hi

i have a big problem with my rapier 2 liner

in the middle of a tattoo suddenly it makes a horrible noise
after a stoped and finished the tattoo with my capo
i saw the screw (on picture red arrow) was loosen and also the bearing
after trying different things it still coming loose

yesterday i put the bar (black arrow) upside down the holes on the inside
and it doesnt come loose
i have not tryed it because i dont know if its ok so?

what is wrong with my rapier
i contacted cary
hopefully he has some repair kits
if i have to send it back ist gone for a while

and sorry for my bad englisch but we are from a not englisch speaking country hahahah

slicksteel
09-13-2012, 02:09 PM
put a bit of loctite on the screw with it in the normal postion with the screw just up to the bearing and let dry-not to tight or it will not let the bearing work.

luckyyoutattoo
09-13-2012, 02:27 PM
when i turn the screw to tighten the machine wont even turn but when i keep it a little loosen there is a gap... so the bar can move up and down.... is that normal by a rapier
when i look at my capo or dragonfly everything is very tighten no gaps or pieces that are loosen...... i will try the loctide thanks for that

slicksteel
09-13-2012, 02:51 PM
you screw it til it just touchs-but i sure cary will get back with you asap.maybe a bad bearing?

Eturnus
09-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Video??

luckyyoutattoo
09-17-2012, 11:04 AM
cary is going to send some spare parts to germany good service
hopefully the rapier is than ok again

jboo75
09-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah he is a stand up guy for sure and backs his product. I had the same problem with mine and he helped me solve it as well.

smiley
09-17-2012, 02:11 PM
cary is going to send some spare parts to germany good service
hopefully the rapier is than ok again
i had a prob w my raipier2 when i changed the stroke it quit stopping upright and started to make noise, i assumed it was the bearing, and contacted cary and i was told there were no more spare parts for these machines, so i sent him the machine to be repaired and he sent it back to me still broke ,so i think there are some things on these machines that cannot be fixed or he no longer carries the parts for.hopefully urs can be fixed,i know ur pain,it sucks when u spend that kind of money and the product breaks.thankfully this is the only machine ive had trouble with,on a good note, when it was running, it was the best liner i ever used next to my nicks and my aaron cains.

luckyyoutattoo
10-12-2012, 06:07 AM
i am very happy
today the repair kit from cary arrived
after replacing the bearings my rapier is agian like new

i think it was a bad bearing
but i am happy again that its humming again

thnx for the replys and thnx cary for the help and services