PDA

View Full Version : New Stigma's coming soon.

MickWrath
12-10-2012, 12:51 AM
First Id like to note I'm not associated with Stigma I'm just bringing this to light for discussion and thoughts. Also for those who fancy Stigma's Rotaries, something to look forward to. The text and photo is taken from Stigma's Facebook page. For those who aren't aware Stigma has 2 new machines coming...
Mick~

So: here we are! At the Berlin convention, this weekend, we will have first machines of our new models "Prodigy" and "Beast" ready to show to the interested public.
THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE YET !!!!! You will see this weekend George Mavridis, Kostas Baronis and Silvano Fiato at our booth working with them. All technical info that we can give you by now:
1. The “Beast” is NOT adjustable and works without nipples / grommets and rubber bands. No cut of the needle, you insert it as it is and just lock it tight with the little screw in the front side.
2. The “Prodigy” IS adjustable ( give ) and has a needle stabilizer ( instead of rubber bands )
Stroke lengths: variable with 3 different excenter from 2,6 ~ 5,5 mm.
Both machines can take the same motor so you can easily plug the motor onto the one or other machine.
Weight of the machines without motor is about 45 grams, with motor about 90 grams ! So, they are super light weight.
Colors: red, silver, black, purple, blue, nuclear green, orange, pink
Please understand that we are on convention and cannot give any more info about the machines until fully description will be announced at our homepage in January. They will be available for reasonable prices in about the range of our other machines. The "Beast" a little lower in price.
You are ALL INVITED !!! to visit us at our booth THIS WEEKEND in the ARENA in BERLIN. We have AMAZING Stigma® artists to be ready!

slicksteel
12-10-2012, 01:12 AM
dam that beast looks pretty sick! long live no give!!

MickWrath
12-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Artemis mentioned on MD forums that there will be a few motor options as well. Looks pretty cool.

Tazman
12-10-2012, 02:05 AM
Damn! That beast looks sick. U wish it was going to be available sooner. Than I could pass it off as a Christmas gift to myself. Don't think the wife will go for a $400 late christmas gift...

MickWrath
12-10-2012, 02:15 AM
February release Taz, Valentines day haha.

OwlsDen
12-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Is it just me or does the prodigy look a bit like an injeckta? Not a huge resemblance just a similar overall shape. If they have made an injeckta that doesn't sound like a coil then it could be a great machine.

reigningink
12-10-2012, 04:32 AM
That beast looks pretty awesome. If its a fast machine it could be an an awesome power liner.

Pinhas
12-10-2012, 05:20 AM
long live :)
dam that beast looks pretty sick! long live no give!!

hellraiser6662
12-10-2012, 05:24 AM
Well nothing new just a rehash of other peoples ideas, the bolt motor (fkirons), the prodigy is nothing more than a halo. nothing stigma do is O G idea its always a copy and a rehash. Stigmas hyper was a rip off of swash drive machine. The fly was a rip off from the high breed pneumatic. The needle guide is ripped from the dragonfly. The beast looks the same as the bishop, would we all be saying how great it is if it was a Chinese company showing the same machines? No I doubt it, we be saying ripped off, Same toy different casting.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

bluerocker
12-10-2012, 05:54 AM
valid point from hellraiser there,,,, and seeing the chinese have already made the halo/bizzare cross now (basically front of a v2, arse the sdame as the motor bolt from the halo) for me the prodigy is gunna have a hard time, the beast yeah it has similarities to others but this debate is gunna go on and on, theres gunna be things that appear the same on the ever growing range of rotaries. i like the needle grip on the beast tho,, no gromit, no opening the eye up, maybe a band or runner, but this would have benefited from a tensioner on this one i reckon. gaston defo hit the pot of gold with the detachable motor it seems!!

OwlsDen
12-10-2012, 06:20 AM
The stigma fly and the vivace both had quick change motors before the halo. Most likely a few others as well.

bluerocker
12-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Yeah man what I meant was the halo seems to have pushed it on further,, maybe just out of popularity of that machine

hellraiser6662
12-10-2012, 06:47 AM
I think the first bolt motor was the hi-breed from that company with the pneumatic air machines, can't remember his name after the weekend haha

OwlsDen
12-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Nuema

hellraiser6662
12-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Nuema

Yea thats the one haha

MickWrath
12-10-2012, 11:00 AM
I see the Beast as pretty innovative, it's a nice little spin on a direct drive the way the needle inserts into the machine body and is locked down with its own screw. They are going to offer it with a 10v maxon too and at a lower price point that previous Stigmas. I see the Beast as a def buy and try machine for me. The prodigy does look like a halo and a dragonfly had a baby, but it's all in the hit and give, I learned long ago that just because a rotary looks like another and has the same principled operating system doesn't mean it will perform the same. I'd much rather have machine options I don't need or want, than want or need for machine options.

johndameart
12-10-2012, 11:23 AM
WOW, those look awesome

hendricksonart.com
12-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Curious how the needle locks into the machine and how quick that is

johndameart
12-10-2012, 11:44 AM
I am aswell.

hellraiser6662
12-10-2012, 01:17 PM
I also think the beast is a halo n bishop love child haha

Administrator
12-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Someone should probably reach out to Arte and remind him he could talk about the machine here. He never seems to reply to any of my emails... if you know him send him a link to this thread.

