PDA

View Full Version : Done this today

Mozzer337
09-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Please be gentle.I know there is massive room for improvement, but portraits are still a real learning curve for me, which my customer understands. Even I can see where I could have improved this piece, but onwards and upwards. Sorry for the poor photo.

Took 3 and half hours. Used a Brass Rotary Works, 11 curved mag. And a brand new Dan Kubin MD with a 9 mag.

Thanks forlooking.

artoftatt2
09-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Set up an extra cap of every pigment and go from your darker with a full load into your medium and so forth...

Tullin
09-27-2012, 07:53 PM
for once this is a portrait that is very "clean" looking when personally I think he should be a bit messier. usually it's the other way around. but definetly a good start.

Mozzer337
09-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks a lot for the feedback. The blends do seem a little 'non existent' but that was partly on purpose. Due to him having white make up on, I looked at the face as having less depth and contour. In hindsight it does make it look a little flat, especially on the white side.

Great advice.
Thanks.

smiley
09-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks a lot for the feedback. The blends do seem a little 'non existent' but that was partly on purpose. Due to him having white make up on, I looked at the face as having less depth and contour. In hindsight it does make it look a little flat, especially on the white side.

Great advice.
Thanks.your right my friend more blending,nevermind the white in the photo sometimes w pices like this you have to stray away from the photo a bit and blend what looks appealing to the eye.imo.thanks...smiley

Mozzer337
09-28-2012, 05:04 PM
I totally agree smiley. The original photo looks like hes got paint on his face with no obvious transitions and I fell into the trap of trying to portray the photo too much.

casey
09-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Lee mate you are a fucking star! Ive watched your progress over the last couple of years bud and what can i say?? always humble and always seeking and taking crit whether its good or bad ...and then going away and USING that advice . Top man. Shall try and make the time to shake your hand this year buddy!! Did call at your studio last xmas but you were having a lazy one:)

Mozzer337
09-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Great to hear from you Paul and thanks for the praise, (im blushing now :o) Really sorry I missed you mate. Would love to have a chat in person. One day mate.

nivek
09-28-2012, 10:27 PM
better than i could do, but some nice 1/2 blends would make that smooth as hell ! Looks good !

Bishopbyname
09-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Nicely done, the thing that draws my eye first is that the hair looks too neat. Almost like he's got fluorescent green string in his hair. Look at shadowing white areas with blueygrey or very pale purple to achieve depth. I'm no colour portrait expert though.