PDA

View Full Version : Next Generation CENTRI Info.

Cyberitual
11-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Well it has been one hell of a journey so far I must say, and Im extremely thankful for all who have made this journey possible! The Centri you all know is being retired, sounds better then discontinued... There was 120 of them made and we are down to the last 20. I would like to think they would be concidered collectors one day but who knows. The last of what we have are going to be marked down to $475 plus S/H, that will take effect Saturday November 10th.

So that being said, here is the NGC

New additions:

1/4 inch shorter - 1/4 inch thinner
Guillotine Vice
Tension wheel/integrated stroke adjuster
Retractable LED light - Turns on automatically when extended and has magnetic locks
The industries first 90 degree free pivoting RCA jack
All Centri's will be 3 tone, Silver, black, and 3rd color to be determined. See pics for example.

Please leave all common interest and questions inside this thread. If you feel your question is more personal then go ahead and PM me.

jesoner79
11-05-2012, 01:35 AM
wow fuckin wow

PAWNJOB
11-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Looks great! Can't wait to hear some reviews on this machine. Do you know when you're hoping to release these yet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

vodu
11-05-2012, 02:07 AM
One of most beautiful machines i ever saw. This is ridiculous insane.

Sent by the Devil using a vessel, one galaxy S2 and tapatalk 2

gautam
11-05-2012, 02:29 AM
Now this is what i called Next Generation Futuristic Machine :)

Sage Oz
11-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Phuck yeah!!! Put me down for 1! And I'd like to vote for purple/black for color choice:)

rowdy
11-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Let me know when and were I need one

skinmech
11-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Does this model have the same drive mechanism/motor and will it still need the foam inserts. The reason I ask, is one of the main issues I had with the Centri was the frequency of Service Intervals, and the foam inserts were a major factor/reason for bagging the Centri, on the subject of bagging, the Led light is a pretty cool idea,is the performance of the light affected by bagging the machine, does the light still focus on a "central area" or is it distorted because of the bag.I don't want to sound negative, it is a nice looking Machine,but , imo,the Centri had some issues, but I always said there was a great Machine waiting to get out, maybe this is it.P:)

spoonertattoos
11-05-2012, 04:01 AM
congrats!

Fatlad5
11-05-2012, 05:02 AM
Looks really badass man :)
I'm loving the idea of a retractable light, never seen that before

Wonderland
11-05-2012, 05:39 AM
I don't even have words for how cool this looks.

OwlsDen
11-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Sounds like a great machine, what are the changes to the drive mech? It's one thing to give it a petty new dress, but have the internals improved as well?

darkness
11-05-2012, 06:44 AM
wow .. great news and a really cool machine

peter clements
11-05-2012, 09:43 AM
It looks lovely, it's nice to see the machine evolving. I look forward to Mike answering some of the above questions.

fkirons
11-05-2012, 11:33 AM
super futuristic!
Great job. I just didn't get the tensioner part. How do you insert the needle hoop in the armature pin?

aurelien
11-05-2012, 11:43 AM
It looks so cool !! Death to blorgons !

Cyberitual
11-05-2012, 01:18 PM
The internals are refined and all inconsistancies have been illiminated, the foam has been replace with a silicone O ring and its maintanance is little to none now. If it does need oil you do not have to open it up to apply a drop simply add a drop onto either side of the machine where the axel is exposed. The light will shine through a plastic bag with little distortion depending on how you bag it or what type of cover your using. Most artist dont bag there lights just the machine, and clean there lights with madacide. That is one of the main reasons the light can fold back so artist who dont care for it or prefer to bag there machines wont be bothered by it. Its a accessory not really a necessity. They will be available in a few months. Im shooting for January but would really like to get them out before xmas.

*Skinmech- The foam suppression washer was never a biohazard issue, Its washable and even autoclavable but its internal or recessed, how is a internal component any danger to contamination to your client? If that part was to be contaminated thats not a manufacture defect thats called not being careful. But shit happens and thats why its there to prevent your motor from getting any direct contact with bio hazardous fluids. I will admit there was alot of flaws in the begining of the Centri's journey around the world, but thanks to our users we have nailed all of them out. Im sorry your experience was not what others are experiencing with the Centri. First thing Jcarlton told me out of the gate, "Its impossible to please everyone" Which i understood then and fully agree with now.

But that doesnt mean i cant stop trying!!!

