid question quota for the day, but here goes. The T-Tech cartridges are no sealed, so essentially there is a possibility of ink leaking back into the machine/grip. Now can the grip be broken down from the motor section of the machine and be sterilized? Just curious, and would be my only concern. Always interested in one machine multiple groupings, had a Hawk but just didn't do it for me.

DrewsJumpingShip
09-07-2012, 05:35 PM
^ Just wrap the machine and push the bag up into the hole where the cart goes before putting the cart on. Creates a seal inside of the grip and will prevent any leaking inside of the machine.

joelhague
09-07-2012, 05:58 PM
the little peg still punctures the bag tho on my t tech, no matter what. so i still clave the grips thats my question too about the edison is cleaning like how it comes appart just in case you know is it going to be safe to germicide inside and out? (obviously not inside the motor) but inside the hole where the tube goes up, because what i do for my t tech set up is bag it like you described with the plastic pushed up inside but with that tiny puncture i still feel germicide to clean the grip inside and out after each tattoo and autoclave is the right thing to do. i know unimax sells the girp covers but come on folks those do not keep it 100 percent clean they have a giant hole in them, if you touch the t tech cartridge 1 time , or put it down on your soiled dental bib or whatever its making contact directly with the stainless steel tube and all inside is open to nastys , i think its a false claim that unimax states there girp coves eliminate the need to clave your hawk grips , when a sandwich bag works better! but still not 100 percent, like would you use a condom that had a small puncture in it? because it was only a small puncture lol?

A friend who inspects autoclaves in dentist offices and is a germicide rep i asked her opinion on the subject , she said it is safe in her opinion to use t tech with the sandwich bag method even with a small puncture will be safe to germicide it after every tattoo and no real need for an auto clave but im going to stick with my original method for now.

all my machines i bag them, the clip cord, the power supply the grip if im using t tech, and everything still gets germicide after, cleaning something that looks to the eye spotless , is the way to go. each time you do it its just getting more clean, it disgusts me when i see people with no bags covering anything some people make the argument about there coils they dont touch the machine after they start or the bag contaminates your machine cuz it locks everything in there, well let me ask you this would you rather want all that shit in the bag , or in your nose because your going to be breathing it if its not contained. i just cant believe when you watch shows on tv even, mainstream shows alot of those artists arn't even covering up, i think in the next few years we will see even more people using the doctors masks as well

Stylus Machine
09-07-2012, 07:14 PM
The grip does come apart from the motor housing and can be claved. Although machine finish and the anodizing will help keep the surfacemechanisman. The re is still contamination. I remember having backwash with the hawkgrips with their needles. And it was very hard to clean it after because it went into the twist mechanism
This is one solid piece and easier to clean.much like a regular tube.
I usually bag\wrap and spray afterwards.
I just watch what i grab for cross contamination with the grip.
Ultimately autoclaving is the best way and i try to run my grip at least twice a week.
I need to invent a cartridge condom lol.
That being said, i have not had any backwash issues with this grip an ttech cartriges. Not claiming it will never, but i think it creates less of a vacuum than the hawk\TTECH setup

Stylus Machine
09-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Sorry for my crappy spelling :\

hellraiser6662
09-07-2012, 07:32 PM
To soften the hawk needles so your machine pushes, I've cut out some of the rubber on one side and then matched the missing piece on the other. Try that to see if it pushes it them? Hawk needles come apart at the end easy. I've done this to run hawk needles with there grip u use with other machines

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

e_Bangs
09-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Man just tell me when they ready to be brought. I'm on it.

asA
09-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah been excited about this machine ever sense the first post months ago! Can't wait.

Stylus Machine
09-07-2012, 08:22 PM
To soften the hawk needles so your machine pushes, I've cut outfound maybe 2 rejects in 2 years? Nottoo bad.me of the rubber on one side and then matched the missing piece on the other. Try that to see if it pushes it them? Hawk needles come apart at the end easy. I've done this to run hawk needles with there grip u use with other machines

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
Sounds like alot of work for twice the price. I find that ttech is very consistent. I have fou

artoftatt2
09-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Rick is a stand up guy and his work speaks for it... This will be a good addition to anyone's arsenal..

Stylus Machine
09-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Finally got some parts in!!!
I will be testing anodizing colors this whole week.
Once I get a solid decision on colors I will start assembly.
I will have 2 variations of the machine. One with give and a hard machine.
They will be named Stylus H. and Stylus S.
If you are interested in picking one of these babies up in a month or so shoot me an email @
[email protected]
I do not want to do a pre-sale on these.
I will announce to anyone who emails me on the drop date.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/shop%20ads/IMG_1968.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/shop%20ads/IMG_1967.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/shop%20ads/IMG_1966.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/shop%20ads/IMG_1965.jpg

joelhague
09-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Sick totally stoked on these rick so what do use mostly the hard or soft version and for what application

Stylus Machine
09-14-2012, 01:14 AM
i use mostly the hard version. it gives me the most versatility for doing bold fatty outlines and hard color. it can still do some smooth black and grey. but for that i use the softer one. the give gives me a better quality black and grey, but its not as great for lining. although you can still line with it.

