PDA

View Full Version : Recieved these yesterday...Ego from Bez

elbo
09-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Had a go at lining and shading with them....i like them alot....Will post more info after ive used them a bit more!

Wonderland
09-23-2012, 01:02 PM
looking forward to reading your thoughts on this machine.

wildboy
09-23-2012, 01:24 PM
How is the tube vice? How do you like the RCA facing away compared to the Rapier?

elbo
09-23-2012, 01:46 PM
No problems with the tube vice as yet!. And the position of the rca feels great...it feels a bit like a neuma in the hand only a lot lighter...especially with a nylon grip...Ive only used them for 1 day but really enjoyed them....Got lots of experimenting to do with the colour give inserts but used yellow(the softest) for shading and tried green and red for lining...its early days but im liking them ...

No Iron Machines
09-24-2012, 02:23 PM
hey ELBO, this machine have STY UP SPRING ? the needles always stop inside the tube or not ????

Administrator
09-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Based on the ergonomics of this machine I would suspect former Neuma users would be right at home with this.

Richard Peel
09-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Gave my ego a whirl today, 11 mag running at 9 volts with black rubber nearer vice and yellow at top. Put in some really nice grey shade blends, will try a few more setups and post my prefered.

To No Irons the machine must have somesort of return spring as it always seems to return so needles are in the tube at rest.

Stripe
09-24-2012, 05:47 PM
I got to say that I have been looking forward to these reviews. Mainly because of the RCA position. I miss the way the tube went up on my Neumas was. I even use 90deg adapters on some setups because of it. Then there is my Centri, it goes up just like it should... Can't wait to see and hear more about these.

elbo
09-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Well got to say its the most comfortable machine ive ever used...lightest out there and i love the rca running straight from the top...Been doing some lining with it and its working a treat pushing 9's...will get to use some other groupings during the week....Still a fan of the yellow inserts for everything but lining...Ive tried 3 different inserts for lining and ive been happy with the lining with all 3 colours....So far its working a treat.

elbo
09-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Yep...another few hours done lining with it and its loosened up a bit and lines effortlessly....top performance!

Baldrick
09-26-2012, 02:53 PM
My co worker has his a few days too, but isn't getting to grips with it yet for lining - it doesn't help that there is no paperwork explaining what colour wedges are harder or softer - yeah sure you can spend some time "squeezing" them but surely some info would be good.
I was having a good look at it, it's a nicely moulded piece, light ( maybe a little too light for me - big stainless grip then ) runs well too - will have to 'borrow' it soon ;)

Only other gripe - the vice ! Surely a nut pressed into a hexagonal hole in the mould would stop the whole screw turning when tightening the vice - not even holding the screw head with your fingertip stops it turning.

Only a small but important part of a machine.

elbo
09-26-2012, 03:03 PM
My co worker has his a few days too, but isn't getting to grips with it yet for lining - it doesn't help that there is no paperwork explaining what colour wedges are harder or softer - yeah sure you can spend some time "squeezing" them but surely some info would be good.
I was having a good look at it, it's a nicely moulded piece, light ( maybe a little too light for me - big stainless grip then ) runs well too - will have to 'borrow' it soon ;)

Only other gripe - the vice ! Surely a nut pressed into a hexagonal hole in the mould would stop the whole screw turning when tightening the vice - not even holding the screw head with your fingertip stops it turning.

Only a small but important part of a machine.

I printed off the colour chart from team ego tattoo website...got it stuck to my station wall...i press my finger in the recess and tighten vice srew...tightens it up nicely...even though you can feel screw head turning...

asA
09-26-2012, 03:08 PM
I printed off the colour chart from team ego tattoo website...got it stuck to my station wall...i press my finger in the recess and tighten vice srew...tightens it up nicely...even though you can feel screw head turning...
Weird.. Why wouldn't you use the colors like the rainbow... Instead of a random color order.

Baldrick
09-26-2012, 03:57 PM

I don't think he's seen that chart so ill let him know - but why not put that in the box ?

As for the vice - my big fingers won't go in the hole ;)

elbo
09-26-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't think he's seen that chart so ill let him know - but why not put that in the box ?

As for the vice - my big fingers won't go in the hole ;)

Yeh i think they made a fuck up with forgetting the instructions! But im told they are sorting it and will be sending them out.

brendamkelly
10-01-2012, 06:57 AM
I have 3 egos before they were released and love them for every style of tattooing.. The vise is no biggie for me .. Just hold my finger on the screw head and tighten down on the knob.. I have a slower hand speed .. So the combos I use are yellow/yellow and yellow/green... I am one of the original N2 users so I was delighted to try them out.. I lived the N2's , but hated the compressor !! And travelling with it was a pain...
The Ego is very light weight, easy to tattoo with.. Price is spot on .. And less fatigue on my little hands ..
The problems that ppl listed above are indeed minor & a simple email or call to the Ego team can resolve these tiny issues ;)

brendamkelly
10-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Loved not lived !!! Dam iPhone

elbo
10-01-2012, 07:20 AM
I have 3 egos before they were released and love them for every style of tattooing.. The vise is no biggie for me .. Just hold my finger on the screw head and tighten down on the knob.. I have a slower hand speed .. So the combos I use are yellow/yellow and yellow/green... I am one of the original N2 users so I was delighted to try them out.. I lived the N2's , but hated the compressor !! And travelling with it was a pain...
The Ego is very light weight, easy to tattoo with.. Price is spot on .. And less fatigue on my little hands ..
The problems that ppl listed above are indeed minor & a simple email or call to the Ego team can resolve these tiny issues ;)