*FK - I will send you a pic of the tension wheel in its raw form and you will get a better understanding. Its alittle confusing to put into words. But this component also took over the job as the stroke adjuster aswell. HUGE IMPROVMENT! i will admit the previous stroke adjuster was not a good design at all and was a big factor in the centri's inconsistant performance when the user would try to use it to make adjustments. I will call you later and go over it with you. Maybe get your oppinion on its design.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! More pics to come with light extended with a full setup to understand it better.

OwlsDen
11-05-2012, 01:35 PM
sounds like good progress, I am glad to hear of the stroke limiter change. I have always felt like mine tightens over time and usage, and that some days i go to use it and feel like all the stroke is gone.

PAWNJOB
11-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Sounds great! I'm anxious but I really hope you don't rush the release, I'm sure we'd all rather wait a bit longer if it meant avoiding any possible headaches. Good luck w/ everything and keep us posted!

Stripe
11-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I am still loving my first Centri. It is my #1 shader and used daily. I can't say enough good about it.
I may have to pick up a second one at that price, hard to say no to that.
I have never had a problem with the foam. Seemed to work best when it was broke in a bit. Not any stranger then rubber bands when you think about it. How many times has a client said "can't they come up with something better then rubber bands?".
I hope in the new one will still have the same give and versatility. I hope to be able to pick up one of the new ones right away too. It looks amazing...

skinmech
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
The internals are refined and all inconsistancies have been illiminated, the foam has been replace with a silicone O ring and its maintanance is little to none now. If it does need oil you do not have to open it up to apply a drop simply add a drop onto either side of the machine where the axel is exposed. The light will shine through a plastic bag with little distortion depending on how you bag it or what type of cover your using. Most artist dont bag there lights just the machine, and clean there lights with madacide. That is one of the main reasons the light can fold back so artist who dont care for it or prefer to bag there machines wont be bothered by it. Its a accessory not really a necessity. They will be available in a few months. Im shooting for January but would really like to get them out before xmas.

*Skinmech- The foam suppression washer was never a biohazard issue, Its washable and even autoclavable but its internal or recessed, how is a internal component any danger to contamination to your client? If that part was to be contaminated thats not a manufacture defect thats called not being careful. But shit happens and thats why its there to prevent your motor from getting any direct contact with bio hazardous fluids. I will admit there was alot of flaws in the begining of the Centri's journey around the world, but thanks to our users we have nailed all of them out. Im sorry your experience was not what others are experiencing with the Centri. First thing Jcarlton told me out of the gate, "Its impossible to please everyone" Which i understood then and fully agree with now.

But that doesnt mean i cant stop trying!!!

*FK - I will send you a pic of the tension wheel in its raw form and you will get a better understanding. Its alittle confusing to put into words. But this component also took over the job as the stroke adjuster aswell. HUGE IMPROVMENT! i will admit the previous stroke adjuster was not a good design at all and was a big factor in the centri's inconsistant performance when the user would try to use it to make adjustments. I will call you later and go over it with you. Maybe get your oppinion on its design.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! More pics to come with light extended with a full setup to understand it better.

Hi Mike..So you admit there were inconsistencies with the first batch of Centris, to quote "The internals are refined and all inconsistancies have been illiminated, the foam has been replace with a silicone O ring and its maintanance is little to none now"

I need to ask why did you keep selling/updating the Centri if you knew there were inconsistencies, and lets face it, the update you talked about was nothing more than "providing some foam pieces" ..Why did you not produce 20 Centris and throw them out for Market Research,I truly believe that the Original Buyers funded your next batch/build of Original Centri Machines..The Centri was plagued with issues, from inconsistent running to stopping intermittently, I won't even mention the soldering, please remember I had two of these machines, not just one.

To Quote "The light will shine through a plastic bag with little distortion depending on how you bag it or what type of cover your using." Pretty sure the Cover will be Plastic, I was trying to think of other options. Quote "Most artist dont bag there lights just the machine, and clean there lights with madacide." This light is retractable, so if you don't bag it all the shit will be retracted into the machine, and what's the point of washing a light with madacide, you are as well cleaning the whole Machine...most people bag there Machines Mike, the light of yours kinda reminds me of a Solar Powered Torch...

