PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, new here

Errolbft
11-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Name is Errol, been tattooing 20 years and own Blue Flame Tattoo in Raleigh, NC. After many years I finally made the switch to rotary.....due to arthritis and a recent surgery for carpal tunnel I thought I was going to have to retire, then I asked a fellow artist who switched to rotary how he liked them and on his advise I bought a Spectra Halo.....and loved it! The lighter weight and less vibration have allowed me to tattoo again.I have also bought a Shag rotary and a Bishop as well......but have yet to get one to use as a liner. I also noticed that my clients love them too,they seem to heal faster and they all tell me they hurt less, so a win/win all around. Thanks for having me and hope to post pics soon.

Errolbft
11-24-2012, 01:55 PM
done with my new machines...still getting use to them1473514736

Sage Oz
11-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Welcome sir! Hope you enjoy the forum. As far as liners, quite a few are capable and some are excellent, but there is a bit of a learning curve as the feel is a bit different. I love the spektra halo for lining but it took a sec to get the feel for it. The Dan Kubin Cranker is probably the most popular rotary liner aroumd here and for good reason, it lines(and everything else) amazingly.

johndameart
11-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Good to have you!

johndameart
11-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Ive use the spektra halo for lining and love it. With any good machine, its a bit of a learning curve.

Errolbft
11-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I looked up the Dan Kubin machines...seem`s he`s taking a break. When using a Halo are you using the short or medium stroke? Does it make much difference? I have a shitload of coil machines I`m putting on E-Bay so I can get a few more rotaries.

johndameart
11-24-2012, 02:53 PM
I want to say mine is a 3.6? if im right. so I mean there are two mor smaller ones. I hang my needle out Fairly far for sight. So It all depends on the person. Ive seen people using the longest for lining to the shortest for lining. with my lining tho, I dont have much give coming off of it with the top screw.

vodu
11-24-2012, 05:49 PM
For linning there's two who everybody here seems to like it, dan kubin mini cranker and rapier from tattoed pirate. I'm using a swashdrive whip to line too besides rapier and I'm loving it with the hard clip set to harder setting....

Sent by the Devil using a vessel, one galaxy S2 and tapatalk 2

OwlsDen
11-24-2012, 05:55 PM
The rapier II is a great choice for lining, also a great choice for bad wrists as it weighs a mere 93grams or just about 3 ounces.

Welcome to the forum. Always a pleasure to see folks from my home state on here.

skinmech
11-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Hey Errol, welcome...There are a few Rotary converts on here,me included.....Picking a Rotary Liner will depend on a few factors..Do you want a long stroke, do you ride the tube/needle, slow or fast handspeed, light or medium weight machine..If you just wanted to plug and play, yeah there are a few options,but, I feel with your experience, you will want something more specific..Feel free to pm me, or lemme know what you are lookin for, and I can suggest some machines,Welcome, you will enjoy your time here,P.

thesmokingmirror
11-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Dan Kubin Mini Cranker, Do it!

Sage Oz
11-24-2012, 06:51 PM
With my halos I'll use the 3.6 for smaller groupings and the 4.0 for larger needles, both at 2 turns out on the knob and around 8.5-9.0 volts on my CX-2. I also have seen a big improvement in it's lining once it was broken in a bit, but that's pretty universal for slide type rotaries...

nivek
11-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Kubin may be taking a break but places that sell his machines have some. i KNOW that good guy supply has a few right now. goodguysupply.com

Errolbft
11-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Kubin may be taking a break but places that sell his machines have some. i KNOW that good guy supply has a few right now. goodguysupply.com Thanks for the tip....going to order one

Magnu
11-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum. Another machine which I have found to be a great liner is the Tracker either the lite or brass, a real pocket rocket

boaz
11-27-2012, 06:46 AM
hi Errol nice to have you here ............enjoy!!!!!!!