PDA

View Full Version : RotaryWorks RCA

MightyMouse
11-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Ive had a rotaryworks machine for awhile now and i do use it often. However its a clip cord an everything else i run is RCA... So.. Dale has send me a rca bit to attach onto it but i dont know how to fit it. I did mail him twice for some instrucion but as yet still no reply on it. I know its an easy thing to do really, ive done it on all my coil machines but i just cant get my head around it on the rotay for some reason :confused: i get you take the black back plate off that holds the clip cord prongs still. but then how do i attach the wires? do i unscrew the clipcord prongs an poke the wires into there? or do i attach them to the clipcord prongs? an how do ya stop the black plate that the rca is attached to from coming off everytime you disconnect your rca?

Photo step by step would be great... but a few pointers would also be amazing. :) Thanks an sorry for my slowness lol

casey
11-18-2012, 01:02 PM
send me a picture of what youve got on face book Sam (cant view them on here for some reason) and i will see if i can help mate

MightyMouse
11-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Thanks Casey, Dale did get intouch an explained the process to me. So got it sorted now an im loving the RCA so much easier than the clip cord. I do have one quick question though.. do you know what size the grub screws are that screw into the clipcord posts to secure them to the motor? Id like to pick up a couple of spares.

casey
11-22-2012, 12:00 PM
am guessing at m3 mate, definitely a little smaller than some m4s i have lying around. RCA is definitely a much easier and cleaner connection. sat waiting on an order for some supplies to knock up some heavy duty cords

OwlsDen
11-22-2012, 12:09 PM
I used a copper pipe end cap with an inner diameter of 28mm. Drilled a 6.5mm hole for the RCA jack and shrink wrapped it on to the end. After soldering the RCA to the motor of course. Now there are no clipcord lugs at all and the back of the motor is a bit cleaner and better protected.

Zapp
11-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Nice to see you still have it :-)

OwlsDen
11-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Nice to see you still have it :-)

Yep, still love it. Thanks again.

Zapp
11-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Great :-)