PDA

View Full Version : first attempt at a build...sort off

bluerocker
11-03-2012, 12:37 PM
before i start, i just wanna say after trying this, my ever growing respect for top of the line builders has gone up ten fold!!

Hey guys, after finally finding what i believe to be my perfect setup of machines, the chase was over and it left a large empty space in my life so... i thought fuck it, lets see how hard this building lark is!!:o

in simple terms....not as easy as ya may think!!

now i didnt actually fabricate any parts to this thing, its simply bits and pieces i had in the bottom drawer sitting gathering dust. an old piece of shit rotary, some thumb screws, contact posts etc ya no the stuff, so after much thought i decided to try and create something outta all this stuff.

now im no builder nor overly great with tools etc, but this was harder than what i thought it would be so god knows what it must be like for a builder who actually makes the parts and pieces it all together and runs great.

I learnt quite alot whilst doing this such as dont have the solder points at the bottom of the machine without insulating the soldered parts parts cos ya tend to get a little belt for ya trouble!!

here it is anyway...i call it ... Rocker Frankenstein Rotary (its made of lots of parts including a nicks thumb screw and a nedz rotary spring!!)

It weighs a ton but dont run too badly believe it or not, and no for you haters out there i wont use it on people i promise :)

evlink2006
11-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Kinda reminds me of the old erector sets. Looks like a fun little build.

johndameart
11-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Very cool.