PDA

View Full Version : Roy richardson dd

(Opted Out)
09-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Where can you buy roy richardson direct drives?.. Cheers

slicksteel
09-18-2012, 01:18 PM
They are very nice well made builds -wish I had not sold mine as I had heard all the bs that you cant line & shade with mags with them as they are only good for rounds and was in a quest to try new shit so sold it before trying it out with those, lol.
Direct drives can do it all I have learned and are some of my fav machines out there!Just make sure you use a large thick Oring not rubber bands.
here is his facebook
https://www.facebook.com/roy.richardson.165

(Opted Out)
09-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks slicksteel

Ofeloner
12-06-2014, 04:47 AM
They are very nice well made builds -wish I had not sold mine as I had heard all the bs that you cant line & shade with mags with them as they are only good for rounds and was in a quest to try new shit so sold it before trying it out with those, lol.
Direct drives can do it all I have learned and are some of my fav machines out there!Just make sure you use a large thick Oring not rubber bands.
here is his facebook
https://www.facebook.com/roy.richardson.165

Do you know what size O-ring to use,?. Or where to get them?.

peter clements
12-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Do you know what size O-ring to use,?. Or where to get them?.

"Needlerunners" are far better for this type of machine, that O ring scenario is a malarky, if you don't get it exactly right you'll have it spitting everywhere.

skullsugar@lucky13
12-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Do you put the needlerunner right far up the bar towards the solder?...

skullsugar@lucky13
12-14-2014, 11:23 AM
I just got a roy richardson the other day..

peter clements
12-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Do you put the needlerunner right far up the bar towards the solder?...

About halfway between needle group and eyelet, you can experiment of course. Make sure the needlerunner is attached properly, the groove that clicks onto the bar should always face the back of the tube. Now that you have a RR let us know how you go on.