PDA

View Full Version : just joined

feargald
02-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Hello, from Cork Ireland, just joined, been using a rotary for shading and colour a lot lately, so I'm just on here trying to find out a little more about them,
I work at
www.tattoozoo.ie, I'm Feargal.

slicksteel
02-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi there!

Administrator
02-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Welcome! how did you find out about the site?

Glen-P
02-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Hey Feargal! It's Glen. Just talked to you a couple weeks ago! How things going dude? Hope all's well!
Talk soon!

Alie K
02-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi Feargal! Thanks for checking us out! Please feel free to start new threads if you don't find the answers to your questions in 'search'!

feargald
02-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome,
Glen I meant to e-mail you , what a coincidence, the boss is grand, so I'll need to get on to you to iron out details.
I found the site while looking into rotaries, I've been using one a lot lately and I've been looking into finding out a little more about them. I used them years ago, but I'm a lot more familiar with coils. I just found the forum on goolge.

The Limey
02-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the forum Feargal, which rotary are you using?

feargald
02-10-2011, 04:48 PM
I've been using one from Mike Metaxa at http://www.premadetattooneedles.com/. I've been using the needles for a while now, and I'd know Mike from hanging around on other forums, so he was my first stop when looking to get into the rotaries.
The rotary I had years ago came from an old London shop where my boss used to work in the 80's. and I loved it but it wore out. A lot of the rotarys I saw since then seemed to be cheap junk. Mike's were the first I found that looked well made. I have 2 of them.

inked
02-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Mike carries some good rotaries, and i believe hes one of the earlier rotary users ive known back in the early days where peeps are crazy over HANDMADE coils machine, but often he post up his work with rotary machines, its always so clean and nice. then everyone at todd halvathy forum will be awe and wonder how he ever did it with rotaries.my mate got some sample packs needles from him and the bug pins are fantastic to use, thats what i remember :) anyway , welcome abroad!!

Administrator
02-10-2011, 05:06 PM
I've been using one from Mike Metaxa at http://www.premadetattooneedles.com/. I've been using the needles for a while now, and I'd know Mike from hanging around on other forums, so he was my first stop when looking to get into the rotaries.
The rotary I had years ago came from an old London shop where my boss used to work in the 80's. and I loved it but it wore out. A lot of the rotarys I saw since then seemed to be cheap junk. Mike's were the first I found that looked well made. I have 2 of them.

Mike is on the forum as well. I think his user name is INKvisitor?

feargald
02-11-2011, 12:38 PM
That'd be him alright. I feel right at home now.