PDA

View Full Version : If a customer was buying a machine for you...Neo Tat Vivace vs Stigma Hyper?

manos
10-26-2012, 04:26 PM
So a little background on myself is I've only used rotaries once which were the Neo Tat Vivaces. I immediately loved the hit of the machine (specially if you're working off the tips of your needles) and the consistency but unfortunately financially I haven't been able to make the transition from coils. Well luckily I've had a customer offer to spend anywhere from 600-700 on a machine which is really generous. That price range offers a lot of choices and it's not everyday you have 700 dollar wiggle room to try out and own a great machine. In my research I've come down to about 2 main machines I'm debating over; the Stigma Hyper v3 and the Neo Tat Vivace (and honestly been thinking about the Nedz). I enjoy doing colorful saturated tattoos but i don't straight up power through my tattoos. so i'd like something i can work softly with and crank up a bit for saturation. in my position what would you guys chose? I ussually run 7/9 mags. i usually run my shaders with a long throw with semi hard hit (meaning if i work off the tips i can brush stuff in but a little more pressure with the same voltage saturate the skin). hope that descibes my situation well enough. thanks for any help. in a perfect world i think if he had an 800 dollar budget i'd get two nedz machines since people love them for lining on here

slicksteel
10-26-2012, 04:50 PM
I would go with new the stigma hyper3-i have the 2 and it is very smooth-can make it hard or a bit of damping but still has a feel like a neotat but much smoother-and have heard the new one is also great for line also-can do it all.
if you want a more coil the latest nedz or rapier3 is the ticket they both can do it all.

peter clements
10-26-2012, 05:08 PM
So, someone is buying it for you? Right then, Neotat Vivace=$345, Hyper V3=$600, if you don't like it you sell it on and put the money in your pocket-Hyper V3 obviously, plus it is a lovely machine.

Administrator
10-26-2012, 05:11 PM
There are also a few brass neotat machines available from time to time. They only make a few each month. They are up around the 500$ mark. Weigh 7oz and where a big hit with almost everyone that has tried them. A friend of mine bought two after trying one out at the Calgary convention.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Tkocevar1
10-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Neo tat... Still my favorite machine... Aside from my coils

vodu
10-26-2012, 05:20 PM
I have both, neo tat is awesome to pack but the v3 do as well, is more versatile... But the good on neo tat is the simplicity and on v3 is the versatility. Depends if you want plug and play or discover variations of hits.

Sent by the Devil using a vessel, one galaxy S2 and tapatalk 2

manos
10-26-2012, 05:25 PM
thanks guys, good feed back. i do like the idea of having a range of hits and being able to set up the same machine to do a small walk in tattoo with a 5 or a seven liner and avoid a lot of that coil vibration and then use the same machine with a little adjustment to do color work. great forum. thanks guy. i'll keep checking it up on this to see what other opinions there are out there.

smiley
10-26-2012, 06:45 PM
So a little background on myself is I've only used rotaries once which were the Neo Tat Vivaces. I immediately loved the hit of the machine (specially if you're working off the tips of your needles) and the consistency but unfortunately financially I haven't been able to make the transition from coils. Well luckily I've had a customer offer to spend anywhere from 600-700 on a machine which is really generous. That price range offers a lot of choices and it's not everyday you have 700 dollar wiggle room to try out and own a great machine. In my research I've come down to about 2 main machines I'm debating over; the Stigma Hyper v3 and the Neo Tat Vivace (and honestly been thinking about the Nedz). I enjoy doing colorful saturated tattoos but i don't straight up power through my tattoos. so i'd like something i can work softly with and crank up a bit for saturation. in my position what would you guys chose? I ussually run 7/9 mags. i usually run my shaders with a long throw with semi hard hit (meaning if i work off the tips i can brush stuff in but a little more pressure with the same voltage saturate the skin). hope that descibes my situation well enough. thanks for any help. in a perfect world i think if he had an 800 dollar budget i'd get two nedz machines since people love them for lining on herei love my vivace and my bishops,all the controll is in ur hand adjustment,thou i dont own a v3 i hear good things.by the way manos is my last name,lol:)

slicksteel
10-26-2012, 08:09 PM
yea bishops are the bees nees for sure-are you could also ask him to get you two vivaces-one long and one medium stoke to cover all bases would be in the 600 range.

bangin
10-26-2012, 11:03 PM
if it was me, i would go spectra halo or swashdrive slide 2.0. thats only me tho.

Travis
10-26-2012, 11:43 PM
I'd buy two of Kubin's mini-crankers without a moments hesitation!!

ckjr
10-27-2012, 07:07 AM
$600 you might be able to squeeze out a 2 hyper v2 deal on the forum

lost in this strange galaxy.....
instagram @ckealohajr_tattoo
facebook.com/tawkpidgin

bmerck11
10-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Vivace, for one you already tried it and liked it. That machine has a standard stroke of 3.5 which is quite a bit. At that length your needles sit back in the tube comfortably when its off. Machines like a neotat put color or anything aside from lining rediculoisly easy! You will literally be shocked, and very smooth shading do to how consistent they are, why do you think top New schools artists use them? Jesse Smith, Frank La Natra, Josh Woods, Scotty Munster...........and you and your clients will enjoy faster heal times. I could go on,but its not about how much it is or what color lol its about what works for you and your style of tattooing.now go get get a vivace and be happy, and thank me later lol.

grey
10-27-2012, 11:45 PM
i agree with you merck, but you sound like your life literally depends on him buying a neotat.

pinkfro
10-28-2012, 02:33 AM
cranker lol

(Opted Out)
10-28-2012, 04:30 AM
Neotat vivace 3.5 is my go to machine... I cant find anything to replace it... Swashdrive whip hard clip for linework, neotat vivace for everything else....

bmerck11
10-28-2012, 10:14 AM
@grey lol my life changed when I got my first bishop.......they completely changed the way i tattoo!! I tried my boss's v2 and wasn't impressed

manos
10-29-2012, 04:36 PM
The color saturation is huge for me. here's a link to my work
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.59494727597.85602.585442597&type=3

what do you feel the difference is with the hit between the two? do you run them with a long stroke and do you stick with coils for linning?

Sarenity Tattoo
10-29-2012, 05:52 PM
neotat.

vodu
10-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Neotat vivace 3.5 is my go to machine... I cant find anything to replace it... Swashdrive whip hard clip for linework, neotat vivace for everything else....
Any line? i´ve used with a rs 7-9 and love it

danobolick
10-31-2012, 09:38 AM
I use my 3 Vivace and then my Bishop if needed. Love using the Neo Tats now as my primary setup. My other artist uses my Neo Tat as his liner also.