PDA

View Full Version : nicks rotary direct drive

bluerocker
09-14-2012, 03:42 AM
hey guys, thought id do a little write up on the dealings with nick and the custom machine he made me.

i contacted nick not 2 weeks ago, inquiring on a custom direct drive machine as im digging the dd's at the moment. The only things i said i would like is a big cam wheel, two toned blue frame and somewhere on the machine my nickname rocker.

nick got back to me almost straight away and said no problems there it can all be done and would take a couple of days to build the machine. clearly no problems there at all!!

true to his word 2 days later i recieve a message from nick saying the machine was finished and would send me pictures that evening. Again that evening the pictures of my new machine were on my computer screen in nicks unique way ( 3 way angle shots) and i was amazed at how it looked, it was exactly how i wanted it, not a thing i would have changed and over the moon with it.

I'd say 10 mins after the pics were sent nick messaged again saying he would post it first thing in the morning 1st class recorded delivery. The next morning i check my messages and theres the tracking number with estimated delivery time.

Yesterday morning mid way through my morning appointment, the mail comes in.... it was time for a quick smoke anyway http://www.rotarytattoo.com/images/icons/icon12.png so....i open the well packaged and secure parcel from nick and i can only describe it as the seen outta pulp fiction when john travolta opens the case and the golden glow lights up his face lol.
it was small, smaller than what i thought it would be, solid, a good weight not to heavy or light, the paint job was smooth and finished expertly, easily cleanable, the vice was smooth no rough edges or chips, i mean this guy went to every measure to ensure quality throughout, even the soldering was perfect!

well i had to try it, so loaded it up, bagged it etc, ran a 7mag for a lil bit of colour and i had to look at the machine to see if it was running cos i mean this thing is quiet. I had i around 4.2v for a steady packing and well....pouring the ink on his skin would have been harder than using this lil beast. easiset machine to use, this whip shades awesome and ya want a single pass bold even line.....try a dd cos i wont be lining with anything else from now on, and i was always told 'no no ya cant line with that think of the side wobble'....in a word....bollox, this thing is all the machines one would need, no give, great power range, quiet and as smooth as Egyptian silk.

If ya havent had the absoloute pleasure of dealing with nick, i would recommend this guy to every tattoist out there, professional, polite, a hell of a builder and true asset to the industry.

cheers nick, A*

NickTattoo
09-14-2012, 04:42 AM
thanks for your honest review .. and i am glad that you like the machine ...

Wonderland
09-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Nick sure does make an awesome machine. I use mine quite a lot.

skinmech
09-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Both of my Nicks are in the top drawer....Great review...

asA
09-14-2012, 10:32 AM
I'll agree nicks machines are great and he is an amazing guy to deal with for sure.

NickTattoo
09-14-2012, 11:33 AM
thank you guys .. so i finaly decided to go ahead and make me a website ... www.Nickstattoomachines.com .. still working on it :) but its up and running ..

Wonderland
09-14-2012, 03:50 PM
thank you guys .. so i finaly decided to go ahead and make me a website ... www.Nickstattoomachines.com (http://www.Nickstattoomachines.com) .. still working on it :) but its up and running ..

it is cool im happy you got a website :)

daibead
11-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Just got my custom built direct drive today, have to agree with bluerocker, beast of a machine considering its size and so quiet. Just the right weight as was said not to heavy or light. Nick a fantastic guy to deal with and couldnt be more helpful.