PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

feedtheworm
02-03-2011, 02:18 AM
I just signed up and I know next to nothing about rotary machines.
I've been tattooing and building coil machines for about twenty years. In recent history I've realized that rotaries have come a long way and I'm getting more and more interested.
The Swash Drive was the first to peak my interest but I never got around to trying one. The Stigma Hyper also caught my attention but it always seems to be out of stock.

The Tattooed Pirate Rapier machines have recently sparked a new interest and that guy seems to be on the ball. He is answering my questions promptly and I'm getting close to trying one out. It's a big move for a 20 year Tattooer/(coil) machine builder.

I'm looking forward to hearing input from the rest of you.

Johnny

gangstajay
02-03-2011, 02:31 AM
well welcome to the show.. tattooed pirate will set you up right.. there are also alot of the builder on this site.. like the neo tat, rotary works, the bishop.. look around and be active..no one will bite you

gangstajay
02-03-2011, 02:34 AM
I checked your webb site out..nice shop and nice work .. again enjoy the site and be active

merky
02-03-2011, 03:34 AM
welcome

inked
02-03-2011, 10:22 AM
welcome abroad Johnny! feel free to post up any questions bud

The Limey
02-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the forum Johnny, feel free to post away we are a friendly bunch (well mostly LOL!) and don't bite :)

sijohnson
02-03-2011, 11:37 AM
A Up Johnny!

slicksteel
02-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi there!
True rotarys have came a long way (lots of very nice builders on here with well made machines)but coils are still cool to-just more tools to add to your box.
If you want to go light on the coil end ditch the heavy ones and check out FKI aluminums -run smooth,light and low volts.

feedtheworm
02-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks everyone.
I've made plenty of light weight machines including aluminum frames. I'm actually thinking about changing over to disposable tubes. Even my lightest coil machines would be to top heavy for them.

Administrator
02-03-2011, 05:45 PM
What brand of tubes have you tried so far?

feedtheworm
02-03-2011, 06:09 PM
What brand of tubes have you tried so far?

I haven't tried any of them yet. I looked at them years ago and the quality was crap. I've heard about a few recently that seem promising but I don't want to try them yet. I think I need to get comfortable with a lighter
machine first.

slicksteel
02-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Rapiers are very nice by the pirate and he will set the spring settings anyway ya like. He makes custom stuff to-did some for me with a good turnaround.

feedtheworm
02-03-2011, 06:48 PM
I checked your webb site out..nice shop and nice work .. again enjoy the site and be active

Thank you.

Glen-P
02-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Hello!

feedtheworm
02-07-2011, 11:38 PM
I just ordered the Rapier II. I'll be posting more once I receive it.

feedtheworm
02-28-2011, 12:23 AM
I still haven't received my machine. I hope it shows up soon because I'm becoming very anxious to try it.

tattooedpirate2
02-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Machine parts will be done any day now. I will be working night and day till all orders go out. I cancelled my tattoo conventions to fill orders. The Pirate.

feedtheworm
02-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Machine parts will be done any day now. I will be working night and day till all orders go out. I cancelled my tattoo conventions to fill orders. The Pirate.

Don't feel like you need to rush it. I just wanted to update this post because I mentioned I would review the machine once I used it.

emoneylovesyou
02-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Hey Johnny for disposable tubes try Unimax (Purple or Green Tubes) and Tat Soul and see which you like. They are the best Ive tried so far and Ive tried a lot.

feedtheworm
03-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Hey Johnny for disposable tubes try Unimax (Purple or Green Tubes) and Tat Soul and see which you like. They are the best Ive tried so far and Ive tried a lot.

Thanks. I like the look of the Unimax green liner tips. That angle is part of what I've been looking for.
I'm waiting to try disposable tubes until I get used to a lighter machine. I ordered a Rapier II about one month ago but I haven't received it yet.

Thanks for your insight.