PDA

View Full Version : rapiers....

Fergus
09-12-2012, 07:55 AM
ok,,,,I have two of these things now and im not sure how to run them,,,ive been using the silver one for shading and colouring and the black one is for lining but they seem to be the same but the silver one sounds louder than the black one,,,,i run the silver one with a nine mag mostly and needlerunner at 8 to 10 volts and it works nice i use a EIKON EMS 200 power supply,,,,just got the black one so going to test it out as a liner. stupid i know but im useless at machines so i would love some advice....if i could i would swop them for a couple of good coils machines because im not fussed on rotarys at all to be honest!!!13325

Baldrick
09-12-2012, 08:26 AM
i'll be honest, if you got those second hand then you'll not know what Cary set them up for. Cary is great at building and setting his machines exactly how there ordered - but there are different motors, strokes etc that make them do different things great - for example if you order a liner - Cary will set up the best liner ever made.

My advice is to contact Cary direct - he's the man that can sort you out.

Eturnus
09-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Their loud becuase the rubber band isnt set up right. Mine run almost as quiet as my halosmall hums with 0 duty until you touch the skin.