PDA

View Full Version : Rotaryworks...Twin-Cam....WOW.

skinmech
11-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Ok, I am pretty sure most of us have either used or heard about Rotaryworks Machines (RW). There are a few versions, Ali, Brass, the Springer, The BanGer’ and more recently the very popular Slim Line. I have always liked RW Machines, and Dale is a real Gent to deal with, no bullshit, the guy is straight down the line...The RW, is probably the closest Rotary Machine that I would class as an “electric pen”..Think Nicks, Cranker, Bishop, Neotat etc etc etc Stripped out to the bare essentials, all non essential parts removed, and the Motor Supercharged, with a couple of Turbos bolted on....That is the standard RW.

So, I was very surprised to have came across this “twin-cam/pivot/arm” whatever you want to call the set up, I like twin-cam...So I contacted Dale, and two days later, I have one in my hand...Supercharged, Twin turbo with Nitro....

It weighs little more than a standard RW, probs the same as a Springer, the first thing is how smooth it runs and it is very quiet, I would attribute this to the twin cam mechanism, also, the motion is perfectly linear, and it has some major redesigning to the needle bar nipple (see pic), no more washers needed to stop the gromm rubbing against the drive shaft, it has approx 3.5mm stroke and absolutely no give whatsoever..This Machine treats give, like a Lion would a Salad...Hard hitting, precise, accurate these all describe how it performs, BUT, all you have to control the outcome, is hand speed, volts and experience...Stunning Machine to use, defo one to have in your Armoury..It is so utterly controllable it is simply amazing.
I don’t know how many of these are being made, as far as I know only two and that would be a shame. I opted for the 6v Motor (3.6-4.7v For Lining, drop for Colour), probs the 12v might be a better option as it gives you a larger power “bandwith” to play with and therefore will be “slightly” more forgiving. It is worth noting, that this Machine may need 2-3 hours use to “run it in” as the drive mechanism is built to exact sizes, so has little play, so after a few hours it will be more fluid.

I won’t give this Machine marks out of ten, simply because it can and will do anything, and if you can’t tattoo with it...You can use it as a Dremel....I love it....Here is a link to it running...https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=443347519064159

devans
11-17-2012, 10:01 AM
That looks awsome. My RW is by far the best machine ive ever used, I will defo own more soon :)

PS......... What is the 'BanGer' ?

skinmech
11-17-2012, 10:10 AM
It was a Machine that Dale/RW brought out that was special at B&G.....So i call it the B and G er.....BanGer....

skinmech
11-17-2012, 07:48 PM
I missed out Guillotine Vice,,,,,,, Sorry.:o

acink
11-17-2012, 08:10 PM
This looks and sounds the bomb and once again skinmech your review got my juices running ,Me thinks im going to have to add to my RW collection :)

skinmech
11-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Remember Christmas is coming.....So Santattoo might bring you one......:D

acink
11-17-2012, 08:36 PM
My taughts exactly mate lol :)

peter clements
11-18-2012, 08:57 AM
It was a Machine that Dale/RW brought out that was special at B&G.....So i call it the B and G er.....BanGer....

Would that be the "Micro" RW? 2.5 stroke, Maxon motor, very nice for B&G, I have one:)

skinmech
11-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Would that be the "Micro" RW? 2.5 stroke, Maxon motor, very nice for B&G, I have one:)

Yep peter...Spot on.

Sekt
11-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Looks amazing. In the vid, when the machine is turned to look straight down on nipple, it looks like its not moving, no play whatsoever ! Whats your top 3 look like now ?

skinmech
11-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Impossible to answer, but, I would suggest that a shelf with a Brass Tracker(3.5mm), a Cranker(4mm adjustable), a Nicks(4mm Pivoting Arm type) Rotaryworks(any version) Would be all a person who prefers no give would ever need...It wouldn't hurt to have a TC (med stroke, med spring) for B&G.........TBH, there is very, very little separating the first 4 Machines, the Brass Tracker is only a Liner,but, probs the best I have ever came across, I find it too hard hitting for colour work, the Cranker/Nicks/RW can all line,shade and pack.....Just keep an eye on yer V's, Handspeed and needle depth.....I like to have the options of softer hitting/adjustable Machines for certain Clients or Areas of the Body, so a TC, a Weinerdog and a Nicks Spring loaded adjustable takes care of that...I see some fantastic work done with Halos,Hyper V2's, V3's etc etc but they didn't work out for me.In a perfect world we would all rock a Coil, a no give Rotary, and an adjustable Rotary...Probs all we would ever need, hard part would be picking which ones.P.;)

Sekt
11-18-2012, 03:36 PM
I can fully appreciate that, its like asking which children you'd like to keep and which ones are for sale =|

skinmech
11-18-2012, 03:45 PM
I can fully appreciate that, its like asking which children you'd like to keep and which ones are for sale =|

LOL..Well I nearly have as many kids as Machines, and right now I would easily trade two of them for a decent Rotary,LOL

NickTattoo
11-21-2012, 12:04 PM
LOL..Well I nearly have as many kids as Machines, and right now I would easily trade two of them for a decent Rotary,LOL

EPIC REPLY :)) i am laughing so loud right now :D