PDA

View Full Version : Roman - Evolution Rotary

Janne
02-13-2011, 07:10 AM
http://www.hmtattoomachines.com/epages/61876198.sf/en_GB/www.hmtattoomachines.com/epages/61876198.preview/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61876198/Products/rota_silver_alumin

Can you guys/girls tell me anything about this builder?
(Roman - Evolution Rotary)

HM tools & DYE (http://www.hmtattoomachines.com/) is coming to convention called Helsinki-ink here in Finland next month.
And i´m hoping that they bring some rotarys for sell.

The machine has A-bar attached with mainspring to spring sadle...
A little odd for a newbie like me.

The Limey
02-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Mike H a forum member has a couple of these and can probably give you more information although I don't know how often he visits the forum so if he doesn't reply here you might need to send him a private message.

There is a thread about them here (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/135-Incognito-Now-Has-a-Rotary?highlight=Roman). However, the spring design is used by other builders, (Shagbuilt Canister Rotaries (http://www.shagbuilt.com/pages/tm-canister-type-rotary.php)) are one example, so its not that odd.

Hope that helps.

Janne
02-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks for reply! Looks good so far... But, i have been reading so much great things about the Bishops so i think i´ll go that way. :D

gangstajay
02-13-2011, 11:33 AM
hey Janne... the 3 that I use daily are the rotary works, bishop, and the neo tat... very good machine

The Limey
02-13-2011, 12:40 PM
I have the Neotat and Rotary works and like Jay says they are both great machines... I also really like my Tieg.

Janne
02-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the tips! But, i think i decide to go towards the Bishops...

mike h
02-13-2011, 06:48 PM
yes i have a roman rotary and i really like it.i think for newer rotary users its very easy to get used to,very similar to a coil machine in the way it feels but without all the negatives!i had an alloy and a brass one,prefered the weight of the brass one so traded the alloy.easy to get nice smooth shading and will put colour in solid ,i've used mine every day since august and haven't had a single problem with it,would recommend it!

Administrator
02-14-2011, 12:30 AM
You have a hell of a collection it looks like Mike! It reminds me I need to make a badge for Roman.

Alie K
02-14-2011, 01:12 AM
http://www.hmtattoomachines.com/epages/61876198.sf/en_GB/www.hmtattoomachines.com/epages/61876198.preview/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61876198/Products/rota_silver_alumin

Can you guys/girls tell me anything about this builder?
(Roman - Evolution Rotary)

HM tools & DYE (http://www.hmtattoomachines.com/) is coming to convention called Helsinki-ink here in Finland next month.
And i´m hoping that they bring some rotarys for sell.

The machine has A-bar attached with mainspring to spring sadle...
A little odd for a newbie like me.

The really nice thing about machines like these, is that NO MATTER WHAT, your needles will ALWAYS be up in the tube when your motor stops. Not all rotaries will do this. Some, like neotat and the Swiss machine (they are not the only ones) have springs inside them to do this. I think it's a nice feature to have as it makes tattooing a little safer if you are switching between machines. You will never accidentally scrape your hand on a machine whos needles were sticking out.

tgseh
02-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi Janne i haveone of these they are pretty awesome good for 15 mags and big liners...

skarnsink
03-27-2011, 03:51 AM
hey guys , was at the convetion there was quite a few guys useing Romans machines ,they look real nice ,was also chating with Roman and he was say that his working on a rca model ,nice guy to

TATMATIC
03-27-2011, 05:02 AM
so whos making them for roman .... i see alot of work horse people on that site and its in euros...... marv maybe

mike h
03-27-2011, 06:21 AM
i believe roman does the building himself ,he's a very nice guy to deal with.he's building me an rca machine now.

peter clements
03-27-2011, 10:06 AM
They're certainly a nice looking well made machine, I notice however, they are all shader specific.

TATMATIC
03-27-2011, 01:40 PM
you mean assembles....... cool

fkirons
03-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Machinehedz.com is going to start carrying them which is my new project. Roman is a good friend. I am meeting with him on friday at the convention in Denmark. Most likely I'll bring a few with me.

Alec_Benjamin
05-16-2011, 07:36 AM
I received my Roman recently and I have to say it is brilliant. The shipping was very fast and it was very well packaged.
The machine it'self is very light, very well put together, really solid. It runs quieter than any rotary I've used, and the motion is incredibly smooth. I've used it for black and grey and traditional whip and it's perfect for either, it's a real jack of all trades.
I'd recommend them for sure.

Alie K
05-16-2011, 10:07 AM
I did a good deal of shading yesterday with a 25mag yesterday with my Roman machine. Worked great.

Alec_Benjamin
05-16-2011, 10:17 AM
What volts did you run it on for that mag? If you don't mind my asking...

Alie K
05-16-2011, 10:23 AM
I don't exactly remember my sweet spot with it - I was using several machines at different voltages, but I'm pretty sure it was in the 6 - 7 volt range. That machine packs a good punch.

Alec_Benjamin
05-16-2011, 11:38 AM
I find around 6-7 to be the sweet spot also. They're really great machines huh.

The Limey
05-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Are they purely a shader / packer, or are they capable of lining? I want to add a canister to my arsenal but can't really decide which to go with.

Alec_Benjamin
05-16-2011, 01:13 PM
It says in their description that they're shaders, but consider how hard they hit and the smoothness of operation I don't see why you can't line with them.

Alie K
05-17-2011, 10:34 AM
I find around 6-7 to be the sweet spot also. They're really great machines huh.

Actually, I went to use it again yesterday, and I may have used one of the other machines at 6-7v. i seemed to like using it at about 5.5 - 6v.

Tried lining with it. Not crazy about it for that. Feels a little wiggly-jiggly for my taste to line with. Nice to shade with, though! pretty punchy.

Alie K
05-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Are they purely a shader / packer, or are they capable of lining? I want to add a canister to my arsenal but can't really decide which to go with.

Didn't like it much for color packing, Limey. Not sure why.