Im loving them Brendom....awesome machines...ive not tried them yet with colour inserts on the bottom!...only used black on bottom....What do you use for lining?..

bluerocker
10-01-2012, 07:26 AM
i checked them out at the london convention, i really like them for first impressions....ill add it to the ever growing list

Blondan
10-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Yeah, the pink one from killer ink. I wish I've met more guys from the forum. I've had a drink with Roman from HM, also met Franco Vescovi, (both really down to earth guys, got free t-shirts from both:) ). At the seminar I've got to know Hewy (hellraiser6662) and Mark (SinnersInk), really nice guys. I had really good time past week. Is good to put a face next to the names we see here every day.

bluerocker
10-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Yeah me too mate chances are many of us walked past each other and bump shoulders and didn't realise lol, but yeah the pink one mate looks hot, could have spent a fortune there !!

hellraiser6662
10-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Yep a week to remember I must say. A turning point perhaps

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

brendamkelly
10-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Im loving them Brendom....awesome machines...ive not tried them yet with colour inserts on the bottom!...only used black on bottom....What do you use for lining?..i use green on the bottom and yellow on the top..but of course everyone likes different machine settings..and what suits me may not for others :))

elbo
10-01-2012, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=brendamkelly;57141]i use green on the bottom and yellow on the top..but of course everyone likes different machine settings..and what suits me may not for others :))[/QUOTE

Cheers Brendam

ha ha i had only seen pics with a black insert on the bottom so presumed(DOH!) that black stayed on the bottom...Bloody hell more combinations...this is going to be fun!

Sinnersink
10-02-2012, 05:42 AM
It was a real pleasure meeting u and Hevy aswell Blondan, anybody visits london they should visit Blondan. Great guy! and what a nice seminar bro.

Blondan
10-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Yep, I second that (the seminar), money well spent.

jusseppe
10-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Hi, I just got my ego yesterday, can anybody tell me working voltages?

JohnnyChaos
10-15-2012, 05:42 AM
I've just picked two up from killerink. Purple and Black. Couldn't resist.
I've heard people run them between 5-10v but not sure.
There's surprisingly little info and specs about them, but looking forward to trying them.

Vinoshitto
10-28-2012, 06:20 AM
I really start to think that maybe I should buy one or two of these..

But first I would like your over all opinion on the machine.. Now that you all been trying them for some time, what do you think of them? Pros and Cons.

wildboy
10-28-2012, 04:45 PM
I was wondering if someone of you lucky Ego owners could post a vid of the machine running? Im wondering about the noise factor...

vodu
10-30-2012, 02:05 AM
Yeah.... I'd like to see some videos too

Sent by the Devil using a vessel, one galaxy S2 and tapatalk 2

FRANCO VESCOVI
10-30-2012, 03:57 AM
Yeah, the pink one from killer ink. I wish I've met more guys from the forum. I've had a drink with Roman from HM, also met Franco Vescovi, (both really down to earth guys, got free t-shirts from both:) ). At the seminar I've got to know Hewy (hellraiser6662) and Mark (SinnersInk), really nice guys. I had really good time past week. Is good to put a face next to the names we see here every day.

was good to meet you also.See you next year!

Alex Rios
01-13-2013, 01:32 PM
so how is this machine..I still use my neumas and I really wanna get a few of these
can someone post a video of them running or using them

thanks
Alex

tattoosbymikemiller
01-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Has anyone done much black and grey with it? I just put in an order I wonder how many hundred of years it's going to take to get to canada

vsprotoss
01-25-2013, 04:23 AM
These machines look really interesting. I like the uniqueness but hopefully i can get over the plastic material in them! would love to hear even more reviews before taking the plunge!

JohnnyChaos
01-25-2013, 05:44 AM
I sold mine on after using them once. They ran ok, but really noisy with loads of vibration. I mainly use disposable tubes so obviously if you're using SS the vibration will be ok. My studio owner loves his for lining, but he uses SS.

The Limey
01-25-2013, 06:01 AM
I sold mine on after using them once. They ran ok, but really noisy with loads of vibration. I mainly use disposable tubes so obviously if you're using SS the vibration will be ok. My studio owner loves his for lining, but he uses SS.

I wonder if that's partly why Bez also makes these funky Biogrips?

Barren
01-26-2013, 12:54 PM
i have just been bought one as a bday present by my studio owner, will run it for a little while and let you all know what i think

Patrick
01-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Could someone please post a video of theirs running? I'm really interested in one. But I've heard a few comments about the noise and would like to see it in action. Thanks.

daibead
02-06-2013, 06:58 AM
this is not it running but a promo video that was put up recently on internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3zGsRVDqT0