PDA

View Full Version : swashdrive whip spring

sleezy23
12-05-2012, 01:41 PM
does the swashdrive whip come with the stay up spring under the a bar? i had a knockoff one that did, and i just bought a limited ed rev red one from a guy, but there wasnt a spring under there. there was a hole on the a bar for it, and some kind of notch on the frame, but no spring. i took one off the cheapo and put it on. seems to work fine. just wondering if they come with one out o the box

vodu
12-05-2012, 02:09 PM
it doesn´t

sleezy23
12-05-2012, 04:18 PM
huh... fancy that. i know its not a necessity either way.... thanks vodu

vodu
12-05-2012, 10:19 PM
:)))

Caleb's Addiction
01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
On their tech specs that come with the machines, they state they've removed them because they can cause ink to travel up the tube too far.

hellraiser6662
01-21-2013, 01:14 PM
No mine never had one .

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Samyo
02-01-2013, 05:35 AM
Caleb is right, we removed the spring as we found it would create a harmonic that caused ink to pump up the tube ... it was discovered in the very first production models and it was not present in the prototypes .. we removed the spring & it resolved the problem. The new Gen 8 however has the return spring and a host of new features & will be out in the next few weeks ... It is a return to the original Swashdrive mechanism and offers a bigger motor and adjustable give that goes from really soft to rock hard with a very simple mechanism ... Tony the R&D guy is seriously impressed with it, and thinks it will make a lot of people take notice ...