PDA

View Full Version : Production Slingshot Version 3 - Discount for Forum Members

specialtechnique
10-26-2012, 04:47 AM
I'm making the last few of these to send to Workhorse Irons, so one is available. The Slingshot v3 retails for $425 plus shipping on the Workhorse site. I would hook one up for $375 shipped if you're a forum member. Email [email protected] if interested. Thanks... --Bill

Caleb's Addiction
02-25-2013, 11:45 AM
What's the specs on these? I got one in trade and I love it but am curious about a couple things. It lines and packs pretty well at 4.5-5.5, but it's very spitty. Especially when lining, slings ink every where. I've tried little hang, lots of hang, diamond tip disposables, round tip disposables, up sizing, downsizing tube/needle, running slower and faster. Varied the number and tension of rubber bands, and bent needle bars vs straight, And it's no change.

I also don't like that there's no lugs on the side to wrap rubber bands on, as the design with the motor upside down and exposed wiring makes me nervous about rubber banding around all that.

It's a shame, because performance-wise, this is easily the best rotary liner I have ever used (comparing to Nedz, Kubin, nicks, various DD's, bishop, vivace, swash whip and swash slide.). Not knocking any of those machines as they're all good, just giving a comparison to what I've actually had in my hand and used.

Any advice?

S_Trofatter
02-25-2013, 12:42 PM
silicone tubing for grommets, and more bands/ band them differently, i can almost guarantee that will fix it, the only time a needle spits is when its not running up and down true.

MickWrath
02-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Caleb, she is a 3.5mm stroke and I always used silicone grommets on her and also round dridge tips one size larger than needle size. Diamonds can spit and bead up preventing pigment flow with thinner viscosities especially if the needle is resting at the bottom of the V. Try less of a bend and adjusting your elastics. It should solve any flow and spitting issues as I had none with my setups so it's definitely not the machine. Hope this helps Mick!

Caleb's Addiction
02-25-2013, 03:17 PM
What's a "dridge" tip?

MickWrath
02-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Tips that Dan Dridgenberg made back in the day. ;-) there's an example of one on an NG bomb grip in the HM direct drive thread. Mick-

peter clements
02-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Tips that Dan Dridgenberg made back in the day. ;-) there's an example of one on an NG bomb grip in the HM direct drive thread. Mick-

Has Dan stopped making em Mick?

MickWrath
02-25-2013, 04:21 PM
I dunno homie I got mine like 9 years ago and haven't needed replacements! So I'm not sure.

Caleb's Addiction
02-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Well that sucks for me! The shop is disposable only. We've been using kingpin, which double sucks, because they've gone to some kinda weird clear plastic on the tips that don't draw up as much ink as before.

Ourson777
02-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Try Mithra's disposables... that's what i use. They're my favorite. Also it wouldn't be a terrible idea to try TrueTubes. Those rock as well.

tattoo4satan
03-05-2013, 11:51 AM
is this deal still available?

Caleb's Addiction
03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
I've just gotten an order of tatsoul wrath gen2 tubes, hopefully they along with the silicon grommets will solve the problem.

MickWrath
03-05-2013, 01:53 PM
I think you'll be golden Caleb!!