PDA

View Full Version : Unknown machine

OwlsDen
11-20-2012, 09:27 AM
I got the recently, and have no idea who made it. It isn't really a Direct Drive machine but more a kin to a Rotary Works. Then again it's not anything like anything else. It also doesn't feel like its very recent. It feel more like an older machine. Hard to put my finger on why. I am considering converting it to RCA but if it is anything special I might keep it stock. If its nothing special I will do with it as I please. Anyone know anything about this beast?

Wonderland
11-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Very interesting machine. I have never seen this and it looks to be an older machine. I will as around and see if any one I know knows what it is.

OwlsDen
11-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Another member ( Wildboy ) tells me that an eBay seller named Grobis Tattoo Express sold them for about 100€ on ebay.de some years ago. I don't know if they were the manufacture or just the distributor.

Please do ask around. It is a cool system.

I saw another one on eBay and the seller claimed it to be a rare machine and not easy to come by. Granted this is an eBay sellers claim and my German is only so good so my translation may be a bit shakey.

hendricksonart.com
11-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Because its pushing instead of pulling the needle into the skin seems like it would hit really hard?

OwlsDen
11-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Yes it seems that way. Although the stroke isn't very long maybe 2.5 - 2.8mm might make a good stippling machine.