Moving on to my Favourite Part.. Quote "*Skinmech- The foam suppression washer was never a biohazard issue, Its washable and even autoclavable but its internal or recessed, how is a internal component any danger to contamination to your client? If that part was to be contaminated thats not a manufacture defect thats called not being careful. But shit happens and thats why its there to prevent your motor from getting any direct contact with bio hazardous fluids"...For anyone who hasn't used a Centri, the Foam Suppression Washer is a piece of foam, approx 1.5" by 1.0"..Which is placed in the area where the needle bar nipple moves up and down...Unfortunately, due to having to service "my" centri every 30 mins/60 mins, these foam inserts became contaminated with the breakdown of the shitty solder job done on the components. So when I removed my Bag, small bits of Foam would fall everywhere...I bag my Machines,however, it wasn't contamination from BBP, CC or ABV which was my main concern, it was the breakdown of your, drive mechanism, and workmanship, or lack of it.

I am sorry to be blunt, I am sure there are many of the 100 users of the Centri who are happy with its performance, and tbh, just as many who are not.I always try to find the best in anything, sometimes it is hard, and every once in a while impossible. I will sum this up, very quickly, and I don't want to bring on any haters, however, I owned Centri #29 and#31 (if I remember) and both Machines, I felt were released without market testing, I felt like a Guinea Pig using them, and the Free Upgrade/Update was nothing more than a token gesture..I have always said, there is a great Machine (somewhere) in the Centri, this might be it.......And rather than the Centri becoming a Collectors Piece, maybe Mike will trade them in on this New Centri...Only Saying.......PeaceP.:rolleyes:

Cyberitual
11-05-2012, 06:31 PM
You forgot to quote the last part, "You cannot please everyone" I already apologized for your bad experience that you had. And im sure there are many others who were not satisfied. So whats your point? You didnt hear about the 2011 honda accord having a recall? those cars been around for years! I dont see guinea pigs driving them nor did i hear of a free 2012 trade in. If you want to start a thread thats all about dissecting the Centri's first batch then go right ahead but please this not the thread to rant. Ive bent over backwards for my customers and will continue to do so but i can only bend so far. Peace.:rolleyes:

skinmech
11-05-2012, 06:47 PM
You forgot to quote the last part, "You cannot please everyone" I already apologized for your bad experience that you had. And im sure there are many others who were not satisfied. So whats your point? You didnt hear about the 2011 honda accord having a recall? those cars been around for years! I dont see guinea pigs driving them nor did i hear of a free 2012 trade in. If you want to start a thread thats all about dissecting the Centri's first batch then go right ahead but please this not the thread to rant. Ive bent over backwards for my customers and will continue to do so but i can only bend so far. Peace.:rolleyes:

Honestly Mike.......FFS...The answer is in your first sentence..Quote "You cannot please everyone" I already apologized for your bad experience that you had. And im sure there are many others who were not satisfied. So whats your point?".....Mike, simply put, My point is the first batch of Centri's were not fit for purpose, you bench tested these on the first group of buyers, who, I suspect financed your next batch, once you realised the issues concerning reliability, consistency you offered a Free upgrade/update, which was basically inserting a piece of Foam, to try and prevent all the shuddering, and suppress vibration...To be honest, tell me, and all the other Centri owners, what the "foam suppression washer" actually did...

Your analogy of using of using a Motor Car/Auto mobile is very accurate, please remember I had two Centri's not just one, yeah I would associate the Centri with an old Banger, not a Honda....OR MIKE IF YOU TOTALLY BELIEVE IN THE CENTRI BECOMING A COLLECTORS PIECE, YOU COULD DO A TRADE-IN.......
Peace,P.:)

I would just like to add, I appreciate the Research and Development that goes into every new machine, there is a Great Machine in the Centri..This might be it.

artoftatt2
11-05-2012, 09:30 PM
The only gripe I have with a builder coming out with a new machine so fast is that maybe their could be a upgrade swap option for us guys who want to trade last years model in on a down payment for this years model... Haha can't wait hopefully I'm not broke when its released..

OwlsDen
11-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I think an internal upgrade to the originals would be nice. However knowing that not a lot were produced of the original batch will make me consider keeping mine. I happen to really like mine. It is a quirky machine, I would love to hate it for being so odd. Fortunately when I get it running just right, I have done things with it that seem impossible. Like one pass color on an elbow that healed bright, like really bright. Or solid color in the ditch that healed perfectly. I think the more versions the better they will get. Good luck, and I hope to eventually try the new machine.

skinmech
11-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I am pretty sure Mike, will surprise us all....

