PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my new rotary Works machine

devans
10-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Received mi new RotaryWorks today (thanks Bluerocker) :) . But my problem is it chews mi needle gromits up within about 5 mins ?????? . It just rubs against the back plate and . . . . . . rubber everywhere :( . is their anything i should do to stop this folks ? All advice will be very welcome :)

PS,,,,,,it also ate through mi rubber band

bluerocker
10-03-2012, 11:23 AM
just messaged ya mate

devans
10-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Got them mate, Thanks bud.

bluerocker
10-03-2012, 11:37 AM
anything for me ol devs :)

MAD DOG
10-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I use medium round steel bolt shims behind the gromet . They are thinner than washers but work well . Dont use the thin because they are to thin and washers are to thick . I own many rotary works and love using them ., and am going to buy much more . Sorry dale i have finished the monster collection yet but i will soon been busy these days ....but hey bro you make a great machine !!! Thanks

devans
10-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Medium round steel shims ??? where from mate. Also i found if i bend the needle i cant seem to pick ink up into the tip................anyone els had this ?

acink
10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Hi Devans mate i think that was my old machine if u got it off blue mate i use to put the gromit on with a bit of vasaline but dont push it the hole way to the back and if u do a search hear on the site mate there is a few diffo ways to put your elastics on that will help without them braking if u have any questions mate just drop me a pm

devans
10-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeh,,,,, off blue lol. Im searching for stuff on the elastic bands,,,,,, but i cant find em mate :( thanks ever so much for offering help though :) (god knows i need it :) ) I love it for linning though (jus these few niggles).

casey
10-07-2012, 06:38 PM
4mm fiber washer from fleabay Devs that will sort you disintegrating grommets and position your elastic bands so the "crank" doesnt touch them whilst machine is running, this is the reason they snap bud

devans
10-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Thanks casey..... yeh the crank touches lol.

rotaryworks
10-08-2012, 02:47 PM
hello the grommet is a pain in my arse ...i never used grommets so did not design the machine to use on i,ve always used kitchen towel use one throw away and its always on my station no extra cost on grommets plus it does give the machine a bit of cushioning as well just rip a bit fold it twice job done ..........the elastic band if you get a very fine bit of sand paper rub the edge of the frame both sides it will stop the snapping its just the frame has sharp edges i do miss a few sometimes ........hope this helps ....

devans
10-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Helps loads, thanks very much Dale.