PDA

View Full Version : i need some neuma help.

eric03
09-18-2012, 08:18 PM
ok so, i purchased a neuma hybrid w/ the electric module from ebay a while back. i originally just wanted it from a collectors standpoint but figured i might as well use it as well. the thing is, when i use it, it seems like my power unit(critical) needs to b turned up a lot. i had read on here that most ppl recommended to do so when ppl shared similar problems. aside from this, when i do run it, it works ok for a lil bit, n then sounds like nails on a chalkboard. this is where my question comes in. i opened it up, cleaned everything n considering that there are no parts really, it leads me to think its the bearing. so does n e one know where i can purchase these bearings to see if that will fix my problem. n e info would b really helpful.thanks.

Stripe
09-19-2012, 02:55 AM
I used the Neuma Hybrids for several years. They can be a little tricky to get tuened in just right, like most any rotary.
I would start by oiling the bearings, just a drop on each. Just a touch of oil on the slide too. I put a dot on the metal and wipe it smooth with a towel. I found it worked best with no other oil except the bearings and the slide. I also only did that every 3-4 months or as needed.
If that doesn't work, I read on here that you can get the bearings at a hobby shop. You can even get upgrade bearings too it said.
I only used the electric thing once and wanted to pitch it in the trash. It does need to be cranked way up, I think it was 12 or 15v. They ran like a dream on air, but the noise drove me and my co-workers nuts.