PDA

View Full Version : Hawk/cx2

Assassin Rich
10-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone. Im using my hawk spirit for realism work black and grey i want it super smooth. I been trying to run slow at about 6 v and then kinda washing over at the end at 10v. Should i try maybe less needle depth and a higher voltage to get smooth black and grey? Im using the cx2 power supply. What have you noticed to work best?

Tkocevar1
10-03-2012, 07:14 PM
I usually run mine between 10-11v dime worth of needle and work fast. I got the o.g. Hawk dunno if that matters much. 6v seems really slow to do bng

Blondan
10-03-2012, 07:23 PM
When I want smooth B&g I work with the needle more inside of the tube and rest the tube on the skin. I normally work around 10v but if I want to work faster increase the voltage and hand speed and also use water to even up the shading. This is what works for me. Be really careful with needle depth. That machine has no give and the needles are quite sharp, so they can overwork the skin really easy if you don't know what you're doing. Hope it solves your problem. Also depends what technique you're using (cross hatching, or go in circles clockwise and counterclockwise)