Tkocevar1
11-05-2012, 10:35 PM
As cool as I thought the first one was I wouldn't buy another. I clearly remember tinkering and tinkering .... Which was the whole reason I bought a rotary was to get away from that. Is the new one going to be 600$ too

Sage Oz
11-05-2012, 11:54 PM
I think he said $450, which is a much more reasonable price and another thing I like about the new one. I for one really like mine, and it has it's quirks for sure but this new version seems to address the issues I had.

vodu
11-05-2012, 11:58 PM
It looks so cool !! Death to blorgons !

Lol!

Sent by the Devil using a vessel, one galaxy S2 and tapatalk 2

Tkocevar1
11-06-2012, 12:31 AM
He said 475$ for the last of what he had of the originals. Which I still wouldn't pay. Micky sharpz 300$ both machines I bought tattooed perfectly for the last 4 years. For 600. I expected a lot more

Stripe
11-06-2012, 01:57 AM
He said 475$ for the last of what he had of the originals. Which I still wouldn't pay. Micky sharpz 300$ both machines I bought tattooed perfectly for the last 4 years. For 600. I expected a lot more
I would gladly pay $600 for another Centri. It tattoos circles around the Micky Sharpz is used for many years. Don't get me wrong, Micky Sharps makes a solid machine but the Centri is the closest thing to perfect I've used. Color, shading, hard or soft it nails it all. Took a little bit to figure out the way it works but It does exactly what I want every time. I can't say enough good about my Centri.
$475 is a steal... Just my opinion.

Tkocevar1
11-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Well again it's all opinion. I expected a lot more of a consistent machine. I did some solid work with when it worked well. I really liked it for bng. But when I buy a tattoo machine im thinking terms of a daily driver something I'll always want to pick up. It just wasn't my thing. As far as tattooing circles around Micky sharpz.... I doubt it. Those are the Most consistent "acting" machines I've bought other than my neo tat, stylus and the hawk I got. It's hard to feel good about a 600$ machine you don't want to pick up cause you never know how it's going to act. But I'm glad you like it and wish the builder the best

Stripe
11-06-2012, 02:31 AM
I've read a few things about the Centri being inconsistent tonight. I've never had that problem. Except for having to clean and use the spray on the inside a few times when I first got it. It has always done exactly what I want it to. I can get real soft graduations of color, solids and gray washing. I can run it real soft and get a nice punch.
Running circles around may have been a little bit much... My Sharpz ran great for several years. It is still in the safe as a back up color machine. Might still use it if it didn't weigh a ton and wasn't so loud. I'm to old for the weight and all that noise...

Tkocevar1
11-06-2012, 02:45 AM
All I'm saying is for the price tag.. It should have been running perfectly out of the box. The weight of it was a real nice feel

Stripe
11-06-2012, 04:24 PM
All I'm saying is for the price tag.. It should have been running perfectly out of the box. The weight of it was a real nice feel
Mine ran like a top out of the box. After about 20hrs it slowed down so I cleaned it like the video Mike made showed how to do. Did that a few times and haven't had to do it again in months now.
I also paid a lot more for a full neuma set up. Think I had 3+grand into that. Loved them too but the noise was driving me crazy. Compared to 3grand $600 was cheap. It is not only a matter of opinion but prospective as well...
One of my other favorite things about the Centri is that the power cord comes off the top. It is so nice to have the cord up and not dragging behind.

hellraiser6662
11-06-2012, 08:29 PM
I've had my centri for over 4/5 months once used it with good effects but the motor went and mike went out of his way to replace a motor the first time it was my own fault why it went the second time as I was running it to fast as I got it second hand I never knew how many volts I should be using. I've had a play with the internals I know how it works but the motor is the let down just not strong enough, not the theory. I think it's one of the best ideas so far but yes not enough testing and destroying was done to find its weak points but like most people who have a good idea its down to money, you need a good amount to get a radical machine like the centri to work. Perhaps mike should have take his idea to a bigger machine builder to get them to raise the cash for the r'n'd then done a deal on a percentage of machines sold? I haven't given up on my centri even though it sit in a box in bits I will get a new motor and start again. I totally love the idea and the theory behind it, & I do think in time it will be the way to go once more investment in that idea. A 12v motor? Or a circuit board to protect the motor from being burnt out? Who knows! But one thing I am sure is the centri once the problems are ironed out it would give any machine a run for it money.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

tattoodup12
11-06-2012, 09:06 PM
i love my centri. i love how even after some (nameless) on here were appeased by Mike, who is a good dude, you are still tryin to smear his name into the red. if this machine is so "bad" i guess your the retard for buying it with out doing your research. i have had no issues with the centri besides a voltage spike i caused. Also, the upgrade is more definately more than just a foam insert. He has taken every action above and beyond to satisfy customers. Give the man a break and stop bein so damn bitter. What have you done lately outside of trolling a forum? its trial and error in anything in life.

bottom line, the new centri is even more dope than the last and bugs are all worked out. i cant wait Mike!

fkirons
11-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Mike has been sending me some technical drawings. I can say that this version is going to make a lot of people happy. This machine is unique on its kind. The whole mechanism is unique.