Stylus Machine
09-16-2012, 10:08 PM
playing with some colors for the anodized finish.
i might go for a darker version of that olive green for the standard color..
i also have a few more dyes coming in the mail that look quite promising!

asA
09-16-2012, 10:10 PM
So exciting.

joelhague
09-16-2012, 11:03 PM
I think i might just have to pick up the hard amd soft versions i love t tech and this machine just makes it that much better whats the stroke like rick? Or is it adjustable

asA
09-16-2012, 11:29 PM
I think i might just have to pick up the hard amd soft versions i love t tech and this machine just makes it that much better whats the stroke like rick? Or is it adjustable
I'm thinking the same thing.... I wanna get a no give one and one with give.

Blondan
09-17-2012, 06:18 AM
I've seen some people using latex gloves to wrap their machines. Don't see why it won't work on this one. Does this machine have the option like the hawk grip to twist and get the needle out more, or is standard length?

tattoosbychriselement.com
09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
cant wait man, hopefully no flaws with this one like the marksman i had so many problems with that machine, this looks sik man i like taht u can adjust the length of the needle as well without using a allen key! it says on ttech im guessing also cheynne as well tho? or exclusivly ttech??

Stylus Machine
09-17-2012, 02:05 PM
I haven't tried the latex glove thing in the cartridge yet. but i will today.
so far no major flaws on the prototypes. and with these final versions i got most of the smaller details sorted out.
It will only run ttech cartridges.
The tension on ttech's is way less than the hawk cartridges and allows me to use a smaller lighter motor. Keeping the upper body pretty light.
i am working a different cam system for another motor that will push hawk cartridges at the moment..

the grip does screw in/out to adjust the depth of the needle.
it is a 4mm standard stroke. (thats is total stroke length, not what the needle can stick out)
This makes the Hard machine it a really good all around machine for lining/solid color to soft grey wash.
The softer version is geared more towards softer realism and soft black and grey type work.

I am excited to have this project in the final stages after almost 2 years and having countless issues with the production of it.
I feel the quality of this machine can compete with some of the big players in the game, and being a machine hoarder myself i felt the need to go for quality on this.
Thanks to everyone for interest in my machine.
Rick S.

lab rat
09-20-2012, 02:25 PM
pretty cool lookin machine...i see the quarter there next to it....what is the diameter on that thing?

Stylus Machine
09-21-2012, 11:22 PM
the upper body is 1 1/8" and the grip part tapers to 1" and then 3/4"
I have ran it for a couple 6 hr sessions and it is pretty comfortable.

Here are some colors i have been playing around with.
Some are a bit spotty, i have only about a week or so that i have been learning how to anodize aluminum.
I still have a few other colors that i want to try out.

And before i get the obvious comment, YES! i did go with the "pocket rocket" pink lol

The pink and black are the easiest.
The teal and green are proving to be the hardest to keep consistent.
I am currently waiting for bearings to start making these things run!

Here is a Facebook page I set up for Stylus Machine
https://www.facebook.com/StylusMachines

What do you guys think about these colors?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/stylus%20machines/_DSC0644_zps0d86df56.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/stylus%20machines/_DSC0643_zps20b5ea4c.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/stylus%20machines/_DSC0639_zps66178f76.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/stylus%20machines/_DSC0636_zps80a7daf2.jpg

asA
09-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Is that a dark olive?

Stylus Machine
09-22-2012, 12:42 AM
yeah, but its really hard to keep consistent on the color.
i really like it. but i have to get my mix right to keep em all the same color.

lab rat
09-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Very cool...can u tell me the diameter and weight? Any give?

joelhague
09-28-2012, 03:35 PM
The grip part is one inch tapered down to 3/4 and the rest of the frame is slightly bigger he will have a hard no give and sof model it says all this in previous posts just go back a page or two

Stylus Machine
09-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Update:
while assembling and dialing in the machines i noticed a few inconsistencies with the "soft" machine.
so for now it will be off the menu..

the "hard" machine however runs great and hits like a brick time after time.
this will be the only one out until i get the soft machine hashed out.
I made some changes to my cam system and had to get some parts machined, which of course takes time.
hopefully a week or two and it will be ready to go!

final colors will be.
Black.
Pocket rocket pink
Toxic green
and
Gold

lab rat
10-02-2012, 01:07 AM
totally wild....i heart the pink one!

are they as light as a stealth? my wrists are whacked and i prefer lighter machines now, but with the weight distributed better, it might b a game changer for me..

im guessing 5 oz.

?

