PDA

View Full Version : Stealth vs The Original Swiss Machine

slicksteel
02-09-2011, 04:38 PM
compering the two the swiss front bars are shorter n thicker,front bearing cam is shorter with better bearing but has the longer offset stoke length,front chuck slider is longer with big better made thumb-nut putting weight forward,front sway bar is made smoother & lighter,back is solid with clipcord posts mounted on frame not on plastic.overall fit and finish on swiss is better and of course its got the maxon motor! much quiter and more smooth with torque. All thoe i think the stealh is a pretty good machine for 50 bucks!

Alie K
02-10-2011, 01:34 AM
One day when I was using a Stealth, I noticed that my needle was sitting funny in the tube. Upon closer inspection, I saw that the base plate (connected to the vice grip) had bent! I went to bend it straight, and was a little surprised at how malleable (sp?) the metal was. I'm sure the Swiss is much more rugged. (and maybe has a little skin-scribe that pops out the back of it?... and a pair of mini scissors for trimming stencils?... and a small plastic stick for stirring crusty ink?...)

slicksteel
02-10-2011, 01:54 AM
The swiss runs slow and with torque and longer stoke-but no chatter

peter clements
02-10-2011, 05:28 AM
The Swiss looks deffinitly well made, I'd really like to try one and compare it to the Pete Tiegs.

kevfink
02-10-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm sure the Swiss is much more rugged. (and maybe has a little skin-scribe that pops out the back of it?... and a pair of mini scissors for trimming stencils?... and a small plastic stick for stirring crusty ink?...) Love the Swiss Army Knife reference Alie, lol! Classic

The Limey
02-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Love the Swiss Army Knife reference Alie, lol! Classic

Haha you beat me to it!

Thanks for the review Michael, I really like my Tieg a lot and reading this makes me want to try the Swiss as it sounds like it will perform in similar way!

fkirons
02-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Straight up copycat. No further comments.