PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Lollis Rotary Machine

e.lollis
10-18-2012, 08:55 AM
14063Stock model. Revamped a bit. Now smaller, thinner, shorter, and lighter. Reworked the needle retainer so it will raise higher, giving you more room to load the machine. Also, redesigned the needle retraction approach to simplify the design. Swiss motors on all models. Starting at $400.

asA
10-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Looks good man.

Wonderland
10-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Very nice. I really like the refinements you have made.

Tullin
10-18-2012, 11:06 AM
what is the function of the black backplate? I'm confused.

Wonderland
10-18-2012, 11:26 AM
what is the function of the black backplate? I'm confused.

It is what pushes the armature.

Sage Oz
10-18-2012, 01:46 PM
I really like it ;) A bit tapped on funds for the moment, but I'd definately pick one up if I wasn't...

skinmech
10-18-2012, 01:58 PM
The Nipple Bar (possibly the pic) does not line up with the vice tube , and is short by a distance, is the purpose of the backplate to push the Nipple Bar forward??????

e.lollis
10-19-2012, 08:56 AM
The Nipple Bar (possibly the pic) does not line up with the vice tube , and is short by a distance, is the purpose of the backplate to push the Nipple Bar forward??????

The top of the armature is about .5mm higher than the center point of the vice hole. Purposely done so once tension is added on to the needle bar by the needle retainer, the needle bar will actually line up perfectly in the middle of the tube. If the amature lined up perfectly with the vice hole before tension to the needle bar is added, then once it is added, the needle bar would misalign, being under the center point in the tube.
In the picture, the armature is in retraction, which is forced by the spring between the armature and the rear of the frame. Once powered, the black driver bar pushes the armature, which forces the needle pin forward. Then, the motor pulls the drive bar, which pulls the the armature, forcing it into retraction, completing the rotation cycle. At any point, if the machine is powered off, the retraction spring forces the armature into retraction so your machine doesn't stop, ending with the needle sticking out of the tube tip. Hope this answers your question.

skinmech
10-19-2012, 10:59 AM

The top of the armature is about .5mm higher than the center point of the vice hole. Purposely done so once tension is added on to the needle bar by the needle retainer, the needle bar will actually line up perfectly in the middle of the tube. If the amature lined up perfectly with the vice hole before tension to the needle bar is added, then once it is added, the needle bar would misalign, being under the center point in the tube.
In the picture, the armature is in retraction, which is forced by the spring between the armature and the rear of the frame. Once powered, the black driver bar pushes the armature, which forces the needle pin forward. Then, the motor pulls the drive bar, which pulls the the armature, forcing it into retraction, completing the rotation cycle. At any point, if the machine is powered off, the retraction spring forces the armature into retraction so your machine doesn't stop, ending with the needle sticking out of the tube tip. Hope this answers your question.

Great explanation and much appreciated, plus that is a far better pic............Beautiful looking machine by the way.P.

asA
10-19-2012, 12:22 PM
If you ever have a question about anything Eddie goes to a great length to explain everything. He is crazy helpful.

slicksteel
10-19-2012, 12:33 PM
what stroke are these eddie?can you make them in 4.5?

asA
10-19-2012, 12:58 PM
what stroke are these eddie?can you make them in 4.5?
I have a 2.8 and a 4 mm. Both run great. Really smooth torquey machines.

Zach_Zombi
01-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Ihave this exact machine right now, and its amazing. Ed has been more than helpful for any of my questions especially being new to rotaries

Wonderland
01-23-2013, 03:52 PM
I have one as well and it is a great running machine.

johndameart
01-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Very cool

nivek
01-23-2013, 08:45 PM
SIr., I have one of your machines I got in a trade and the gentleman I spoke to said to send you the needle runner and you would fix it. I just haven't got around to sending it - but I have to say I FUCKIN LOVE the machine, I will be getting another as soon as spring kicks in.

joelhague
01-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Happy you like it nivek its a powerhouse eh ! I love my whips and eddies aircraft aluminum version is top notch

nivek
01-24-2013, 09:52 AM
The main reason I never got a whip is the plastic. I am not gonna pay that kind of money for something i know can snap (had it happen to a friend). This is the perfect answer LOVE IT

Ourson777
02-07-2013, 01:35 AM
So gorgeous..i really like the meched ones! Someday i'll own one damnit!!!!

Tengu315
03-04-2013, 03:46 AM
How do I get one of those ?..