Stylus Machine
10-03-2012, 12:18 AM
I have to weigh it. But it should be from 3-3.5 oz.
it has a feel to a big grip.
I had some problems with my hands also.
Its been a few years since i have had any pains unless im doing a 6-7 hr session.

Stylus Machine
10-03-2012, 08:13 PM
So here is the Stylus Machine finally!
I have 11 set up.
these are the colors for now
all hard hit. I have to work out the soft hit one.
(Weight is 4.04 Oz)

Message me @
[email protected]
or call (312)806-4342 (before 10pm)

Paypal or credit over the phone.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/shop%20ads/stylusfacebook.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/stylus%20machines/3.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/stylus%20machines/2.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/roxrx8/stylus%20machines/1.jpg

Sage Oz
10-04-2012, 04:22 AM
Price?

Stylus Machine
10-04-2012, 10:51 AM
$450 shipped within the U.S
$25 for each additional grip
Only the Hard version is available now.
I have Black, Pink and Teal.

Shawn
10-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I still want a black one and an extra grip.

Stylus Machine
10-04-2012, 12:07 PM
shoot me an email @
[email protected] and il set you up with it. i have 3 black ones left and a few grips.

grey
10-04-2012, 12:52 PM
the diameter is too thin for me.But the knurled Red Rat grips will thicken it up and give it some cushion. yeah definitely going to try this out.
-grey

pinkfro
10-04-2012, 03:11 PM
These look amazing

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ted Saddo
10-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Yes they are very cool, I love the concept they are so stream lined I want one.

Stylus Machine
10-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanx guys! i usually wrap up the grip with a towel and it build it up a bit. and it also helps with hand fatigue.

Sage Oz
10-05-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm a big fan of towels wrapped on my grips. For your machine I'd be tempted to wrap it in plastic wrap, then a towel, then some self tack medical stretch wrap for grip :)
Man these look pretty sweet, I could be tempted to try one of these though it'd be limited to just lining as I will only use my own homemade shader needles. Maybe in a few months, I gotta make some return of investment from my newly acquired squad of halos first. But one of these is on the top of my list of new machines to get. Then some Intuitions and a FK vortek or two;)

pinkfro
10-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Well I'll be waiting on the disposable grips for the t techs .. still dreaming lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

asA
10-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Got my stylus h today... Already tattooing with it. Soo far so good.

Shawn
10-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Serious! I can't wait get mine.

e_Bangs
10-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Stroke length?

asA
10-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Stroke length?
4mm stroke

e_Bangs
10-06-2012, 05:48 PM
4mm stroke

YouTube video please

johndameart
10-06-2012, 07:44 PM
I really want to get a pink one haha SOOOOOON

asA
10-06-2012, 07:48 PM
The one I got is pink and everyone is like "what's up With the dildo" hahaha

asA
10-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Im not a fan of it...looks poo!...didnt like the marksmen and im sure glad i never bought one!...ok i might be wrong but i can see it being a "promise to be great" but not worth a carrot just like the Centri was!....just my humble opinion...
If you like no give direct drive machines that use cartridges you would like this... It's pretty fun to tattoo with.

Stylus Machine
10-07-2012, 12:22 AM
This was never promissed to be the greatest machine ever, that being said i think its a worthwhile machine at a really reasonable price point.. Im sure i will find things to tweak on it in the future but it works for me. I think the work i do with it speaks for itself.

And like any machine anyone can purchase, skills are not included. :)

Im not a fan of it...looks poo!...didnt like the marksmen and im sure glad i never bought one!...ok i might be wrong but i can see it being a "promise to be great" but not worth a carrot just like the Centri was!....just my humble opinion...

joelhague
10-07-2012, 01:12 AM
im stoked on these im gunna get one when i have the extra cash, so what do you mean extra grip i didnt realise you could buy multiple figured it was somewaht attached

asA
10-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Just did a 10 hour session with my stylus.. Found the sweet spot.. This machine is fun. It's like tattooing with a marker. it's really quiet and hits a lot like the spirit just with more throw. Can't wait to try the give version.

asA
10-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Ebangs your inbox is full.

Stylus Machine
10-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Sorry i havent posted any updates, i have been crazy busy tattooing.
facebook is easiest for me to update. so check out my pages.
i should have a video of the machine up as soon a s i get a breather.

https://www.facebook.com/RickSTattoo

[email protected]

Stylus Machine
10-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Here are a couple tattoos i did with the Stylus H this past week.
I have 6 machines left. Black/Pink/Teal $450 shipped within the US
contact me directly:
(312)-806-4342
or
[email protected]

I am still looking for a reputable economic international shipper from the us.
Anyone have any suggestions?

johndameart
01-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Gonna be getting a pink one off of you soon.

johndameart
01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Trying to possibly get rid of the cheyenne spirit for money for one :)

boaz
01-03-2013, 03:42 PM
ill have one for sure!!!