PDA

View Full Version : Help

vito
10-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Can anyone give some info on this machine? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=200824738217&index=24&nav=SEARCH&nid=77112620727

asA
10-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Looks like a knock off of an hm evolution.

vito
10-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Can you tell anything about motor by looks?

urban tribe
10-01-2012, 12:50 PM
yes it s a chinese knock off of the HM evolution.....if you are interested for the real HM evolution i have one for sale

acink
10-01-2012, 12:54 PM
KNOCK OFF loads of this crap up for sale just like this from china spend your money wisely and buy of a reputably machine maker and u wont have any probs and will be money well spent and at least u will now whats what with a reputable machine and also look at his other itmes all KNOCK OFFS so that says it all

Administrator
10-01-2012, 12:54 PM
This is a cheap knock off of the Evolution. These have been floating around ebay for the last little while. Without pulling a motor out and reading the manufacturer as well as the product code on it there is no way to tell specifically what it is. I can tell you this, this is not the same motor Roman uses in his machines. If you make the investment and you are lucky it will run well enough for it to pay for its self. If the machine shits the bed shortly after you order it you will receive no support from the manufacturer of this machine cause they simply dont care.

asA
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Can't tell much from photos because most the time you aren't buying the machine in the picture. You are buying some variation of the knock off, could be the knock off knock off version you get instead.... You should really just buy the real thing. This might run ok, but not like the original.

slicksteel
10-01-2012, 01:11 PM
cheap overpriced counterfeit of a HM-these usally go for 50 bucks all over ebay-look at the cheap molding they did not even clean off the flash around the motor area.Also look at the backspring it shimed up to make it even with the front crank arm.

wildboy
10-01-2012, 01:12 PM
wtf?

amishpower
10-01-2012, 06:44 PM
probably not a great way to jump from lurker to first ever post by admitting this, but i actually bought one of these when they first popped up...(too many kids lol and single income family means no machine budget whatsoever, and it is a knock off of a machine that ive wanted more than any others, the evo that roman makes. so, the "buy it now " button was hit...a real man admits his mistakes , right? )

its crap-tastic. off dimension badly so its shimmed, but still so terrible that you have to back up tubes flush up to the tube vise. and its made outta i think some kind of zinc alloy, def not aluminum. once disassembled, the frame is so light and flimsy it can be destroyed with nothing more than your own two hands, dont even have to throw it at something, lol...its fate was sealed