PDA

View Full Version : Nedz Old School Irons

Nedz
10-02-2012, 01:12 PM

Hope you like these available from today through the forum but not on the web site as yet.

Denner
10-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Super nice, would love to know what motor used and the weight of the machines :-)

skinmech
10-02-2012, 01:34 PM
That One Penny looks fukn A+.....Does the £159 inc postage...I might be hitting you up laters...P.

slicksteel
10-02-2012, 01:46 PM
sweet a nice rotary with a bit of weight!! very cool

Nedz
10-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Postage is £7.95 UK £15 Europe and USA.

Same motor as Roy Richardson uses for his machines.

I will weigh them tomorrow and post it up for you but they are not any heavier then a standard coil machine.

vito
10-02-2012, 06:45 PM
That penny machine is amazing. What is total cost in US Dollars and I am gonna need to sell some things to try and buy one, so is ther a limited quantity? Cuase it might be a few weeks before I can come up with cash.

directDRIVE
10-09-2012, 04:10 AM
These both look really nice

The first looks a bit too close to Roys, but still very cool (I knew I should have used those wing nuts I've had in my parts bin!!)

My only question is why do you charge more than what the actual postage costs?

This may seem petty, but is a real bugbear

wildboy
10-09-2012, 05:02 AM
Any news on the weight of the machines? Does the copper jacket come with an adjustable stroke or options between 3.5-5mm?

wildboy
10-09-2012, 05:09 AM
My only question is why do you charge more than what the actual postage costs?

Maybe its for shipping AND handling? You have to add some money for the package the tape etc also... It takes time to ship out something as well and we all know time is money ;-)

directDRIVE
10-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Maybe its for shipping AND handling? You have to add some money for the package the tape etc also... It takes time to ship out something as well and we all know time is money ;-)

Maybe so, like I said it's just a little gripe of mine - If somebody buys a machine from me, they pay for the postage, not the postage plus a percentage to cover my petrol money, some sticky tape, the ink from the biro I used to write out the address (ok, that's being a little childish ;)) etc. etc.

If you are geared up for selling a product then time, packaging materials etc. should all be factored into your initial costing - postage is the price it costs to get it to where it needs to go

Mark5
10-09-2012, 11:25 AM
To ship one to me is £2.50 more than what you would charge...and £ 1.25 more than you if I still lived in London, I aint got a problem with that.

serial1313
10-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Maybe so, like I said it's just a little gripe of mine - If somebody buys a machine from me, they pay for the postage, not the postage plus a percentage to cover my petrol money, some sticky tape, the ink from the biro I used to write out the address (ok, that's being a little childish ;)) etc. etc.

If you are geared up for selling a product then time, packaging materials etc. should all be factored into your initial costing - postage is the price it costs to get it to where it needs to go This is a thread where someone is trying to introduce some machines that he has for sale. Unless you plan on buying one from him, why do you care what he charges for shipping? I am sure that he is very versed in shipping packages all over the world, therefore having a very good clue as to how much it costs to package & ship a machine. If he works the shipping & handling into the price of the machine, what difference does it make? You still have to pay for it.
Overall you are talking about maybe a 2pound difference between what the two of you are charging for shipping. If you have a problem coming up w/ 2 ponds or so, this is the wrong forum for you. Things can get pretty expensive around here.

Nedz
10-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I charge £7.95 this covers the cost sending the machine special delivery and I dont set the price the post office does but its been a long time since I actually went myself my assistant does it for me.

Its not like I am charging £107.95 for the machine then charging you £59 for the postage that would be taking the piss.

Nedz
10-09-2012, 02:59 PM
I am at Doncaster this weekend so if anyone wants to drive there and get one they are welcome but sorry I cant pay for their petrol or their ticket into the convention.

slicksteel
10-09-2012, 03:14 PM
The facts is directDrive it does cost a bit of money for packing supplies such as tape,boxs, bubblewrap, printed labels etc. And it does cost time and money to get it to you by packing it your shelf or paying someone. I think all the builders on here have been charging a fair price. now if they were charging and extra 10-15 bucks that would be different but a few bucks just covers the shipping supply, its not like they are making a profit off that.

tugg
10-09-2012, 04:36 PM
I am at Doncaster this weekend so if anyone wants to drive there and get one they are welcome but sorry I cant pay for their petrol or their ticket into the convention.
couldn't you pick me up on the way?:confused:;)

directDRIVE
10-11-2012, 11:30 AM
OK, ok! all good points well taken I didn't mean to rattle any cages, it was a genuine question and i assure that it wasn't meant to flame.

It wasn't about the extra pound or so on top of the post office charge of £6.35, it was just the principle

All I'm saying is People like to rant about "respect for the industry...blah blah blah" "not in it for the money... blah blah" - myself included - so when I see a seemingly stand up guy, selling what looks like a great machine at a great price, I ask myself "so why the extra on postage?" that is all

note* I'm very aware of the cost of things serial1313, remember when I sold you your machine? you paid a fair price for the machine and the postage price for the postage - had i known you had deep "expensive forum" pockets I might have been tempted to add a few quid ;););) <~ of course I'm joking, and as this good man's thread is being hijacked (Sorry Ned) I'll make my apologies and say no more about it

*edited as something strange happened with the font :)