PDA

View Full Version : New Machine

Wonderland
11-28-2012, 06:36 PM

So today I received my machine from Eddie Lollis. Have done 3 tattoos with it to day, first two for lining and the last for both line work and some grey wash work. the machine is quite light in the hand and that was nice. If i had a scale i would weigh it but I don't so there. :) Vibration was very minimal as well and the machine has that look of being well crafted instead of just being punched out by some nameless machine. I did have mention during one tattoo that the machine "hit" a little harder, and yes the machine @ 6 volts moves along quite nicely for line work. Bringing the voltage down did indeed work wonderfully for shading in some nice grey work as well. over all I am impressed with the machine.

Now I know that there was a little tizzy here about this machine and the Special Technique machine and the drive system used on both are similar. Eddie's machine is sleek and straight forward, you look at it and it is what you see. A no non-sense machine that requires no fiddling around at all, load up a needle and away you go, it pushed a 5RL, 14RL, & 7mag and 9mag with ease today. All in all a great machine to use and fits the hand well. Feeling it, is like holding a bar of soap, slick and smooth.

But unlike the Special Technique Carbon axis that I have as well, I play with the Special Technique a lot, I pick it up and stare at it sometimes, just to "see" something about it. It really is an art piece of a machine as most of there machines are. the brass and carbon just look good together. I will say that I did mod this machine a little, but not because I did not like the way it tattooed, I just had to add a RCA and I had some thicker Carbon plate laying around so I made a new side plate for it.

But looks aside, these two machines are both great, and will serve anyone quite well to do a tattoo or two. I would not tell any one to buy either one over the other.

Now I will say that I did take a file to the tube clamp and take a little material off the bottom of Eddies machine to get just a little better fit there. Not much really just a couple of strokes, but besides that the machines geometry was spot on for a hand made machine.

OwlsDen
11-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Looks nice. I like the looks of his carved machines a lot.

Shawn
11-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Can you post a pic of the machine in your hand or with a tube in it so I can kinda see the size of it?

Wonderland
11-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Can you post a pic of the machine in your hand or with a tube in it so I can kinda see the size of it?

Sure can :)

Shawn
11-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Thank you.