slicksteel
12-10-2012, 02:24 PM
The bottom line guys is you can only make a well so many ways-yea sure you can change a tread and the whats it made out of etc-but its job is to go round n round just like a machine is to simply make a needle go up and down.
So that being said I feel we are at the point with rotary like coils that companies will try to make a superior product that performs well over n over.We dont even know the internals of the prodigy or the beast yet.
All New concepts will be based of what company have learned from themshelves, tattooers and other companies.The term for this is called "forward progression of collective thoughts & shared ideas"
I feel the beast is a great idea as it actually puts the tube under the frame/needle mount without have to use groms,bands,tensioners etc or having to cut off the loop like others before. It also has refined the motor with it being smaller/compact then the fly,neuma, halo. this model has also taken past ideas from there other past machines such as the Tyranno.
The prodigy looks to be a refined version of their fly, bizarre v2, and concepts learned from other machines.
I my shelf think its great to get alot of different version/styles of machines as know I can find a machine will conform to me not the other way around.If you look at tattooing in the last 5 years it has leaped ahead with all kinds of styles of tattoo that was never thought possible. This has all been possible with the advant of rotary and learning and using ideas. Hell even coil builders are making all kinds of frames with different ways to make it work. Years ago these build would have been laughed at and discredited as garbage. The problem with china is when they make a cheap copy and try to use your name,description,logo..
You are going to see better machines coming from china as they are learning quick and they will be on par with others in the next year or so. If companies were smart like I have said before they would lic. models that are good but abit lower quailty/less features just like guitar parts such as bridges etc. This way you know what you get & both sides make money and there is different price points so you can afford a good machine but not the best unless you pay the premo price.

OwlsDen
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM
People keep saying bishop but that is just a NeoTat in hipster clothes.

Truly I am interested in the beast as well. Not for the looks. Sorry I don't think it's very pretty. However the needle lock sounds like a great idea. I like that idea.

slicksteel
12-10-2012, 02:51 PM
People keep saying bishop but that is just a NeoTat in hipster clothes.

haha so tru! they both almost run the same to me that is why i like them both!;)

MickWrath
12-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Slick hit the nail on the head, how many coils look identical but hit completely different? Too many to count. I'm looking forward to seeing new innovations like the centri and Johns magnetic but we need these refined versions of existing operating systems available as well, so to all the builders out there beat the horse until its perfect in every way and bring the prices down on older versions so china makes less off of their thievery. It's a fine line because builders improve off of builders but no reputable builder will clone a machine and undercut. That being said I'm sure with this interchangeable motor system that stigma has now, we can surely expect new bodies that will accommodate them. Means less money out of pocket for us artists so it seems like another step in the right direction. Gaston took it, now stigma, I'd say they are on to something good for everyone.

slicksteel
12-10-2012, 03:13 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/312762_395885507154917_1246578971_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=395887650488036&set=a.198616926881777.48351.186364354773701&type=1&theater

hellraiser6662
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Plus the bolt motor makes it easier to replace a motor than trying to chase a builder to replace one for you, which 9 times out of 10 is a pain in the arse most are interested in selling new machines. Someone on here should sell motors to replace burnt out ones.

darkness
12-11-2012, 06:13 AM
yes i love the idea to sell motors here :) ...i would like change my maxon to a faulhaber

elbo
12-11-2012, 09:06 AM
I gotta admit Stigma are doing a great job in developing their machines...These new ones look awesome...Infact Artemis should send me one to try? ha ha...Joking aside i can see me trying these babies when they are released....I have some great memories from my first dealings with rotarys and the joy when i recieved my Mk1 versions of the hyper....man i loved those original hypers! and they set me on the rotary path....

No Iron Machines
12-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Artemis is the king of rotary, always say this....

Cyberitual
12-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Im not trying to sound like a dick, and i havent seen nor tried one of there new ones so there is not much ground for this, But from what i can see there is no innovation here at all. If anything i see them enjoying beers on the band wagon. They just dropped to Fords level in my eyes...

slicksteel
12-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Some times it not about innovation just for innovation sake but about perfecting solid ideas that all ready work in the real world.Just because somebody has a new idea does not make it a worth while invention.look at all the new junk inventions you see on tv that promise to be the next big thing you need to make life easier.My shelf and tons of people have thought of new ideas but don't have the money to actually produce it.So were would we be without company like stigma that strive to put out well made machines with perfected ideas based on what has come before while at the sametime adding there own spin on it?
But I get what your saying mike-everyone wants to make a buck.:D

fkirons
12-11-2012, 02:35 PM
>:)<

slicksteel
12-12-2012, 03:19 PM
15199This pretty much sums it up!

hellraiser6662
12-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Hell I never thought of using it like that I think I might give it a try with mine haha

johndameart
12-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Aaaahahahaha

darkness
12-14-2012, 03:28 AM
i want to wait for the new centri ... :) real innovation

CajunDave
12-23-2012, 12:29 AM
whats the stroke length on that new fleshlight?

slicksteel
12-23-2012, 12:35 AM
whats the stroke length on that new fleshlight?
i heard it was at least 12inches only the bigboys can play! lol

serial1313
12-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Talk about blowing a load huh?! Bahahahahahahahaha I have always been told not to piss into the wind, I think this would be implied w/ this contraption too.