People that buy a product for the first time have to know that the product will always be better in the future. Compare the first iPhone with the last one for example.
It does piss off when things don't got the way you plan them (for builder and customer) Even after so much testing you are going to find things to improve in any product.

Mike is a good dude I had the pleasure to meet him in person and discuss some subjects in rotary building.
I have no doubt he learned his lesson and he wants to make it better this time.

Mike hit me up with whatever you need. I sent you an email regarding the tensioner idea with some input also regarding the vise.
Good luck on this new version.

Tkocevar1
11-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Never said mike was a bad guy. Never smeared his name. Definitely not retarded for wanting to try something innovative. Mike immediately serviced my machine after I had problems with it. Got it back still had problems. And that's enough to make me not buy a product again. Any product for that matter. When I pay out good hard earned money for something I have expectations of it. The centri had good points. But when I'm trying to tattoo a customer and I have to fuck with my machine for 20 minutes that's just completely unacceptable to me. Good luck with the next one mike

skinmech
11-07-2012, 04:11 AM
i love my centri. i love how even after some (nameless) on here were appeased by Mike, who is a good dude, you are still tryin to smear his name into the red. if this machine is so "bad" i guess your the retard for buying it with out doing your research. i have had no issues with the centri besides a voltage spike i caused. Also, the upgrade is more definately more than just a foam insert. He has taken every action above and beyond to satisfy customers. Give the man a break and stop bein so damn bitter. What have you done lately outside of trolling a forum? its trial and error in anything in life.

bottom line, the new centri is even more dope than the last and bugs are all worked out. i cant wait Mike!

For the record, Mike is a great Guy and his customer service is beyond reproach, that was never in question. It is difficult to carry out "ground work" or research on a new or innovative design prior to purchasing no matter what it is or it's function, simply because it has "little history" and limited feedback. All the issues raised, on the first Centri are fact based and genuine.....Once again, I have always said...Inside the Centri, there is a Great Machine waiting to get out...

It is hard to criticize a popular Builder, and not expect to get flack,however, providing any issues are fact based and genuine it can help improve the development.I believe to call someone retarded is out of order,but, you are also entitled to your opinion, hoever, unlike the othere posts on this thread it is directed personally.

I agree with Mike, it may have been better to start these issues on a separate thread, as they have nothing to do with the New Build, therefore, if Admin wishes, I will remove my posts, or if Mike wants to start another post, I will steer clear.

sleezy23
11-08-2012, 08:13 PM
i wonder how long it might take for the next gen to be in production?? looks completely amazing.... i cant wait!

Bruce Gulick
11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Beautiful.

Cyberitual
11-09-2012, 10:48 PM
I wont be in town tomorrow so i went ahead and did the mark down a day early www.centritattoo.com (http://www.centritattoo.com) for more details. Here are the other pics i promised. 1448114482144831448414485

nivek
11-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Shit on me. I may just have to buy one of these. January is almost here - I make my list and cross "don't buy any more machines until the end of the year" off my chekcklist

Tullin
11-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Holy balls. I gotta get me one or four of these!

Sage Oz
11-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Drool.

tugg
11-15-2012, 01:32 PM
very nice ,I can live without the led,but ok if your working in a poorly lit situation like some conventions are. definately on my wishlist.
Everytime I look on this forum it costs me money, it worse than a crack habit.

peter clements
11-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Everytime I look on this forum it costs me money, it worse than a crack habit.

You are certainly not kidding.

directDRIVE
11-26-2012, 11:40 AM
very cool!
can we see a real picture though please?

clint morrison
12-01-2012, 04:11 PM
This looks awesome! How does that needle tensioner work I wonder?

johndameart
01-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I really want to try a centri

The Limey
01-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Looks to me like the ugly duckling has finally grown up!