PDA

View Full Version : Triple Brass is Brutally Beautiful...

skinmech
12-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I was lucky enough to have tried out one of the original builds from this UK Builder (directDRIVE- he is a member on here)...It was a few years back, and I kept in touch as I knew he had potential...He sticks to building one type of machine an Old Skool Direct Drive, but, utilises current materials and advancements to bring to the table a new Old Skool Machine, pretty much the best of both Worlds.

Everything about this Triple Brass Machine is huge, it is heavy, it will drive any grouping, the voltage "band-with" with will blow your mind and you need to balance the Machine using your hand strength....

Oh, and all you got to control what you do to the clients skin is volts, hand speed and needle depth. So no safety net, this is a Direct Drive- Balls on the Table, power to the skin, nothing in between Machine.....It is far more powerful than a Machine with "no GIVE" people seem to think that DD and no Give are the same.....Not in this case.

The throw is 4mm+, the needle motion is not linear,as is the case with all DD Machines. I used a "Halo" elastic band to keep my needle nice and snug,but ord size bands work just as good.The vice will keep any tube Dispo/SS very secure.The Machine is on the heavy side,so, I would keep it for Colour work.There is very little noise, almost silent, and due to the weight, vibration is minimal.The speed at which it puts Colour into the Skin, helps with the Healing Time, there is very little trauma.

And I fukn love it, I ain't gonna talk about the looks, cos you won't see them when you use one of these, the speed at which you can pack Colour will be all you are interested in..OK, it will Line,but,due to the weight and the balance, you need to be careful.....Simply put, it is an out and out Colour Machine......If you want to know voltage it is simple.....Start Low and Slow, and Build as you Go., if you want to know prices, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Old-Timer-TripleBrass-Precision-Rotary-Co-Tattoo-Machine-/181031370036?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Tattoos_BodyArt_S M&hash=item2a264f7d34

I will try and get a video of this packing colour...I was once asked how these builds sink ink, my reply was "brutally beautiful"... If I can hook it up, I will throw it on here.Any questions, feel free to ask.This is the RCA connection, so is slightly longer than the Clippy on the link.

johndameart
12-08-2012, 03:19 PM
That thing is pretty haha.

slicksteel
12-08-2012, 03:54 PM
i cant find him on here skinmech i wanted to talk to him about a build

skinmech
12-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Hi slick I pmed him... http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/2608-directDRIVE